official chicago meet july 31
Jul 29, 2004 at 8:32 AM Post #136 of 159
It's looking like there is a possibility that I won't be able to make it...
frown.gif

I'm going to proceed as if I'll be there, but we'll have to see how things go in the next 24 hours.

Detroit Road Trip to Chicago

Jul 29, 2004 at 1:55 PM Post #137 of 159
nismo96, DT250-80 will be there
biggrin.gif

Jul 29, 2004 at 1:58 PM Post #138 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugarfried
I will have samples of the three shure earphones. I will also bring plenty of extra sleeves.

Hello Matt, thank you for bringing over the sleeves. By the way, your insisting I try the E5c's couple of meets back lead to my purchase
biggrin.gif

Jul 29, 2004 at 7:58 PM Post #139 of 159
My dAck has arrived a day ahead of schedule, so it will definately be going with me to the meet! I didn't go home early for my vibe yesterday, but I dont think I'll be able to maintain that level of restraint today
wink.gif

Edit: Well, I couldnt resist and I'm home now listening to my dAck! wow is all I can say right now!
etysmile.gif

The only negative thing is that the bnc cable I ordered with it didn't come, so I have to use my one bnc-to-rca connector on the dAck (which I obviously got with bnc) and use the rca out of my DIP. If anyone coming to the meet has a 75ohm cable with one or two bnc ends, it would be nice if you brought it so we can get maximum performance out of the little guy.

Jul 30, 2004 at 11:09 AM Post #141 of 159
Yaayyy,
The car is fixed and I'll be showing up to the meet
biggrin.gif

Toys I'll be bringing that you can you play with:
My new First Impression Music (FIM) Isolation platform
FIM Isolation pucks
A couple of FIM XRCD's
Audience Maestro interconnects (Bargain of the year IMO)
Cardas Neutral Reference interconnects
Cardas RCA & XLR caps
Cardas Headphone cables
Statmats
Sennheiser HD-650
and the big news......

Audience has reformulated the Auric Illuminator and it's really good! John at Audience has been good enough to send me the new fluid and pen just in time for this meet so that you will be the first to check out the new formula. I'm bringing 2 identical CD's that I have burned with various types of music. One will be treated with the Auric Illuminator and one will be plain. You will be able to quickly A-B the discs to see the Auric effect.
600smile.gif

See ya there
TR

Jul 30, 2004 at 7:12 PM Post #142 of 159
ok guys updated the best I could all the new gear has """ after it.
there will be more gear there not stated..lol I kind of got lost in the list somehow..lol lol

anyway here and the details,,,

Well after thinking about it and running some tests I have decided not to bring any stage lighting for the following reasons,

it would take me about 10 hours to setup, and about 5 to take down.
it would take me about 7-9 seperate trips using my small TT to load all the gear.
it would tak my attention away from the headphones and you all
it wouldnt really be to much fun for me, after all the listed above is done.
the fans and the motors on the lights create alot of room noise, and may hurt the a/c lines.
the ceiling is pretty low, so you would all would be blind.

I feel really weird not bringing lights but I think I can focus more on all of you and the gear this way...plus its a hell of alot easier to do it this way.

the coffee and food side is all done, all I have to do is bring the machine later tonight and thats it. I got 5lbs of espresso beans and 4 gallons of milk for the cappacinos and espresso's...so plan on walking out of the meet all caffine'd up..lol

the pizza deliver is set, and with the help of nismo96 (thanx man) we actually did the impossible by getting Dominicks grocery store to give me a small sponsor ship for the meet, now this is a very rare thing in the grocery store buis, but dominicks I guess is pretty cool....shop there all of you..lol

there are three tables setup for home, and two for portable. their is also a pool table so Maybe a big setup can go on there. there is also One table for pc's and such so bring them..lol

we have alot more room there so bring all you want...

[size=large]please if power is a issue then bring your own power strip, other then that we can use the genic one[/size]

anything i am forgetting? besides spell check..lol

I am excited we are going to have some much fun tomorrow, i cant wait to see all of you. we will talk and listen and eat and drink and...lol

Jul 30, 2004 at 8:15 PM Post #143 of 159
Wow believe it or not, I havent visited head-fi in a few months! I am looking forward to this meet...it looks like its gonna be HUGE!!

I will be there with my brother (the Quality Guru).

Regards,
Dan

Jul 31, 2004 at 2:40 AM Post #146 of 159
OK...it looks like tomorrow is a go!! We're driving down first thing in the morning!! Looking forward to seeing y'all!!

Jul 31, 2004 at 4:47 AM Post #147 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver
Well, bhd812, the only closed Sony headphone besides the MDR-7506 that I currently have in my possession is a pair of the MDR-7509. And I will not have that "mystery" Sony closed headphone in time for the meet. So, the "mystery" Sony closed headphone will not make the meet.
frown.gif
(Though I may still bring either my 7506 or my 7509 to the meet.)

Instead, a pair of the Sony MDR-G74SL Street Style headphones (which have gotten somewhat positive impressions by a few of our British members here) will make the trip this time, along with a few additions:
Sennheiser HD555 headphones, Panasonic SL-MP77 PCDP and another Panasonic PCDP to be named before I depart for the meet.
Also, there is a detail on the Grados I'll be bringing to the meet that I forgot to mention:
One of my Grados will have the stock bowl pads on them, while the other will have TTVJ's flat pads on them.

Your bumbling Head-Fi Portable Audio Moderator,
Eagle_Driver

The mystery Panasonic PCDP will not make the trip. However, the Panasonic SL-MP77 PCDP will. And four new additions - my Grado SR-325, Koss KSC-35 and my Sennheiser HD497 and HD555 will make the trip to the meet, along with both of my Sony closed headphones in my collection (MDR-7506 and MDR-7509). Thus, the mystery as to which closed Sony headphone will be revealed at the meet, has been already revealed in this post tonight.

Jul 31, 2004 at 5:12 AM Post #148 of 159
I'm gonna try real hard to make it. Probably won't get there till early or mid-afternoon, but I'm assuming that the 5pm end time is just a suggestion and people (who are not driving a bazillion miles from Detroit!) will be hanging out somewhat later than that.

edit: Also need to pick up some disposable foamies tomorrow so people can try out my Plugs and Etys.

Jul 31, 2004 at 5:38 AM Post #149 of 159
It looks like i'm not going to be able to make it (I was going to get a ride from fyrfytrhoges who can't make it either), have a fun time guys.

Edit: Elec, don't worry about those. The shure guys are going to be there with plenty of foamies, they work on both etymotic and shure phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back