Official Hong Kong Thread (Shops, Meets, Events and more-)
Oct 12, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #378 of 421
Hi ! I've arrived at HK not long ago & will be staying at around Tsim Sha Shui area , would be great if anyone could share where i can demo & buy IEMS at a discounted price . JH Angie , IE800 OR any suggested ! Appreciated !

Oct 13, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #379 of 421
Hi ! I've arrived at HK not long ago & will be staying at around Tsim Sha Shui area , would be great if anyone could share where i can demo & buy IEMS at a discounted price . JH Angie , IE800 OR any suggested ! Appreciated !

Most of the shops listed on the 1st page, you can demo headphones.  There is also a building in Mong Kok called 'Sim City' which has a few headphone stores too.

The prices in HK are very similar across all retailers, I see very few discounts.

Best of luck.

Oct 15, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #380 of 421
i just got back to singapore . Well its true , most retailers have very rigid retail prices , just manage to walk by some at ifc mall , im quite suprised by the number of people i saw wearing iems with custom cables on the MTR :D 

Jan 6, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #382 of 421
Subbed. Will be going to Hong Kong (this time for leisure) this March. Let's see if they offer "better" prices than here in SG. :slight_smile:

tip
all hk headfi shops expect you to "lightly" haggle, you will get 10-15% listed prices but only if you pay in cash or debit card.

Strictly no refunds and only 7 day exchange.

jaben, while having the nicest and most knowledgable crew, offers the least amount of discount. Dma, Let's Go Audio and Rightshop have the widest selection, decent discount. Mingo, often the best pricing and then there is Kingsound, some really interesting products (new old stock red wine, alo, audeze etc) but some are parallel imports.

Even with local brands like labkable and various ciem brands, buying from retailers are often cheaper than buying direct from them.

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #383 of 421
tip
all hk headfi shops expect you to "lightly" haggle, you will get 10-15% listed prices but only if you pay in cash or debit card.

Strictly no refunds and only 7 day exchange.

jaben, while having the nicest and most knowledgable crew, offers the least amount of discount. Dma, Let's Go Audio and Rightshop have the widest selection, decent discount. Mingo, often the best pricing and then there is Kingsound, some really interesting products (new old stock red wine, alo, audeze etc) but some are parallel imports.

Even with local brands like labkable and various ciem brands, buying from retailers are often cheaper than buying direct from them.

Thanks for the tip!
beerchug.gif

Jan 16, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #384 of 421
Head to Kowloon from the US on business this weekend and hoping to visit a shop or two. I think I've been to Mingo (close to Mong Kok Station?). Will try to find that shop again.
Any suggestions near by to walk to? Not looking for anything specific but want to explore. Do shops stay open late on Saturday night?

Jan 16, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #385 of 421
Generally shops open later and stay open later in HK, compared to say UK.   So most open around 10 or 11am and shut 10 or 11pm daily (occasional time changes for Sundays but most still open). 

Jan 16, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #386 of 421
More like 12AM to 8PM.

Jan 17, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #388 of 421
Jan 17, 2017 at 1:57 AM Post #389 of 421
  Head to Kowloon from the US on business this weekend and hoping to visit a shop or two. I think I've been to Mingo (close to Mong Kok Station?). Will try to find that shop again.
Any suggestions near by to walk to? Not looking for anything specific but want to explore. Do shops stay open late on Saturday night?

Not sure how long since you have last visited Mingo but their flagship store has relocated to some office building near Sino Center, which is much smaller than the one they had before.
Their current address is at:
Room 901, President Commercial Centre,
608 Nathan Road, Mongkok, KLN (+852 2770 6919)
(https://goo.gl/maps/nySgS8ZyaEp)

Nearby you could check out Sim City mall which has stores of quite a few other headphone chain stores that includes DMA, KingSound and a small shop of Mingo's. AFAIK most should be open till around 9pm usually:
(https://goo.gl/maps/k85RUAA9NoS2)

Then also Jaben that is also very close by, and they are open till 10pm daily:
(Shantung Street Entry) Room 24, 2/F, Wing Wah Building, 14-24 Sai Yueng Choi Street South, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong
(852) 2304 3108
(https://goo.gl/maps/qFHtsgtjaPo)

Hope this helps
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back