Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread
Nov 25, 2023 at 5:46 AM Post #3,796 of 3,817
I don't think we have a local Hifiman dealer here. There is a stereo store in my city that sells Grado, Focal, and Audeze tho.
It is good as you have the RME ADI-2. It has atleast a EQ that is better than the built-in in the music players in general.

You know RME released software so you don´t have to use the device when EQ?
https://www.rme-audio.de/software.html

RME ADI-2 is going to be a discovery of atmospheric informations for you when you hear the high notes. Be prepared HEK is no joke. I have not heard a DAC with crystal clean high notes as the RME. However the lowend/RME needs a little tightening. You can match and tweak the internal EQ to a success Im sure.

- - -

EDIT: Be careful with reviews. I find the HEK a class over the Arya V2. Arya V2 was better for gaming, but HEK is more music and whole, a lot more collected soundstage, no empty spaces.

I would personally not choose a Organic if I had an Arya. What if It is going to remind you of Arya and make you regret you did not choose HEK?

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #3,797 of 3,817
Nothing better than sitting comparing these two headphones and noticing the difference.

HEK is definitly a step in the right direction. I remember buying Susvara after I had Arya V2 for a long time.

Susvara is endgame in the sense that you choose it later after learning Sundara, Arya and HEK and more other headphones. It took me over 6months to start learning how Susvara sounded. I had to forget the sound of Arya V2 before I could appreciate the value of Susvara.

To someone like me Susvara will not feel like an upgrade at first. However it may to somebody who have had many headphones before the upgrade.

Is the difference of price worth it? - When you learn how Susvara sounds different from the previous headphones, that will tell you if it is worth the money.

For me now that I hear the difference I can easily say Susvara makes it worth it.

The more headphones before Susvara, the better the value you should hear from it. HEK is a heck of a good step on the path...but I would still own the HE400SE before even upgrading to Arya and HEK.

-

I don´t know how they managed to tune Susvara like this, but it is the only headphone that makes soundstage wider as the volumes go up. It just keeps going.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #3,798 of 3,817
It is good as you have the RME ADI-2. It has atleast a EQ that is better than the built-in in the music players in general.

RME ADI-2 is going to be a discovery of atmospheric informations for you when you hear the high notes. Be prepared HEK is no joke. I have not heard a DAC with crystal clean high notes as the RME. However the lowend/RME needs a little tightening. You can match and tweak the internal EQ to a success Im sure.

- - -

EDIT: Be careful with reviews. I find the HEK a class over the Arya V2. Arya V2 was better for gaming, but HEK is more music and whole, a lot more collected soundstage, no empty spaces.

I would personally not choose a Organic if I had an Arya. What if It is going to remind you of Arya and make you regret you did not choose HEK?
I use Equalizer APO to control EQ, then I have some presets on the RME for special cases. The RME is great but Equalizer APO offers an order of magnitude more control.

Nov 25, 2023 at 7:44 AM Post #3,799 of 3,817
I use Equalizer APO to control EQ, then I have some presets on the RME for special cases. The RME is great but Equalizer APO offers an order of magnitude more control.
Then I would recommend buying the HE400SE and tweak it with EQ. This headphones definitly inspired the Susvaras signature. With EQ it replaced my Arya V2 to my liking.

I have bad experience with Equalizer Pro. I like taking this process away from the CPU and utilize it on DSP(RME or UAD) instead. It feels uncompromised. The reason Im using a DSP card also.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #3,800 of 3,817
I asked if Hifiman could cut me a discount on an HE1000 since my Arya died and they offered up an Arya Organic at a huge discount, tried to follow the instructions they sent me but the price it tried to charge me didn't match the email. Weird.

I love doing customer service to China. They are only doing business at 3-4 am my timezone it seems.

Nov 27, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #3,801 of 3,817
It’s a shame they only answer once a day. Been like this every time i emailed them for several years. Guess they won’t up the CS availability 🤷‍♂️

Nov 27, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #3,802 of 3,817
It’s a shame they only answer once a day. Been like this every time i emailed them for several years. Guess they won’t up the CS availability 🤷‍♂️

Apparently I am talking to "Linda" and "Bob".....lol.

I paid the amount they gave me + shipping, I think they made a typo.

Nov 30, 2023 at 1:36 AM Post #3,803 of 3,817
Now that I've sharpened my critical listening skills up a bit, I wrote up impressions of the HE1000 V2 with comparisons to the HD800S:

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/un8rfh/he1000v2_impressions/i86crsz/

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones...mic_soundstage_godzilla_vs_planar_soundstage/

To summarize, the HE1000 V2 is an upgrade over the stock HD800S overall if you're looking for a wide, detailed presentation, although EQ brings the HD800S up nearly to par. In terms of tonality/technicality ratings, I'd give the stock HEK an S/S-, the stock HD800S a B/A+, and the EQ'ed HD800S another S/S-.

However, the planar needs to be worn at an annoyingly specific position to avoid flushing timbre, imaging, and slam down the toilet, which I speculate is why people have so many differing impressions of it.
I see I'm not the only one who noticed you have to wear the HE-1000v2's at a specific position to get the best out of them. What I hate about that is that mine never stay in that position long. I'm constantly readjusting them to try to keep them in the same position. Minor movements change the soundscape magic the headphones deliver.

Dec 10, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #3,805 of 3,817
I hate and love this headphone at the same time. The reason for loving it it can be tuned into a better/perfected sound than HE400SE.

But the damn speed. It is too fast! it is unforgivingly correct!, its about details, levels and elements, not music like the HE400SE

1702235340188.png

The lowend is actually around perfect! however the tops needs care to make it sound warm/thick like the HE400SE

This headphone is perfect for sound engineers if they know how to tune it to the DAW sound device. Just needs to tame the high frequencies for that matter.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2023 at 1:44 AM Post #3,806 of 3,817
Now that I've sharpened my critical listening skills up a bit, I wrote up impressions of the HE1000 V2 with comparisons to the HD800S:

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/un8rfh/he1000v2_impressions/i86crsz/

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones...mic_soundstage_godzilla_vs_planar_soundstage/

To summarize, the HE1000 V2 is an upgrade over the stock HD800S overall if you're looking for a wide, detailed presentation, although EQ brings the HD800S up nearly to par. In terms of tonality/technicality ratings, I'd give the stock HEK an S/S-, the stock HD800S a B/A+, and the EQ'ed HD800S another S/S-.

However, the planar needs to be worn at an annoyingly specific position to avoid flushing timbre, imaging, and slam down the toilet, which I speculate is why people have so many differing impressions of it.
Can you explain the "worn at an annoyingly specific position"
What position exactly do you mean?

Apr 9, 2024 at 3:24 AM Post #3,808 of 3,817
Is the HE1000 Stealth still the newest version? I see people talking about the HE1000v2 Stealth, but I'm not sure if that's the same headphone or what. Hifiman and their naming schemes man lol

Apr 9, 2024 at 3:26 AM Post #3,809 of 3,817
Is the HE1000 Stealth still the newest version? I see people talking about the HE1000v2 Stealth, but I'm not sure if that's the same headphone or what. Hifiman and their naming schemes man lol
A retailer sees the model HE1000 Stealth when they order, as HE1000V2 Stealth.

There is only one stealth model

Apr 9, 2024 at 3:59 AM Post #3,810 of 3,817

- - -

I'm interested in HEK Stealth and i owned It, but why Arya over It for gaming?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back