official chicago meet july 31
Jul 17, 2004 at 3:30 AM Post #76 of 159
hello.
i'm kat. the starbucks girl that billy had mention before. i just wanted to say hi and that i know nothing about headphones but i hope that you guys will accept me anyways.
icon10.gif

see you guys there!

Jul 17, 2004 at 4:42 AM Post #77 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamikazedolls
hello.
i'm kat. the starbucks girl that billy had mention before. i just wanted to say hi and that i know nothing about headphones but i hope that you guys will accept me anyways.
icon10.gif

see you guys there!

I can not believe this...wow

thank you Kat, and either know your alittle nervous about the meet I KNOW you'll be great...thats why I asked you to do it.

the guys/gals on this board are amoung the topest of the top I have ever met in my day.

and may I give you the official headfi welcome...........

welcome to headfi Kat, sorry about your wallet.

I'll explain later....lol

Jul 17, 2004 at 7:40 PM Post #79 of 159
Billy,

It'd probably be easier to record a few smaller videos using a digital video camera. If you did set up a webcam it would be slow to refresh and would use up a lot of your bandwidth.

Jul 17, 2004 at 7:55 PM Post #80 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamikazedolls
hello.
icon10.gif

see you guys there!

Welcome, I won't be at the meet but I thought I'd chip in and say we're not really as strange as you probably think...
biggrin.gif

Jul 18, 2004 at 1:35 AM Post #82 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
can anyone set up a webcam, though the internet would have to be running wireless?????
that might be cool
any help?

If you have broadband in the bar upstairs with wireless router or access point, I have a wireless motorized toshiba web camera with a build in web server. Its running on 802.11b info Its been sitting in to box for about a year or more so it would be nice to actually use it once
biggrin.gif
I will bring along my digital camera and I can host the images on my servers. Video would be harder as I only pay for 1 megabit and I use about 75% of it.

Jul 18, 2004 at 2:23 AM Post #84 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire
Nope, we're worse!!

Although there are some exceptions 'round here...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 18, 2004 at 3:09 AM Post #85 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by dariusf
If you have broadband in the bar upstairs with wireless router or access point, I have a wireless motorized toshiba web camera with a build in web server. Its running on 802.11b info Its been sitting in to box for about a year or more so it would be nice to actually use it once
biggrin.gif
I will bring along my digital camera and I can host the images on my servers. Video would be harder as I only pay for 1 megabit and I use about 75% of it.

I've got an 802.11b router with Wireless access point. It's currently sitting idle since I've upgraded my network to 802.11g. We could use that. Lemme know if it's needed.

Jul 18, 2004 at 5:18 AM Post #87 of 159
well guys the bar has no kind of internet connection, the phone would be used for the business of course to..so thats out.

my buddy has a wireless card and he gets all the free high speed internet from his neighbors wireless, I thought maybe we can do it that way??

what do you think, plus it would be cool if some have a computer so we can have a little "computer headphone section" to.

even live updates at the least would be nice, sine that seems to be the norm around here.

and dont worry guys I dont think kat would be to scared, after all She knows me and thinks im strange but yet she still taks to me...lol

Jul 18, 2004 at 6:42 AM Post #88 of 159
I think having some sort of a webcam is a great idea, in case other members would like to check in on the meet and see what's going on. Streaming video is not terribly bandwidth friendly, but even stills that update every 30 seconds or minute would be interesting. Obviously you'd need to have internet on site or else an open wireless signal you have permission to use that makes it into the room to make this happen realtime.

I'm still not positive I'll be able to make it but it's looking pretty good so far. I have a desktop PC with wireless and an Audigy2 (oh boy!) that I could probably bring with me if absolutely needed.

Tell Kat to bring some of her favorite CDs with her. I seriously doubt she'll catch the headphone bug while at the meet, but there's no reason she can't spend a while listening to her favorite tunes on an Omega 2 or similar in über-fi
wink.gif

Jul 18, 2004 at 2:59 PM Post #90 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
my buddy has a wireless card and he gets all the free high speed internet from his neighbors wireless, I thought maybe we can do it that way??

Hehe
wink.gif
We could, of course, see if there are any "open" networks in range of the bar's basement. I somewhat doubt it (being in a basement), but its a possibility. I'll bring my 802.11g ap/bridge/repeater along just in case
etysmile.gif

Edit: Is there a starbucks nearby? Alot (all?) of them have wifi, but I think you're supposed to pay for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back