Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Apr 4, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #5,536 of 10,664
Wow, I can't believe OWC just totally jocked off Tarken like that. I use OWC for some things, like batteries, but I suggest everyone purchase IFlash products directly from Tarken himself. Even if Tarkan was more expensive, I would purchase directly from him in an effort to continue research and development. Sad that they just do infringe like that. To bad Tarken didn't get a copyright or patent.

Long live Tarken.

if you look closer at the pictures on OWC site you will see Tarkans logo and hologram so he is selling them to OWC.
I just ordered direkt from Tarkan.

Apr 4, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #5,537 of 10,664
A quick question for you audiophiles who use an iPod Classic 6th/7th/7.5 Generation with Rockbox please.

When you use rockbox with your iPod Classic (6/7/7.5), which I believe you installed it using EmCORE, are you able to dual boot with the previous Apple OS system, like one can do with the iPod Video 5/5.5 Generation? I don't mean by restoring through iTunes. I am referring to the ability to go back and forth between Rockbox and Apple OS after a reboot of the iPod player. On the 5/5.5 Generation you can do it by rebooting and quickly setting the hold switch to 'Hold' to go to the Apple OS, or leaving it normal to go to Rockbox. I couldn't do it with my 7.5 Generation as the emcore program is just too quick to load and takes me only to Rockbox!

Thanks for any insights! :)

Apr 5, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #5,544 of 10,664
hi, i just upgraded my ipod 5.5g with a 256gb. i currently am not using tarkan's adapter.

i have an issue where if i sync my entire itunes library (190GB) all the songs "disappear" from my ipod.
when i check the ipod, it states that there memory is being used up. and when i check it as a disk on my mac, it shows all the song data.
but when i go to play songs on the ipod, they are all gone.
i did some extensive testing and it seems i can add about 110GB only. if i add more it will "delete" all my songs while taking up space in my ipod.

i tried renaming the itunes files on my ipod, but then all my songs end up turning into the "OTHER" data.

is this a known issue?

any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Apr 5, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #5,546 of 10,664
PNY Elite Performance 256GB High Speed SDXC
Micro SATA Cables - CF Card to 1.8 inch ZIF Adapter for IPOD
Digigear SDXCF Extreme/Ultimate Compact Flash Card Adapter

this is my setup.

i read through this thread a bit more and think maybe i'm losing power or disconnecting because of a bad cable.
currently i am re-adding my library to my ipod with a new cable. but not sure if this will work...

thanks for your help.

Apr 5, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #5,547 of 10,664
I'm betting it's because of the Digigear CF-to-SD Adapter. Most of them don't like big capacity cards like the PNY 256GB. Tarkens adapter works because he is running custom firmware that allows for it to use large SDXC cards.

Apr 5, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #5,549 of 10,664
no wonder....
that perfectly explains why it doesn't go over 110 gb.

tarkan's iFlash & SD-CF Adapter Bundle is the only thing i need, correct?
it will work with PNY Elite Performance 256GB High Speed SDXC?

thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back