Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread
Sep 5, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #3,736 of 3,817
I have more fun with the one on the right...(V3).

I just listed the one on the left for sale.

DAC and amp are also for sale I just haven't listed them yet. PM me if interested.

IMG_20230904_073126593_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #3,737 of 3,817

DAC and amp are also for sale I just haven't listed them yet. PM me if interested.

Wow, doesn’t sound like a touch choice :). Sure the Susvara’s are great headphones, but they are more for critical listening than simply just enjoying music. They are also not great all around headphones for a number genres.

Oct 10, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #3,738 of 3,817
Ok my review of HE1K V3 is complete and can be read here.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hi...th-stealth-magnets.26331/reviews#review-31946

Pros:
-lush and open musicality
-mid centric tonality
-most natural timbre of any Planar HP or IEMs ive test
-gigantic headroom
-deep thumpy warm bass
-excellent sound layering
-intimate mid range with full bodied instrument
-lively yet not agressive macro dynamic
-end game female vocal
-great sens of proximity with piano, vocals, sax, guitar etc
-tactile large and dense instrument presence
-fast attack speed and control
-smooth treble that don't lack richness or fine detailing
-plenty of lower mids, nothing sound thin with those
-very comfortable even after hours and hours of listen
-great construction
-very decent sound value even with it's high price

Cons:
-not the best bass separation and definition
-lack a bit of treble sparkle and brilliance
-not end game imaging
-underwhelming packaging
-so so cables
-metal headband part isn't as elegant as rest of construction

1696945190682.png

For now its my favorite Hifiman headphones, big time. For those finding Sennheiser HD820 mids too thin or Arya too U shape and lacking a bit of lower mids warmth....its a must. I mean, audiophile that need meaty intimate mid range will be in heaven with the Stealth. Cello, piano, saxo and female vocal are truely blissfull.

Oct 10, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #3,739 of 3,817

wow.....wasnt expecting to see this lol

Susvara mids are different i guess? perhaps crisper yet less lush?

havent try it but im in supreme love story with HE1K V3....so Mids-licious!

Oct 10, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #3,740 of 3,817
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hi...th-stealth-magnets.26331/reviews#review-31946

Pros:
-mid centric tonality
-gigantic headroom
-deep thumpy warm bass
-end game female vocal
-great construction

Cons:
-not end game imaging
-underwhelming packaging
-so so cables

1696945190682.png

For now its my favorite Hifiman headphones, big time. For those finding Sennheiser HD820 mids too thin or Arya too U shape and lacking a bit of lower mids warmth....its a must. I mean, audiophile that need meaty intimate mid range will be in heaven with the Stealth. Cello, piano, saxo and female vocal are truely blissfull.
Nice right up! I agree with most of what you said. Especially the part about cello being heavenly.
I'm getting more spaciousness with the HEK V2 Stealth then the Susvara did. Like I said in my above post, I have more fun with the HEK V2 then the Susvara.

Oct 10, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #3,741 of 3,817
Tomorrow maximum return window for HE1000 Stealth, man... What an hard decision to take. Anyway his stock XLR cable which Is now the baloon one in clear coloration and full Brown box without Golden logos, sounds much Better than AliExpress in thick Copper silver-plated ones. Then full pure silver i think to my esrs should pair really really well with this headphone, Better than stock cable? Mhh. And full pure thick silver should squeeze every detailed It brings this headphone, to it's best in the Final Sonic output. And yes the female in this headphones are very accurate and endgame as someone reviewed above. But also female and male balancing Is very accurate, comparing to LCD-XC.

But It Needs a really powerful and minimum 4-500$€ amp like Topping A70 Pro which Is warm at 10W, and a Better DAC than Smsl SU-9 you could hear that soundstage could be Better (You can feel this headphone is really capable), you could also feels that the dac Is a Little bit shrill on the Highs and Is all generated by the Sabre dac. That's why i'm purchasing a used Smsl M400 which MSRP Is 850$.
I think as i watched WaveTheory review HE1000 Stealth scales really nice with expensive amplifiers, you can hear your system capabilities and flaws instead Arya Organic ones but to a very degree, thus why the only 16 ohms, a common audiophiles theory the lowest the ohm and higher sensitivity the lower the audio quality, but nothing as granted.

I should keep It maybe and hopefully Hifiman can let me upgrade later for a reasonable price, mhh. That should be even more 3d sound and clarity but at the expense of a little more darker but more analitical approach.

