Official ATH-ES7 Thread
Jul 15, 2009 at 5:18 PM Post #286 of 542
Received my ES7s yesterday. I'm a bit annoyed because they already had a small scratch on them straight out of the box. However, considering the trouble I had to go to to get them, I guess I'm going to have to live with it.

Edit: I emailed Amazon.com and they very nicely offered me a $20 refund. I asked them if they could ship a replacement pair to Canada. If they can't I guess I'll just take the refund.

Jul 17, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #287 of 542
I just got mine (in one day!) and I also notice a slight rub on one of the cups. There's no sure way of preventing it during shipping. Honestly, I couldn't care less as it will happen eventually and I got a great price, received them fast, and they sound great. They still look great, you have to really be looking to see it.

Jul 19, 2009 at 9:04 PM Post #288 of 542
Hi guys!

Don't know if this has already been discussed previously, but can't really find nothing really, so here's the question -

need to recable my ES7 - after 2years and 1 month of listening daily, the right drive cable finally got loose and don't deliver the signal anymore.
So, any ideas on how to recable my ES7? (for a decent budget)

Cheers!

Jul 19, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #289 of 542
I recabled my ES7s a few months ago. It's straightforward and really quite easy if you have any sort of experience.

What I used was just some cheap Canare Mini-Starquad, a Neutrik plug, and some nylon sleeving over the cable. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 23, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #290 of 542
I bought a pair this week. They arrived yesterday and after listening to them for an hour or so, I must reaffirm how great these little headphones are. I paid $80US including delivery, which is absolutely incredible value in my opinion.

Hope you guys are correct about burn in.

Jul 23, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #291 of 542
New guy here. I've been planning to get an ES7 and have lurked around for a while, but I was wondering about several things:

1. How comfortable are these? I know about the "mod", but I've always wondered if the headband would be hard on the top of my head. I plan to use them mostly at home, but I'll definitely take them out for a spin once in a while.

2. Should I get a refurbished pair from buydig.com? I live in Canada and plan to use a mailbox service near the border, so having to return it if I get a faulty pair would be a hassle...

3. WHY DO THEY LOOK SO AMAZING?

Jul 23, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #292 of 542
1.They are a little uncomfortable. I am not normally a person that complains about comfort. I have never had any comfort issues with any of my over ear headphones. I do expect however to get used to them.

2. Why not. I've never had any problems with refurbished stuff. Get a black pair if you have the choice. They will have better resale value. Mine were cheap because they were the less popular white colour.

3. Stainless steel shell.

Jul 23, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #294 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by denox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought mine from buydig yesterday for $54 refurbished. Did anyone ever try to protect the shiny ear cup like prying with clear paint or something?

I know the fellow Head-Fier I purchased mine from a couple years ago had used some type of clear self clinging Ipod protector sheet and cut cup size pieces out of it and applied them and they worked great...just do it slowly and no bubbles/folds should appear. It was easy to take of and back on as well. I ended up taking them off when I was cleaning the cans one day, and since have lost them, but I plan on searching for some of this Ipod skin stuff and re-doing it.

Jul 23, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #295 of 542
With my es7's I applied a Best Skins Ever film. The protection was great but ultimately i decided it subdued the mirror finish and removed them. Strangely, one cup now has a different tinge to the other. In the past months I've taken them outdoors, no scratches yet
wink.gif

Jul 23, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #296 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aslan123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Received my ES7s yesterday. I'm a bit annoyed because they already had a small scratch on them straight out of the box. However, considering the trouble I had to go to to get them, I guess I'm going to have to live with it.

Edit: I emailed Amazon.com and they very nicely offered me a $20 refund. I asked them if they could ship a replacement pair to Canada. If they can't I guess I'll just take the refund.

I would take the refund. They will get scratched anyway as you use them.

Jul 23, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #297 of 542
The BSE I used gave my pair a slight blue tinge. The diameter of the cups is 2.5" so use a protractor as appropriate on the back of the sheet, and cut along it and you'll have perfect circles to use.

In hindsight, the ES7s were very good to me but they were far and away the most fatiguing headphones I've used.

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #299 of 542
I would think clear nail polish would chip after a while, no? I've never tried nail polish myself... but when my girlfriend wears it, it starts to chip after a while. If it starts to look nasty like that, it probably won't be easy to take off.

I have some shiny computer screen protector on mine. I had to cut them out into circles myself though. It does change the finish a little bit, but at least it keeps it looking shiny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back