Official HF-2 Serial Number List
Sep 25, 2009 at 10:53 AM Post #406 of 657
Thank you to Todd for passing along the following update:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HI All,

I just got an update from Grado Labs - The HF-2 still has not shipped but is scheduled to ship any day now to us. I apologize for the delays and we will do everything we can to get them out to you as soon as they arrive here. As stated before all of the current orders will be filled by with this shipment and there may even be a few left over.

I will post how to order any extra HF-2 headphones that are available as soon as we know how many we will have. Please do not call me to try to order them until I set the rules to get the extras. It will be posted here and I will set a time and date for the ordering.

Never fear - the HF-2 shipment is near...

Todd

Sep 30, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #408 of 657
HI All,

44 more are shipping today and 56 will ship out on Friday. This will fill all of the orders we currently have and there should be a few left over due to cancellations. I will post how to order the left overs as soon as we know how many there will be. Please do not call to try to order as we will not accept any orderes until we make it fair and post how to order here and at the TTVJ forum here at Head-Fi

Oct 1, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #410 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HI All,

44 more are shipping today and 56 will ship out on Friday. This will fill all of the orders we currently have and there should be a few left over due to cancellations. I will post how to order the left overs as soon as we know how many there will be. Please do not call to try to order as we will not accept any orderes until we make it fair and post how to order here and at the TTVJ forum here at Head-Fi

Thanks for the update, Todd.

The Chungster and many more head-fiers are going to be very happy!!

Oct 1, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #411 of 657
Hell yeah I am!
smily_headphones1.gif
Can't wait till they ship, just hoping there won't be any more delays.

Oct 1, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #412 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hell yeah I am!
smily_headphones1.gif
Can't wait till they ship, just hoping there won't be any more delays.

icon10.gif

Let us know when you get the ship notice, Chungster!

beerchug.gif

Oct 1, 2009 at 9:23 AM Post #414 of 657
WOW - THAT is great news! Finally I can justify to my wife that I bought one more pair of headphones. The HF-2 has really proved to be a great investment
smile.gif

It will be much easier next time...

Oct 5, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #415 of 657
#446 in da house!

Well, actually in the office.

Just got them a few minutes ago. Walked around with the box and looked for some co-workers to share my excitement, but they're all out to lunch.

The box from Todd was so light I wondered if anything was even in there. Opened it, expecting the worst (gauges, smears, etcetera) and was pleasantly surprised to find it looks pretty much brand new. And I'm really surprised I got the number I did. I expected it to be way closer to the 500 mark, as I ordered late and was on the waiting list.

And yes, the cable is short...and thick! But the length is perfect for my office setup. For home use, I figure I'll have to add the Grado extension.

Out the box, I'm enjoying the sound very much. I don't have anything familiar, but John Patitucci sure does sound really, really good. I had been listening to only the RS-1's at the office for a long time, mostly because they sound so fantastic but, once I found out I'd be getting a HF2, I wanted to be intimately familiar with its sound so I could compare the two.

But, I ended up swapping out with the 701's a few weeks back so I'll now have to listen to HF2 for a few weeks, then compare it with the RS-1 to hear the differences.

I get a sense, though, that the RS1's are a bit more airy, with slightly more emphasis in the higher frequencies than the HF2. This is just from auditory memory, though, which is another way of saying I might be talkin' out my butt.

I am definitely glad I got a pair. I'm thinking these are a keeper!

Cheers.

Oct 5, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #417 of 657
Thanks for posting the s/n list.
i did mine weeks ago, but now i wonder what is the reason for listing s/n with IDs?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back