Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Nov 17, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #4,246 of 10,664

Ow yeah sorry I forget you said that, and which build of Rockbox are you using? Maybe you can try upgrading to a newer version?

I suppose I could try the "developmental version," but I opted to use the latest stable version instead.  Regardless, I think I will live with the little bit of extra effort that it takes to switch the iPod into iTunes mode when I want to add music to it.

Nov 17, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #4,247 of 10,664

I suppose I could try the "developmental version," but I opted to use the latest stable version instead.  Regardless, I think I will live with the little bit of extra effort that it takes to switch the iPod into iTunes mode when I want to add music to it.

I'm not sure where exactly I've read it but I know I've seen somewhere that the last "stable" version is just too old. You could go for the version posted here and see if this helps. I also think this might correct the bug you have with the disk mode in Rockbox that's not working.

Nov 17, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #4,248 of 10,664
Oh god I just got a pair of Xiaomi Pistons, holy sibilance batman... and my ipod is outputting constant static that becomes really obvious on something so low-impedance

Anything I can do other than get an LOD DAC/amp (which I'm not going to do - not gonna trade the convenience)? It's not a huge deal because I'll mostly be using it in public where there will be some background noise anyway but it's definitely annoying

Nov 17, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #4,249 of 10,664
  Oh god I just got a pair of Xiaomi Pistons, holy sibilance batman... and my ipod is outputting constant static that becomes really obvious on something so low-impedance

Anything I can do other than get an LOD DAC/amp (which I'm not going to do - not gonna trade the convenience)? It's not a huge deal because I'll mostly be using it in public where there will be some background noise anyway but it's definitely annoying

fiio x3 / x1 might fit your needs/ budget

Nov 17, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #4,257 of 10,664
Any sensitive IEM is going to pick up the static though

I think I'm just gonna live with it and then when I have some extra money spring for an X1 with a 128GB card, I can always sell my upgraded ipod for a pretty penny

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #4,258 of 10,664
  Any sensitive IEM is going to pick up the static though

I think I'm just gonna live with it and then when I have some extra money spring for an X1 with a 128GB card, I can always sell my upgraded ipod for a pretty penny

Yes.... anything with 16 ohm or lower will have static. The nx1 is 16- 300 ohm. the pistons are 16 ohm. The havi's are 32ohm which far enough away to not get static. I use MDR xb90ex's because I love bass thats why I had to switch to the C&C bh2. The C&C is 8-300 ohm which fixed my problem. What I'm trying to say is why are you using the pistons? 

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #4,259 of 10,664
  Yes.... anything with 16 ohm or lower will have static. The nx1 is 16- 300 ohm. the pistons are 16 ohm. The havi's are 32ohm which far enough away to not get static. I use MDR xb90ex's because I love bass thats why I had to switch to the C&C bh2. The C&C is 8-300 ohm which fixed my problem. What I'm trying to say is why are you using the pistons? 

I far prefer headphones but I needed something in-ear for the bus and such, didn't want to spend a lot of money

Although I just got a new job so I'll be able to afford some nicer ones soon, I'll find some 32 ohm IEMs and see how those sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back