1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Official Hong Kong Thread (Shops, Meets, Events and more-)

First

Back
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last
  1. kellychan
    subscribed for upcoming events

2. jmills8
    AD?

3. Bina
    I'm now staying in Shenzhen for some time, so I'm up for some meets in HK! :)

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
  4. DragonDave
    Dave here currently living in Hong Kong. Newbie on this forum. Nice to meet you all.

Dave

5. Rayzilla
    Anyone going to this?
    I am almost ready to buy my first DAP. Front runner is the Hiby R6 but open to considering the DX150 or maybe a used DX200.
    I am quite certain I will buy a custom IEM too even though I am constantly reminded of how much I love my Intime Go IEM each time I try out the universal of CIEMs.

Just wondering if I should hold out buying anything until after the event, in case there will be show deals that I might be interested in. I've never been to this show, or any audio show for that matter.

What do you think?
    IMG_20180801_202405.jpg

6. Sound Eq
    Greetings

If one wants to visit Hong Kong, can you recommend good hotels that are close to the best shops for Audio ( daps, iems, headphones )
    The hotels to be reasonably priced between 80-100 usd per night

Around which area should I be looking for hotels

I know on the front page there is mention of shops, but which is THE BEST shop that has everything to demo

Also are there shops that sell second hand items, or is there a website that sells second hand items in Hong Kong that I can look at maybe while being there I can get good second hand items

thanks so much

7. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    Mong Kok. Between all the shops in Sim City it's hard to pick a winner but it's not like you have to walk further than spitting distance between all of them anyway.

When are you coming? :)

8. dairy
    I think DMA in Sim City is probably the largest store I've been to. Some earphones (Sony, Campfire, Shure), are open for anyone to try without asking their staff, but they have a wide variety of other gear that is available for demo on request.

How's your Chinese? There's a website that is quite popular for selling/buying audio gear (among a lot of other stuff), but it's all in Chinese. If you'd like it, I can PM you. If you don't read Chinese, the app Carousell is also a good platform to buy used gear, but doesn't have as much audio stuff available.

9. Sound Eq
    can you please send me the website maybe i can use google translate

10. Sound Eq
    thats great to know most are in the same place, I might come on end of July.

I know in each store I need hours, so I will be staying with my wife and son for a week, and I want to make the best of my time to visit the best stores were I can demo things

So I guess for now I see DMA got recommended

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  11. jmills8
    Jaben
    Lets Go Audio
    Right Sound Audio
    DMA
    King Sound Audio
    Forever Sound
    Cayin has a big shop with all their home set ups.
    ECT has a shop with all high end audio.
    Mingo was big some years ago.

12. Sound Eq
    thanks man, are all those within mong kong

13. jmills8
    Most

14. Sound Eq
    Hi everyone, as mentioned earlier I will be visiting Hong Kong soon with my family.

Main goal besides sight seeing is audition as much as possible gears, and in the end I will buy totl 1 iem and 1 headphone, then source out great deals from either shops or the second hand website if that item is found at the time of my visit

I have put the following stores to go to : DMA, JABEN Forever Source, Kingsound, Lets go audio

Sorry to keep asking but I have few questions

1- Is there a place to make customs ear tips to fit my iems, within 5 days, as that is really something I would like to have done
    2- Do all those shops mentioned above accept visa
    3- I know the last question might be difficult, I would like to buy an amp called KGSSHV for my stax headphones, that amp is made in Iceland so I guess finding it in Hong Kong will be difficult ( https://mjolnir-audio.com/products/ )

thanks so much

15. Rayzilla
    I'll try to answer:
    1- Not sure which ones can do it but it will be tricky to manage. I'd be hesitant to put a deposit since you have no recourse other than losing the deposit if it doesn't work out. Others can provide better advice here.
    2- They all accept cc but as always and everywhere around the world, cash is king if you want to maximize any discount. They are all very nice shops.
    3- KGSSHV is a DIY am from my understanding. Different people can make it. Some, like Mjolnir have a reputation and charge more. I have seen the odd KGSSHV amp listed in the used ads in Hong Kong before but not very common. The voltage in HK is 220v too so keep that in mind.

I hope this helps a little at least.

First

Back
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last