Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread
Sep 29, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #2,191 of 9,625
The title for this particular thread needs to be changed. It's really click bait. It implies free open Flac files when in fact the most I see are links for purchase of music from sites like band camp. I have no problem with donating to an artist and think the donations REQUIRED to download are dirt cheap they are not free. I don't object to the price just the clickbait title

Sep 29, 2017 at 8:03 AM Post #2,192 of 9,625
The title for this particular thread needs to be changed. It's really click bait. It implies free open Flac files when in fact the most I see are links for purchase of music from sites like band camp. I have no problem with donating to an artist and think the donations REQUIRED to download are dirt cheap they are not free. I don't object to the price just the clickbait title
This thread was not intended to be clickbait. Most of the albums are from Bandcamp, and are technically free since they are "Name Your Price" (NYP).
NYP albums can be downloaded for free, legally, by typing '0' in the box for the price you're willing to pay.

However, if you go further back in the posts, artists may have changed their mind on whether to offer albums as NYP or Free. For the most part, those albums were free or NYP when they were posted, and have a good chance of becoming nyp/free again later on.

Let us know if you have any other questions about this thread (or if you have found any good free FLAC albums :)

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #2,193 of 9,625
I have read that bandcamp makes free or NYP music cost $1 after a certain amount of downloads, maybe its true,

also its very easier to find indie flac music on bandcamp, than to find other free music that is legal and flac, I don't think this thread was made with bandcamp in mind

Sep 29, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #2,194 of 9,625
The original portion of the thread was not oriented around Bandcamp, but that is where the most free music can be found. When other sites come up with free offers, such as Archive.org or Music Direct, someone will usually post a link. Of course, Linn Records has their "12 Days of Linn" or some such, with a free track every day before Christmas. What molecule stated is true; after a while some of the links are associated with a fee. That is the beauty of NYP: a certain band is trying to get their music and name out there and, in essence, say, "Here is what we are all about - check it out on us (of course donations are appreciated)." Sometimes a known band will offer their music for free, like when Gorillaz had their complete discography back in '14.

And no, this thread is not clickbait, I have discovered, thanks to members like molecule, TJ Elite and many others (I do not mean to leave you out if not mentioned - thank you for your contribution!) a lot of diverse and really cool acts. Most of the time, I pay a donation and, if I like the band, find other musical offerings and pay whatever they are asking!

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #2,195 of 9,625
I have read that bandcamp makes free or NYP music cost $1 after a certain amount of downloads, maybe its true,
What happens is that each artist has a limited number of free DLs, but can replenish that pool by buying more, or waiting for the monthly refresh. If they sell a lot of albums they also get a lot more free DLs:
https://daily.bandcamp.com/2010/09/09/free-downloads-power-ups/

Sep 29, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #2,196 of 9,625
For me, Bandcamp as well as non-FLAC sites such as Soundcloud, Noisetrade and Toneden have been in-valuable sources of legally-free music. (Probably) unlike Funambulistic, I definitely cannot afford to buy albums at this stage in my life (I'm still rocking my budget-king Koss Pro DJ 100s, Fiio K1 + a used Z640 5.1 system I got for $15!).

I would say that >90% of the 414 GB of music I have right now is thanks to Bandcamp. If anything the hard drive industry should be funding them :p

I do look forward to a time when I can "pay what I'd like to pay" instead of what I have to due to crushing debt...

Sep 29, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #2,197 of 9,625
a4024913687_10.jpg

36 - Reunion / Deluge
http://3six.net/album/reunion-deluge

Oct 2, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #2,198 of 9,625

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #2,203 of 9,625

electro
no email required

Oct 11, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #2,204 of 9,625
Going in order of oldest to newest:

VERY NSFW as it is ~50% rap remixes. (bassiest of these 4)

Clean, but still bassy

Transitioning into "chill funk"

Fully into chill-funk mode

Genres: Wide variety, ranging from mainstream rap to experimental electronic psy dub. Beak Nasty's bio: "I spread the teachings of chill funk."
email required

Users who are viewing this thread

Back