official chicago meet july 31
Jul 27, 2004 at 6:10 PM Post #121 of 159
I'm still planning on coming but I probably won't know for sure until the day of or the day before. If I do show, coming with me will be:

Sennheiser HD545
Ety 4P with adapter set to 4S
Koss SportaPro
modded Koss Plugs
Total Airhead (old 2AA style) amp
NEC CDR-602 FOTM player
biggrin.gif
(no DAC, somebody else can hook one up if they want)
maybe my iRiver IFP-180T

I'm sure I've forgotten something, so if I can make it, I'll just round up what I have
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 27, 2004 at 6:50 PM Post #122 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elec
I'm still planning on coming but I probably won't know for sure until the day of or the day before. If I do show, coming with me will be:

Sennheiser HD545
Ety 4P with adapter set to 4S
Koss SportaPro
modded Koss Plugs
Total Airhead (old 2AA style) amp
NEC CDR-602 FOTM player
biggrin.gif
(no DAC, somebody else can hook one up if they want)
maybe my iRiver IFP-180T

I'm sure I've forgotten something, so if I can make it, I'll just round up what I have
smily_headphones1.gif

yay yay please try your best to make it, im not foing it for nothing you know...lol

Jul 27, 2004 at 6:53 PM Post #124 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
omg I am getting nervous, is this normal?

Yes this is normal. But don't worry. When the Head-fi'er arrive, they'll just take over your place, and there will be nothing you can do about it
icon10.gif
That's when the fun begins.

Don't worry and just enjoy.

Jul 27, 2004 at 6:57 PM Post #125 of 159
hey guys I just got back from the lounge and I sarted cleaning it up.

I will be there thursday and most of friday night, you know to put the finishing touchs on her.

its going to be really cool to talk and see all of you guys/gals.
My personal home rig (nad542>Ray Samuels HR2>Grado ps1) Is looking forward to everyones ears, but I am really fighting with my 325's cause lately they have been jealous of the ps-1's but I see if I can talk them into going.

I have received the Jacklin floats today, lol these are the coolest things I ever seen in headphones...lol

the Wooaudio 3 will be here thursday so We got that to.

i will update the list later later tonight.

anything like dvd players or nintendo gamecube you guys want?
I know reynman you want a dvd player, does it matter what kind?

Jul 27, 2004 at 7:11 PM Post #126 of 159
Quote:

My relatively small, all-portable gear list will be as follows:

Sources:
iRiver iMP-350 SlimX PCDP

Sony D-NE300 PCDP
Headphones:
Grado SR-60, SR-225

Koss PortaPro

Sennheiser HD280, PX100

A mystery Sony closed headphone (model will not be revealed until when I arrive at the meet)
Amp:
Grado RA-1

Well, bhd812, the only closed Sony headphone besides the MDR-7506 that I currently have in my possession is a pair of the MDR-7509. And I will not have that "mystery" Sony closed headphone in time for the meet. So, the "mystery" Sony closed headphone will not make the meet.
frown.gif
(Though I may still bring either my 7506 or my 7509 to the meet.)

Instead, a pair of the Sony MDR-G74SL Street Style headphones (which have gotten somewhat positive impressions by a few of our British members here) will make the trip this time, along with a few additions:
Sennheiser HD555 headphones, Panasonic SL-MP77 PCDP and another Panasonic PCDP to be named before I depart for the meet.
Also, there is a detail on the Grados I'll be bringing to the meet that I forgot to mention:
One of my Grados will have the stock bowl pads on them, while the other will have TTVJ's flat pads on them.

Your bumbling Head-Fi Portable Audio Moderator,
Eagle_Driver

Jul 27, 2004 at 7:52 PM Post #127 of 159
I can bring my iRiver imp350 as well as my new Ety ER4Ss. If anyone wants, I can also bring the Alessando MS-1s. I won't be able to get there until probably noon or 1 pm.

My first meet! I'm looking forward to it (and also looking forward to hearing an amp that makes me want to part with more money)!

Jul 28, 2004 at 3:47 AM Post #128 of 159
My Vibe will be here thursday and will be going to the meet. My dAck was scheduled to ship monday, but I have no confirmation of that yet. Since Ack!Industries is in Evanston, I've indicated to Chris Own that if the dAck will be ready but wouldnt be shipped in time that I could pick it up on the way to the meet.

Jul 28, 2004 at 4:03 AM Post #129 of 159
As requested by ProParadox, I will be bringing Ety ER6 and Shure E5c but I don't have any disposable tips
frown.gif
I guess iPod or Sony D25s and Total AirHead would be useful as well.

Jul 28, 2004 at 4:55 PM Post #130 of 159
I am hoping to attend this meet, and if so I will have samples of the three shure earphones. I will also bring plenty of extra sleeves. If I can't make it I will try to contact Ray to get him a bag of sleeves to bring with him (he lives 2 miles from me).

Looking forward to it,
-Matt

Jul 28, 2004 at 5:20 PM Post #131 of 159
Hey Matt,

Good to hear from you again,I hope you can make it and look forward to seeing you.

Jul 28, 2004 at 7:10 PM Post #132 of 159
I just heard from Chris and my dAck has shipped. I should have it friday, so I may be listening to it for the first or second time at the meet
etysmile.gif

Edit: My girlfriend just called and my Vibe is waiting at home for me!
etysmile.gif
I think I feel sick; maybe I should go home early
wink.gif

Jul 28, 2004 at 8:03 PM Post #133 of 159
wow to momerath, how did you know I wanted to try out a ack dack?..lol
thank you

to chiboy, yes man bring those ms-1's and all with you, dont worry about coming at 1 I think the meet will go long that day.

eagledriver, can you please bring your 325's and your 225's? My 325's dont wanna come so ...lol

Sugarfried, yes you must come, I really have been thinking of the shure canals for my jacuzzi set up for the longest..but I never had a chance to try them out. you come to the meet man..I personaly make you a espresso..lol

Jul 28, 2004 at 10:07 PM Post #134 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
to chiboy, yes man bring those ms-1's and all with you, dont worry about coming at 1 I think the meet will go long that day.

Will do!

(so who's bringing a Gilmore Lite, an SR-71, and a Xin Super Dual for me to try with the new ER-4S?)

Jul 28, 2004 at 10:41 PM Post #135 of 159
I know that I've seen the K271s and DT250-80 mentioned in people's gear lists, bt I don't know if anyone is planning to actually bring them to the meet. May I make a humble request that you do include those cans in your gear bag for my benefit? Thanks very very much.

Sugarfried, that's mighty generous of you to offer the sleeves up to Had-Fiers. Thanks. I do hope to see you there and meet you though. I'd like to compare my e2 canalphones to the other models in the SHure line-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back