official chicago meet july 31
Jul 18, 2004 at 3:43 PM Post #91 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by momerath
Hehe
wink.gif
We could, of course, see if there are any "open" networks in range of the bar's basement. I somewhat doubt it (being in a basement), but its a possibility. I'll bring my 802.11g ap/bridge/repeater along just in case
etysmile.gif

Edit: Is there a starbucks nearby? Alot (all?) of them have wifi, but I think you're supposed to pay for that.

no starbucks, but their is a airport.

their are alot of houses nearby and some of them have fairly young families, the chance of a open network is possible..
even if we would upload pics from the backyard of the bar would be cool...lol

Jul 18, 2004 at 10:04 PM Post #92 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by nismo96
The Detroit Symphony Orchestra?

No, deep space objects, people who buy or build 30-40 inch dobsonians costing 10's or 100's of thousands of dollars.

Jul 18, 2004 at 10:24 PM Post #93 of 159
I don't think it's necessary to have a webcam for the meet. It certainly has a certain cool factor but it won't be anymore revealing (unless Tuberoller walks by.... *SHUDDER*) than a digital camera since we'll be spending our time slowing working the room not putting on a song and dance routine. Plus, I doubt Jude would love to have a Head-fi webcam leaching off of some unsuspecting neighbor's bandwidth.

Jul 18, 2004 at 10:31 PM Post #94 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire
I don't think it's necessary to have a webcam for the meet. It certainly has a certain cool factor but it won't be anymore revealing (unless Tuberoller walks by.... *SHUDDER*) than a digital camera since we'll be spending our time slowing working the room not putting on a song and dance routine. Plus, I doubt Jude would love to have a Head-fi webcam leaching off of some unsuspecting neighbor's bandwidth.

lol well the song number ray and I were working on is out of the question....

lol
it was a thought, never said it was a good thought..
i said it to see if it sticked to the wall, but its slowing sliding down now..lol

Jul 19, 2004 at 2:22 AM Post #98 of 159
Am I the only one who is amused by the fact that the subject of webcasting/photographing this meet didn't come up until a nice 20 year old woman posted about pouring coffee for the group?
biggrin.gif
eek.gif
orphsmile.gif

Jul 19, 2004 at 2:24 AM Post #99 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiboy
Am I the only one who is amused by the fact that the subject of webcasting/photographing this meet didn't come up until a nice 20 year old woman posted about pouring coffee for the group?
biggrin.gif
eek.gif
orphsmile.gif

Well before that there was always the chance of TubeRoller getting nekkid and pogo sticking through the meet with his, oopsie, almost slipped...
biggrin.gif

Jul 19, 2004 at 2:41 AM Post #101 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
Well before that there was always the chance of TubeRoller getting nekkid and pogo sticking through the meet with his, oopsie, almost slipped...
biggrin.gif

Lemme see...low ceiling and kinda sorta slippery floor. Oh the horror! My eyes!!!
blink.gif

Jul 20, 2004 at 4:35 AM Post #103 of 159
Can you get around to posting a gear list? The meet is less than two weeks away, and i think prospective visitors are waiting to see exactly what's going to be there.

Also, any further ideas on the DIY workshop? anyone have an amp that has a problem with it that we could try and fix in front of everyone?

Jul 20, 2004 at 11:39 AM Post #104 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebonyks
Can you get around to posting a gear list? The meet is less than two weeks away, and i think prospective visitors are waiting to see exactly what's going to be there.

The gear list would be great
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Also, any further ideas on the DIY workshop? anyone have an amp that has a problem with it that we could try and fix in front of everyone?

Does upgrading my Headmaster count?
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Jul 20, 2004 at 11:46 AM Post #105 of 159
As for the webcam, while it may sound as a good idea, the logistics of getting required bandwidth if there is no broadband connection around that we could use are just too big. I do have a wireless card for t-mobile and could use my SIM card but the connection one usually gets is only really suitable for email etc. Leaching someone elses connection I think is out of a question. Besides, how many people would sit there and watch us listening to headphones? well we can always point it at the coffee station
biggrin.gif
I think pics will do just fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back