official chicago meet july 31
Jul 21, 2004 at 8:32 PM Post #107 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
i have no sim card, no nothing...lol I dont use laptops much..

Actually SIM card stands for Subscriber Identity Module and its the little tini card used on GSM phone networks. Its inserted in the phones for T-mobile and other networks. The wireless network card I have is a regular PCMCIA GSM/GPRS card which requires a valid SIM card to be inserted in to it to connect to the phone network. You can purchase a separate dedicated data SIM card or use one from your phone (or hack the prepaid cards
biggrin.gif
). The connection speeds one gets at least on the Metra train are super slow. Reminds me of the long forgotten days of 2400bps modems and bulletin boards and all UNIX based Internet
biggrin.gif
those were the days....
cool.gif
then this think called world wide web came over and ruined all the fun
frown.gif

Jul 22, 2004 at 6:31 AM Post #109 of 159
ok the first list is up on the first post,

mind you that if you dont see your gear please p.m. asap

i have had alot of "i dont know" and "i am not sure" answers so I left them out until they can give me a p.m.

there will be alot more at the meet, this i am sure

and i will update the list as i get more info in...

any suggestions how i can make it better?

Jul 22, 2004 at 7:12 AM Post #110 of 159
My gear:

Amps:

Headroom Blockhead w/stepped attenuators

Headroom Max w/stepped attenuator

Meier Prehead

Wheatfield HA-2

Stax 007T amp

Sources:

Meridian G08

Musichall Maverick

Philips 963

Sony NC 555ES

Phones:

HD650 /Zu cable

HD600 Equinox cable

AKG K271s

Grado HP2

Beyer DT880

Stax OmegaII phones

I don't wanna lug all my gear so I'm leaving the portable stuff(SR-71,XP-7 etc),the Stealth because most of this will be duplicated anyway and I'm leaving the Fisher/K1000 combo just because it's too heavy.

Jul 23, 2004 at 10:59 AM Post #113 of 159
Toys I will bring:

Headphones
Grado HP1000 (HP2)
Grado RS1
Audio Technica W1000

Amps
Sugden Headmaster
Corda HA-2

Source
Philips 963SA

Other toys I can bring by request:

Headphone Inventory:
Grado SR-325, Audio Technica A500, AKG 501, Beyer 250-80, Shure E5C, Etymotic ER-6, Senn 600 + Red Clou, Senn MX400, Ultrasone HFI-650

Headphone Amp Inventory:
Creek OBH-11 SE, MG Head DT, HeadRoom Total AirHead

Source Inventory:
CD Players: NAD 521, Sony D25s x2, DACs: MSB Link DAC III with upsampling upgrade, iPod 3Gen 15GB

See you all there!

Jul 25, 2004 at 6:02 PM Post #117 of 159
Hi all,

As of now, I'm coming and bringing two folks in tow with me. If that number falls to one, it will just be me and I'll bring my family down for an overnight. Might end up being more by the time we take off, but I don't know for sure yet.

As for gear, let me know if you need anything specific, and I'll try to bring it down.

Jul 26, 2004 at 7:57 PM Post #118 of 159
I'm hoping to demo a few good amp options for my new ER4S phones. Is anyone bringing a Gilmore Lite or Xin Super Dual? I expect that there will be an SR-71 there since RS will be there.
etysmile.gif

Jul 27, 2004 at 3:21 PM Post #119 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiboy
I'm hoping to demo a few good amp options for my new ER4S phones. Is anyone bringing a Gilmore Lite or Xin Super Dual? I expect that there will be an SR-71 there since RS will be there.
etysmile.gif

I WOULD have bought my Gilmore lite, but headamp, in all their glory, couldn't seem to manage to get it to me on time.
rolleyes.gif
bastards.

On another note, I want to hear a pair of Senn 595's, and maybe a pair of E3's, if anyone has them...

I'll bring my 4th Gen iPod, and Canon Digital Rebel for some pics
icon10.gif

Jul 27, 2004 at 5:00 PM Post #120 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProParadox
I WOULD have bought my Gilmore lite, but headamp, in all their glory, couldn't seem to manage to get it to me on time.
rolleyes.gif
bastards.

On another note, I want to hear a pair of Senn 595's, and maybe a pair of E3's, if anyone has them...

I'll bring my 4th Gen iPod, and Canon Digital Rebel for some pics
icon10.gif

I'll have a PC there with a burner if you want to bring any necessary cables/software, that way you don't need to worry about using your memory cards sparingly, you can take all the shots you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back