official chicago meet july 31
May 27, 2004 at 7:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 159

bhd812

Headphoneus Supremus
<<gearlist on bottom of this post>>

Its official

Day/time:
Saturday, July 31, 2004. Starts at 11am and ends at 5pm.
(actually we can stay as long as we want, they are open till 5am on saturday..lol)

place:
toc

Rules:
Anybody is invited, of course any age can come since the meeting is downstairs and private from the public, you can drink alcoholic drinks but you will have to go upstairs and order them from the bar. If you are under 21 you are asked not to hang around upstairs, My mom should be bartending upstairs anyway.

description of the hall:
ray seen the hall himself maybe he can give a good idea of what it looks like, (its hard for me to think of it cause I have been there since I was a baby)
but their are plenty of tables and chairs and there of course is plenty room to have the gear setup so that you can listen and listen and listen without distraction. there are plenty of outlets but they are probably only on 2 or 3 circuits....this shouldn't be a problem this is a bar downstairs, since there is no liquor stocked there we can setup on the bar if you want to .....lol my espresso maker will be behind the bar, of course their is a separate food table to (I will visit a pizza place I know the owner of to see if I can swing some free food for us). pop and soda I don't think will be a problem, and knowing my dad and how giving he is hell probably make the beers free to...lol but well see about that.
also the basement has air conditioning and will be plenty cold before you all arrive, there also is separate boys/girls bathrooms so if you want to really listen to a setup in private then just sit on a toilet....lol

is this a mini or a full blown meet?
I say we just see what's people want to do, I will bring in equipment or ask others if anyone wants to hear something, like I said before as long as three people show up I'm happy....

What I would really like in this meet:
the most important part is that everyone has the time and space to hear what they want,,,,,of course
we all have fun
we get a nice caffeine rush and then listen to the gear....lol j/k
Seriously I would love to sit down and talk with everyone about the DIY, as how to get into it how to start blah blah blah..

and please note that no one here has to be worried about the meeting in the basement of a lounge, its legal.. and safe.

so reply away.....go now reply....lol
any questions? feel free to ask, and of course any ideas feel free

thank you all

<<<<UPDATE: prelist JULY 22, 2004 1:02AM>>>>
This update will be updated until the mourning of july 31st which will then contain My cell number for any on the road help or info you may need.

PLEASE NOTE:::::::
I have had a lot of I don’t know replys, so if your gear is not on this list p.m. asap
Also this list is just a start of whats really going to be there.
The list will be updated as more comes in
I am expecting some other stuff to be brought in by myself, this will be added later

>>>>>UPDATE july 23 5:31AM<<<<<
OK I am updating the list, everything added today will have a "*" after it.

>>>>>>>>>UPDATE jULY 30 1:55PM<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
EVERYTHING ADDED WILL HAVE """ AFTER IT. THERE IS MORE NOT MENTIONED TO.

HEADPHONES

Stax:
OmegaII*

Grado:
ps-1
Hp-1
Rs-1
Hp-2
Sr-80
Sr-40
Sr-325
Sr-60
Sr-225
Sr-125

Audio Technica:
W1000

Koss:
Portapro
Portapro 2

Sennheiser:
PX100
PX200
HD280
HD650 /Zu cable*
HD600 Equinox cable*
HD650*

BEYER:
DT880*

AKG:
271s*

SONY:
Eagle driver is bringing a mystery closed headphone, The model will be known the day of the meet…lol
MDR-G74SL"""

Jacklin floats #1"""

Alessando MS-1"""

Ety
ER4Ss"""
ER6"""

shure
e5c"""

Breyer
DT250-80"""

HEADPHONE AMP’S

wOO audio III

Corda HA-2"""

Sugden Headmaster"""

ASL:
MG Head OTL Ver. 2*

Headroom:
Blockhead w/stepped attenuators*
Max w/stepped attenuator*

melos SHA-1*

Meier Prehead*

Wheatfield HA-2*

Stax 007T amp*

Grado RA-1

MINI META

RAY SAMUELS,
HR-2, SR-71, XP-7
(These are what other headfi’ers are bringing, plus Ray Samuels will be there also with his demo gear to)

EDDIE CURRENT,
HD300

XIN,
Super mini

SOURCE’S

NAD:
541 (modded)

