Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread
Nov 21, 2023 at 2:35 AM Post #3,766 of 3,817
Nov 21, 2023 at 3:59 AM Post #3,768 of 3,817
Hi! I just got delivered a new HEK Stealth yesterday.
I have a few questions that I hope you guys can help me with.

1). How long do you have to burn them in for?
2). I feel like the pads are a bit stiff. Do you have any suggestions for a softer pad with a bit more body?
The pads are not at Arya V2 quality. It feels cheaper than Arya V2. Everything about it.

It stays stiff and against all ergonomic comfort Arya was.

Arya V2 felt like it was twice as expensive

Nov 21, 2023 at 9:47 PM Post #3,769 of 3,817
Hi! I just got delivered a new HEK Stealth yesterday.
I have a few questions that I hope you guys can help me with.

1). How long do you have to burn them in for?
2). I feel like the pads are a bit stiff. Do you have any suggestions for a softer pad with a bit more body?
Dekoni hybrid or velour. They also bring down the treble a touch which is nice.

Nov 22, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #3,770 of 3,817
The pads are not at Arya V2 quality. It feels cheaper than Arya V2. Everything about it.

It stays stiff and against all ergonomic comfort Arya was.

Arya V2 felt like it was twice as expensive

How does it sound tho? My Arya V2 left driver died last weekend. I was thinking of getting an HEK Stealth or HEKse, sad to hear the HEK Stealth feels cheaper then the Arya V2.

Nov 22, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #3,771 of 3,817
How does it sound tho? My Arya V2 left driver died last weekend. I was thinking of getting an HEK Stealth or HEKse, sad to hear the HEK Stealth feels cheaper then the Arya V2.
Its better than Arya V2 for sure. Worth the money.

But pads are very cheap compared to Arya V2.

Nov 22, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #3,772 of 3,817
Its better than Arya V2 for sure. Worth the money.

But pads are very cheap compared to Arya V2.

Nice to hear. I have spent way more time with my HD800 and LCD-2/Classic over the last 6 months vs the Arya anyway. I'm on the fence if I want to get the 1000 Stealth or 1000se I can't make up my mind.

Nov 22, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #3,773 of 3,817
The stealth do have hard pads, and to me it had pearcing treble. The he1000se was better to me. But it’s also bright for my ears. But it has lovely huge stage and air

Nov 22, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #3,774 of 3,817
Nice to hear. I have spent way more time with my HD800 and LCD-2/Classic over the last 6 months vs the Arya anyway. I'm on the fence if I want to get the 1000 Stealth or 1000se I can't make up my mind.
This is what I gathered after reading all the impressions.

HE1000SE - better resolution, better imaging, layering and sounstage depth, slight flatter frequency response (comapred to stealth)
HE1000 Stealth - slight elevated bass and treble (V shape), more macrodynamic impact, slightly wider sounstage, more "fun" sounding of the 2.

Nov 22, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #3,775 of 3,817
The problem with treble and high frequencies never was a problem for me on R2R.

That problem is more evident for delta sigma owners, which I also agree on. All Hifimans sound thin and treble piercing with these types of dacs(also very dry) yes :)

I enjoy Hifiman on my Audio-gd which sound full bodied and warm(darker) it is addicting.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #3,776 of 3,817
This is what I gathered after reading all the impressions.

HE1000SE - better resolution, better imaging, layering and sounstage depth, slight flatter frequency response (comapred to stealth)
HE1000 Stealth - slight elevated bass and treble (V shape), more macrodynamic impact, slightly wider sounstage, more "fun" sounding of the 2.

Yeah I've found the same. Someone else said that if you find something on the se, its also there on the Stealth just not as pronounced. Either way it sounds like its not a huge difference.

I use Equalizer APO on all my headphones these days, I wonder if its just a matter of EQ at the end of the day.

When I got into the hobby the HD650 was seen as a clear upgrade to the 580/600 in everyway with a better driver. These days the 600/580 has plenty of fans and see them as equal if not better.

Nov 22, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #3,777 of 3,817
Yeah I've found the same. Someone else said that if you find something on the se, its also there on the Stealth just not as pronounced. Either way it sounds like its not a huge difference.

I use Equalizer APO on all my headphones these days, I wonder if its just a matter of EQ at the end of the day.
I agree that SE can be made to sound a bit like the Stealth with EQ, but things like imaging, layering and sounstage depth the Stealth may not be able to match the SE in my humble opinion, either way it will not be a big difference.

When I got into the hobby the HD650 was seen as a clear upgrade to the 580/600 in everyway with a better driver. These days the 600/580 has plenty of fans and see them as equal if not better.

Yup, I also have the HD6xx (same as HD650) and recetly purchased the HD-600 after seeing all the hype, it is true that HD600 has better resolution, but I still slightly prefer the HD6xx for its warmer nature and slight more bass emphasis, it suites my chain well and the full bodied sound it gives to rock / metal.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #3,778 of 3,817
With the advent of edition xs, and now, Arya organic, id be willing to bet there is a new hek in the works. I really hope they trickle down the same kind of tuning that those 2 got (pretty much hek v1 tuning really). A hek v1 with the technical capabilities and stage presentation of susvara would be absolute end game.

Nov 22, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #3,779 of 3,817
Wishful thinking :) I hope Hifiman should do something like this.

1. Keep the Susvara at the top of Hifiman lineup (in planar category), zero compromise, improve further if the technology permits, no bar on power requiremnt, the way it is currently now.

2. Bring a scaled down version of the Susvara tech in the HE1000 series or a new model altogether which is a bigger upgrade to HE1000SE and more closer to current Susvara but relatively easier to drive, i.e. power rquirement in the ballpark of HE1000 V2 (OG) or slightly more, particular attention should be given to the midrange freqencies which many feels HE1000SE lacks a bit compared to Susvara.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #3,780 of 3,817
Wishful thinking :) I hope Hifiman should do something like this.

1. Keep the Susvara at the top of Hifiman lineup (in planar category), zero compromise, improve further if the technology permits, no bar on power requiremnt, the way it is currently now.

2. Bring a scaled down version of the Susvara tech in the HE1000 series or a new model altogether which is a bigger upgrade to HE1000SE and more closer to current Susvara but relatively easier to drive, i.e. power rquirement in the ballpark of HE1000 V2 (OG) or slightly more, particular attention should be given to the midrange freqencies which many feels HE1000SE lacks a bit compared to Susvara.
as amazing as sus is, with its one of a kind stage and fantastic detail, i think it has room to grow, namely in the tuning department. I think a sus v2, or a new halo hek would be a pretty solid upgrade over current sus, if it kept all the amazing technical and stage characteristics but got the godly hek v1 tuning.
Ive actually got to test both sus and hek v1 extensively on a couple of chains, and personally, hek v1 is my current winner for best headphone ive ever heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back