Oct 10, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #3,742 of 3,817
Tomorrow maximum return window for HE1000 Stealth, man... What an hard decision to take.
If it still didn't convince you I recommend returning it and trying something else

Oct 10, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #3,743 of 3,817
If it still didn't convince you I recommend returning it and trying something else
The only something else Is Hifiman Arya Organic, which Is an option but really i should side-grade/downgrade as shipping ensured costs 100€? Treble level on HE1000 Is superb with a good source and should be a Little bit Better then Arya Organic as some reviews Say but, yeah i can't try It if i hold HE1000 Stealth..

And Finally i'm Happy owning and listening to a headphone to quote a long time, 4 years ago i owned HE1000se and my very favorite HE1000v2. It's trebley and It make my ears and mind smile, i'm quite discovering lastly with the stock pure crystalline silver + copper cable, It has nice warm very warm but yet shrilling highs, authentic sound delivery.
As i said i might hold It i payed just 1209$+ shipping, HE-R10D Dynamic driver headphone really can't hold a candle and maybe even LCD-XC can't that much at the level, this is esquisite.
The treble on HE1000 Stealth don't have peaks very smooth and that's why i wanna upgrade my DAC as i would like It even warmer and smoother as this headphone pairs well with warm source.
I can even hear Qobuz Is a lot Better then Tidal in sound quality that Is mid-centric. It let's you upgrade. The HE1000 Is real nice then i will see how much nice will be HE1000se, in a future.

Oct 10, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #3,744 of 3,817
The only something else Is Hifiman Arya Organic, which Is an option but really i should side-grade/downgrade as shipping ensured costs 100€? Treble level on HE1000 Is superb with a good source and should be a Little bit Better then Arya Organic as some reviews Say but, yeah i can't try It if i hold HE1000 Stealth..

And Finally i'm Happy owning and listening to a headphone to quote a long time, 4 years ago i owned HE1000se and my very favorite HE1000v2. It's trebley and It make my ears and mind smile, i'm quite discovering lastly with the stock pure crystalline silver + copper cable, It has nice warm very warm but yet shrilling highs, authentic sound delivery.
As i said i might hold It i payed just 1209$+ shipping, HE-R10D Dynamic driver headphone really can't hold a candle and maybe even LCD-XC can't that much at the level, this is esquisite.
The treble on HE1000 Stealth don't have peaks very smooth and that's why i wanna upgrade my DAC as i would like It even warmer and smoother as this headphone pairs well with warm source.
I can even hear Qobuz Is a lot Better then Tidal in sound quality that Is mid-centric. It let's you upgrade. The HE1000 Is real nice then i will see how much nice will be HE1000se, in a future.
Interesting you say that about a warmer DAC. I was thinking the same so I have a Metrum Onyx on its way. I'm currently using the DAC inside my Questyle.

Oct 15, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #3,745 of 3,817
HEK1000 Stealth + DX220MAX = Great synergy

220.jpg

Oct 15, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #3,746 of 3,817
HE1000 Stealth sounding FANTASTIC with the GSX Mini.
IMG_20231014_074311337_HDR.jpg

Oct 17, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #3,747 of 3,817
If anyone interested, i put HE1000 Stealth 1 month used purchased by Hifiman with extra Balanced cable at Just 1049€+ half shipping :)

Oct 18, 2023 at 6:47 PM Post #3,748 of 3,817

Pros:
-mid centric tonality
-gigantic headroom
-deep thumpy warm bass
-end game female vocal
-great construction

Cons:
-not end game imaging
-underwhelming packaging
-so so cables

1696945190682.png

I didn't see a pad comparison but do you know what the differences are between the V1 and the V3 pads? I've been trying to replace my V1 pads that are falling apart and while there are decent aftermarket options I think the sound would change too much for my liking. It doesn't look like Hifiman has separate pads labeled specifically for the stealth model so I suspect they're using the V2/SE pads.

Nov 1, 2023 at 3:31 AM Post #3,749 of 3,817
HE1000 Stealth owners
Has anyone else not received anything like warranty paper or manual?

Im talking about HE1000 Stealth.

Theres was nothing in my box when I unboxed the brand new pair of HE1000 Stealth

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 3:46 AM Post #3,750 of 3,817
HE1000 Stealth owners
Has anyone else not received anything like warranty paper or manual?

Im talking about HE1000 Stealth.

Theres was nothing in my box when I unboxed the brand new pair of HE1000 Stealth
You got to check with Hifiman customer service via mail, on the cable box you can register the code to have extended +3 month warranty, anyway if you purchased new you're good on their site with 2-3 years warranty, other sites May depend. Warranty Is not transferrable for used pairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back