1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Official Hong Kong Thread (Shops, Meets, Events and more-)

First

Back
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
27 28
Next

Last
  1. BucketInABucket
    Sure Joe, I'll be back in July!

Joe Bloggs likes this.
  2. sfoxy
    I fear my wallet is already trembling at the prospect of a meetup may mean an audio gear spending splurge haha

3. potatoe94
    Hi ! I've arrived at HK not long ago & will be staying at around Tsim Sha Shui area , would be great if anyone could share where i can demo & buy IEMS at a discounted price . JH Angie , IE800 OR any suggested ! Appreciated !

4. wskl

Most of the shops listed on the 1st page, you can demo headphones.  There is also a building in Mong Kok called 'Sim City' which has a few headphone stores too.

The prices in HK are very similar across all retailers, I see very few discounts.

Best of luck.

5. potatoe94
    i just got back to singapore . Well its true , most retailers have very rigid retail prices , just manage to walk by some at ifc mall , im quite suprised by the number of people i saw wearing iems with custom cables on the MTR :D 

6. karloil
    Subbed. Will be going to Hong Kong (this time for leisure) this March. Let's see if they offer "better" prices than here in SG. :slight_smile:

7. deafdoorknob

tip
    all hk headfi shops expect you to "lightly" haggle, you will get 10-15% listed prices but only if you pay in cash or debit card.

Strictly no refunds and only 7 day exchange.

jaben, while having the nicest and most knowledgable crew, offers the least amount of discount. Dma, Let's Go Audio and Rightshop have the widest selection, decent discount. Mingo, often the best pricing and then there is Kingsound, some really interesting products (new old stock red wine, alo, audeze etc) but some are parallel imports.

Even with local brands like labkable and various ciem brands, buying from retailers are often cheaper than buying direct from them.

8. karloil

Thanks for the tip! [​IMG]

deafdoorknob likes this.
  9. Malcuso
    Head to Kowloon from the US on business this weekend and hoping to visit a shop or two. I think I've been to Mingo (close to Mong Kok Station?). Will try to find that shop again.
    Any suggestions near by to walk to? Not looking for anything specific but want to explore. Do shops stay open late on Saturday night?

10. kerrys30
    Generally shops open later and stay open later in HK, compared to say UK.   So most open around 10 or 11am and shut 10 or 11pm daily (occasional time changes for Sundays but most still open). 

11. jmills8
    More like 12AM to 8PM.

12. deafdoorknob

Mong Kok
    1pm to 8:30 all week
    except Jaben
    12:30 to 9:30

other areas (Shum Shui Po or Wanchai)
    12:30pm to 8:30pm all week

13. jmills8
    on paper yes.

14. lugia862
    Not sure how long since you have last visited Mingo but their flagship store has relocated to some office building near Sino Center, which is much smaller than the one they had before.
    Their current address is at:
    Room 901, President Commercial Centre,
    608 Nathan Road, Mongkok, KLN (+852 2770 6919)
    (https://goo.gl/maps/nySgS8ZyaEp)

Nearby you could check out Sim City mall which has stores of quite a few other headphone chain stores that includes DMA, KingSound and a small shop of Mingo's. AFAIK most should be open till around 9pm usually:
    (https://goo.gl/maps/k85RUAA9NoS2)

Then also Jaben that is also very close by, and they are open till 10pm daily:
    (Shantung Street Entry) Room 24, 2/F, Wing Wah Building, 14-24 Sai Yueng Choi Street South, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong
    (852) 2304 3108
    (https://goo.gl/maps/qFHtsgtjaPo)

Hope this helps [​IMG]

15. Malcuso

lugia862, Thank you! This is perfect.

First

Back
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
27 28
Next

Last