Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Mar 28, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #5,492 of 10,664
  I got for a friend of mine years ago a leather case (for a video5.5) to use with his thick 6th generation. It wasn't the perfect fit, but it did the job. Maybe we could ask the guy selling the thick back cover with the battery if he has or know about cases for thick ipods

He already made one, Alex will send me a sample to test it out. I believe he said it's made of leather

Edit: I found his response.

"The first batch of cases‎ has some problem. I'll upgrade it.
I have three colors now, black, brown and white, which would you like?

Alex"

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #5,494 of 10,664
Does anyone know of a method to remove scratches from the screen part of a 5G cover?

I accidentally scratched it from the inside, then tried to remove it with Polywatch (which is made to remove scratches from plastic watches, but works on all kinds of acrylic surfaces). This only made it worse and now the screen's kind of dull.

It's not a huge deal, but I want to sell this iPod and need it to be as perfect as possible.

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #5,495 of 10,664
  Does anyone know of a method to remove scratches from the screen part of a 5G cover?

I accidentally scratched it from the inside, then tried to remove it with Polywatch (which is made to remove scratches from plastic watches, but works on all kinds of acrylic surfaces). This only made it worse and now the screen's kind of dull.

It's not a huge deal, but I want to sell this iPod and need it to be as perfect as possible.

http://www.idemigods.com/5th_Generation_iPod_Video_Front_Cover_Panel_Black_p/5g_frntcvr_blk.htm

Mar 28, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #5,500 of 10,664
  So for most of this thread that I have read, the batteries you guys use mostly come from eBay. Is there not a decent one available from Amazon at all?

Yea, We need to start a thread that keeps track of the models of batteries that work well, average and fail early for each Ipod version. 3g 4g 5g 5g etc.

The "One Song Battery Test" should be a good standard of testing to track at least the first time charge.

my2cents

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #5,503 of 10,664
  @ThinWalls
Did you resolve problem *PANIC* ATA: Error 80000000 in RockBox load?

Apologies, but did I post about that specifically somewhere at some point?  I don't remember, so can't answer the question!

Rockbox seems to work for me now.  It occasionally crashes, but, so far, always comes back after a reboot (seems to be changing themes that is most likely to lead to a crash).  This is a big improvement on the original firmware, which had developed a tendency to crash unrecoverably, requiring a complete resynch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back