IRIVER:
mp-350 slim X pcdp

SONY:
NE-300 pcdp
MZ-E710 pmdp
D-NE900 pcdp
CDP-XA1ES
NC 555ES*
scd 555ES*
D-ej2000 pcdp""""
D-ej715""" pcdp
D-ej925""" pcdp

MERIDIAN:
G08*

Musichall Maverick*

Philips 963*
Philips 963SA"""

Apple:
Ipod

Ackdack"""

plus todd R's setup will be there click here to see

May 27, 2004 at 8:57 PM Post #2 of 159
Ok,

I'm there and I should have all my gear in place by then. I'm sure you won't have too much of problem with attendance being that it's in a bar. I called to check the city oridances concerning attendance of this meet by minors and we are cool as long as the younger folks don't have to walk through the bar except to get to and from the meeting room. There can be no "dispensed alcoholic beverages" in the meeting area and all drinking has to take place in the bar area only. That's the law and I'm sure Billy's parents already know it well.

This should be a fun meet and maybe we can get some of the DIY guys who attended the last Milwaukee meet to attend.

May 27, 2004 at 9:17 PM Post #3 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuberoller
Ok,

I'm there and I should have all my gear in place by then. I'm sure you won't have too much of problem with attendance being that it's in a bar. I called to check the city oridances concerning attendance of this meet by minors and we are cool as long as the younger folks don't have to walk through the bar except to get to and from the meeting room. There can be no "dispensed alcoholic beverages" in the meeting area and all drinking has to take place in the bar area only. That's the law and I'm sure Billy's parents already know it well.

This should be a fun meet and maybe we can get some of the DIY guys who attended the last Milwaukee meet to attend.

yea I forgot to mention that in order to get downstairs ull have to walk in the front door of the bar and ask the bartender your there to see bhd812 and they will lead you downstairs.

thanx tube, and feel free to spread the word..lol

(and of course ill have a gear list in the weeks ahead)

I am fighting with my rs-1's now, they say they dont wanna go...but ill see if i can talk them into it.....lol
I should have my jacuzzi setup done by then and ill bring that.
i also should have some sr-80's and pp2's and maybe if i win the ebay auction ill have some koss pro 3aa's there to....im on a buying binge..lol

There should be a few snazzy jazzy things there to...lol hehehe

May 27, 2004 at 10:07 PM Post #4 of 159
As long as the intern program I'll be working at in Milwaukee doesn't have anything planned for us that weekend then you can count me in. I'm new to the headphones scene so I don't have much to bring to the table but I've been a music lover for a long time and enjoy hanging out with other music lovers and I can't ever pass up a chance to check out other people's way cool toys. Besides, it gives me an excuse to get over to Chicago and maybe watch the cubbies play Philadelphia the following day.

This summer is looking better every minute.

May 29, 2004 at 7:04 AM Post #6 of 159
I'm looking forward to the meet. I can't wait to hear more new gear.
rs1smile.gif

Jun 5, 2004 at 5:14 AM Post #8 of 159
I may make it to this meet. However, I will be carrying much less equipment than I did the previous three meets that I attended.

My equipment list for this meet will be (if I make it to the meet):
  1. Sources:
  2. iRiver iMP-350 SlimX PCDP
  3. Sony D-NE300 PCDP

Headphones:
  4. Grado SR-60 or SR-225
  5. Koss PortaPro
  6. Sennheiser PX100

Amp:
  7. Grado RA-1

Most of the comparisons will be done unamped. But an amp will be used to compare the sound quality of the two players under equal circumstances.

Jun 5, 2004 at 10:30 PM Post #10 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
...I am trying to sell my brother on some grado's...

Which headphones is he listening to at the present? Stock freebie headphones? Sony V-Flop?
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 8, 2004 at 4:37 AM Post #12 of 159
It's highly likely that I'll be able to make it. Don't know how much gear I'll be able to bring, but I'll likely be able to bring something. Thanks for doing this.

Jun 8, 2004 at 4:49 AM Post #13 of 159
I'm pretty sure I can make it to this meet, depending on summer school and visiting friends. I want some expressos.
biggrin.gif
I'd be glad to help pay for the pizzas if you'd like. If you need any help setting up or anything let me know; if I can I'll help.
biggrin.gif

Jun 8, 2004 at 4:52 AM Post #14 of 159
Also, if I do make it, I may also bring a few big, "easy-to-drive" headphones (brands and models yet to be determined) for comparison purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back