Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread
Nov 1, 2023 at 6:00 AM Post #3,751 of 3,817
HE1000 Stealth owners
Has anyone else not received anything like warranty paper or manual?

Im talking about HE1000 Stealth.

Theres was nothing in my box when I unboxed the brand new pair of HE1000 Stealth
I didn't get any warranty papers either. Bought it at a local retailer.

Nov 1, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #3,752 of 3,817
HE1000 Stealth owners
Has anyone else not received anything like warranty paper or manual?

Im talking about HE1000 Stealth.

Theres was nothing in my box when I unboxed the brand new pair of HE1000 Stealth
Don’t think I got it either. The box was pretty basic and cardboard if I remember correctly. How do you like the stealth?

Nov 1, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #3,753 of 3,817
Don’t think I got it either. The box was pretty basic and cardboard if I remember correctly. How do you like the stealth?
They are great, but Im selling them 😅

They are too fast and half for my taste

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #3,754 of 3,817
@Roybenz Let me rephrase: I find these headphones better on music with slower pace. They don´t work for me on fast pace music, the emotions dissapear in the music.

They are too fast responding, and almost make the music "skip" a beat. It feels like they are playing the music before the source, that fast! - weird explaination yeah.

There is a weird synergy with R2R, which I like about them on certain tracks. Im glad they did not cost much more than Arya V2. They do feel a little better than Arya V2, which have big gaps(even more halfassed) in the soundstage, HEK does fix it and have a more whole body, but they are just too fast responding.

I may have a problem with my amp being too powerful for the HEK (15W/25Ohm)...HE400SE is more hungry(like Arya V2 hungry) and have a much better responds and feels slower responding than the source which I like.

Does anybody know if they settle tempo wise?

---

I just tested HE400SE they are gold!...such a sweet tempo responds vs HEK and Aryas. Whole notes, not as halfassed. HE400SE is best headphone money can buy imo. Not as detailed as HEK, but much more emotions, goosebumps.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #3,755 of 3,817
@Roybenz Let me rephrase: I find these headphones better on music with slower pace. They don´t work for me on fast pace music, the emotions dissapear in the music.

They are too fast responding, and almost make the music "skip" a beat. It feels like they are playing the music before the source, that fast! - weird explaination yeah.

There is a weird synergy with R2R, which I like about them on certain tracks. Im glad they did not cost much more than Arya V2. They do feel a little better than Arya V2, which have big gaps(even more halfassed) in the soundstage, HEK does fix it and have a more whole body, but they are just too fast responding.

I may have a problem with my amp being too powerful for the HEK (15W/25Ohm)...HE400SE is more hungry and have a much better responds and feels slower responding than the source which I like.

---

I just tested HE400SE they are gold!...such a sweet tempo responds vs HEK and Aryas. Whole notes, not as halfassed. HE400SE is best headphone money can buy imo. Not as detailed as HEK, but much more emotions, goosebumps.
Ummm... Funny how we all hear differently.

Nov 9, 2023 at 4:16 AM Post #3,756 of 3,817
Nov 10, 2023 at 6:50 AM Post #3,757 of 3,817
Must admit I was a bit unsure if the HE1000 Stealth was worth the price, the first few weeks I had them. The Sundara where already great at a much lower price. But boy has they grown on me since then 😍
I am so happy with my choice, even after comparing then to more high end headphones. They keep amazing me, no matter what music I throw at them, to me they are awesome all-around'ers.
I'm so grateful that I had the opportunity to buy them 🤘

Nov 10, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #3,758 of 3,817
Must admit I was a bit unsure if the HE1000 Stealth was worth the price, the first few weeks I had them. The Sundara where already great at a much lower price. But boy has they grown on me since then 😍
I am so happy with my choice, even after comparing then to more high end headphones. They keep amazing me, no matter what music I throw at them, to me they are awesome all-around'ers.
They are a fantastic headphone and IMO come pretty close to the Susvara. What they surpass the Susvara in is air, soundstage, impact and "sparkle.'
Having owned the Susvara twice, I will say that it is so coherent and seamless and doesn't exaggerate anything that it at times becomes boring. Sometimes I want a little more spice and I want to have a little more fun and the HEK V2 Stealth gives me that in spades.

