Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread
Feb 28, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #392 of 9,691
Mar 1, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #394 of 9,691
Yeah I got this to work but it was a bit of a pain. When the pop in window told me they don't provide service to USA and asked for my email address, I just clicked off to the side and made it go away and pasted the code into the box asking for one. Then I had to sign up and install a french downloader program similar to the one from Amazon.

Just noticed there is a link to download without the downloader which allows you to download a zip or individual files.

Mar 1, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #396 of 9,691
  http://noisetrade.com/duologue/song-dance

Hey guys, stumbled on this gem while listening through spotify. These guys are something special. Vibes of experimental/indie/electronica/rock. Though cant find em in FLAC format :frowning2: 

Thanks! Even though that is not in flac, I'm glad that you were a bad boy/girl and posted it, because even though I'm only a few songs through that album, I am indeed enjoying it very much! :)

Edit: holy smokes, just hit that "Cut and Run" track. Very cool.

Mar 3, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #397 of 9,691

Man, you always know how to find the good stuff on bandcamp! I love these types of ambient soundscapes, makes you forget for a minute that you're on this blue sphere called Earth :)

Downloading now!
Thanks for the tip.

Mar 3, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #398 of 9,691
I do not understand why it is sooooo important to get downloads for free?
After all these prices are pretty low too at Bandcamp.
After all these guys have worked hard to create the music we enjoy.
Being a musician is a job not a hobby.

Mar 3, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #399 of 9,691

World-wide distribution is free, as well. Try the old model on for size and see what it costs to reach 1/10000 of the audience.

Mar 3, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #400 of 9,691

We're not trying to scam the musicians here.
Most of these musicians are putting their music up for free as a means to promote themselves. One of the best examples being kevin macleod, whom is nearing monopoly on youtubers using his music. Now he's in a comfortable spree of commissions, and he still releases free "royalty free" music for the masses. Broke for Free also has exclusively free albums, not *pay what you want*, and he's getting a decent amount of exposure.

My main issue with *completely free* albums on bandcamp is that it generally prevents me from purchasing, and accessing it through my bandcamp app. Slight inconvenience.

This is also an important rule in this forum that you reminded us of: That the source of the download is from a legal source, and is not in any way violating any agreements the musician has made, as to how the music is distributed and acquired.

What annoys me more however, are people selling digital albums for $1 less than a physical copy with free delivery.

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #402 of 9,691

https://willdrivingwest.bandcamp.com/album/50-covers

50 [Covers] by Will Driving West. It's actually 31 covers. All acoustic, fun takes on popular songs, clever arrangements, very good recording quality. A great listen; just sucks you in. One of my personal favorites.

Mar 8, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #403 of 9,691

Users who are viewing this thread

Back