I got a brand new for $1,400 and I immediately thought this is one of the best values I've ever come across. Now it can be had for $1,200 new and I think that is an absolute no brainer.

Nov 10, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #3,759 of 3,817
They are a fantastic headphone and IMO come pretty close to the Susvara. What they surpass the Susvara in is air, soundstage, impact and "sparkle.'
Having owned the Susvara twice, I will say that it is so coherent and seamless and doesn't exaggerate anything that it at times becomes boring. Sometimes I want a little more spice and I want to have a little more fun and the HEK V2 Stealth gives me that in spades.

I got a brand new for $1,400 and I immediately thought this is one of the best values I've ever come across. Now it can be had for $1,200 new and I think that is an absolute no brainer.
It's not the first time I hear that the HE1000 isn't too far from the Susvara, that is pretty crazy considering the price difference. I hope to get to hear Susvara some day, but I don't think I'll ever buy it, as it's around $7200US here :/ But it's okay, I'm fully content with what I have.
Should I consider another TOTL headphone, I would want something very different, instead of something similar to what I already have.

Anyway, I appreciate your thoughts and comparison, it's great to hear other peoples experiences 👍

Nov 10, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #3,760 of 3,817
Interesting Susvara vs HE1000S....

How much burn-in does the HE1000S neeed? - I will try comparison.

I find it a very capable headphone, it still too fast vs Susvara which is laidback and every details are served with ease. That is why the HE400SE actually reminds me of Susvara

___

Just compared them Im seriously proud that I can hear the difference. They have the same amount of warmth, but don´t get fooled by that. HE1000S is too fast and does not deliver all the elements with ease = slower.

The difference is not only the headphone but how you feed them. I have two DACs. Susvara is too good for my R1N and make it sound like a toy, but HE1000S sounds better than Susvara on that dac(Audio-gd R-1 NOS)

But when it comes to R8HEmk2 HE1000S can not follow the Susvara at all.

---

Consider other things when comparing them against each other. You might have a better pairing for the HE1000S. That does not mean they are close just because they use the same DAC. They are apples and oranges to me.

___

Im just saying this so people arent getting mislead into believing that nonsense

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 7:47 PM Post #3,761 of 3,817
Yep, I tried lots of high end stuff at canjam dallas and my he-1000 stealth are really close, like 95 percent there. That's oustanding.

Nov 20, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #3,762 of 3,817

I may have a problem with my amp being too powerful for the HEK (15W/25Ohm)...HE400SE is more hungry(like Arya V2 hungry) and have a much better responds and feels slower responding than the source which I like.

---

Having both the stealth version and the v1, the Stealth is taking away some of the romantic mellow sound of the original version, for a much more dynamic, less wide stage.

The slight softness and the gigantic soundstage of the OG is what makes the He1000 very unique to my ears. The Stealth could be any other high end (Very very good) can in comparison, for me it lacks personality. Each time i put back my v1 on my head, the wider wall of sound gives me a feeling of a geater sense of naturalness. I don't miss much the geater punch of the Stealth.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #3,763 of 3,817
Having both the stealth version and the v1, the Stealth is taking away some of the romantic mellow sound of the original version, for a much more dynamic, less wide stage.

The slight softness and the gigantic soundstage of the OG is what makes the He1000 very unique to my ears. The Stealth could be any other high end (Very very good) can in comparison, for me it lacks personality. Each time i put back my v1 on my head, the wider wall of sound gives me a feeling of a geater sense of naturalness. I don't miss much the geater punch of the Stealth.
Wow...

Nov 21, 2023 at 1:09 AM Post #3,765 of 3,817
Hi! I just got delivered a new HEK Stealth yesterday.
I have a few questions that I hope you guys can help me with.

1). How long do you have to burn them in for?
2). I feel like the pads are a bit stiff. Do you have any suggestions for a softer pad with a bit more body?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back