Official ATH-ES7 Thread
Jun 3, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #272 of 542
Someone should pair the new microshar uamp109 dac/amp with the ES7 and tell me how it sounds!!
jecklinsmile.gif

Jun 16, 2009 at 1:40 PM Post #276 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by eversuns /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello everyone
biggrin.gif

Well I finally bit the bullet, went to the Headphone shop in Perth and got a pair of the sexy mirror finished cupped Audio Technica ATH-ES7’s. My initial impressions are fantastic and they do exactly what I was after. They are small, portable, have reasonable isolation, are able to be worn around my neck and most importantly don’t leak any noise!

FAKE ES7 HEADPHONES! WATCH OUT - http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/fak...ctures-286987/

(more links to come as I find them)

I was using this link from the first post. Yours works fine, thanks)

Jun 18, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #277 of 542
Ordered them a couple of hours ago! Spent a little extra on shipping so they can be here Friday, but its worth it. Anything I should absolutely know about my ES7's before I start wearing them? Any reccommendations for burning them in over the weekend? I was thinking about just putting my iTunes library on shuffle and hooking them up to my speakers, so the headphones can burn in all sorts of different music. I want to make sure especially that bass is burnt in. Is this a good or bad idea?

Also, saw the thing on the headband mod, plan on doing that as well.

So excited!

Jun 20, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #279 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBigShot_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ordered them a couple of hours ago! Spent a little extra on shipping so they can be here Friday, but its worth it. Anything I should absolutely know about my ES7's before I start wearing them? Any reccommendations for burning them in over the weekend? I was thinking about just putting my iTunes library on shuffle and hooking them up to my speakers, so the headphones can burn in all sorts of different music. I want to make sure especially that bass is burnt in. Is this a good or bad idea?

Also, saw the thing on the headband mod, plan on doing that as well.

So excited!

Dont know about you music library, but I'm using Edifier.Speaker.Tools for that purpouse. It generates pink noise in stereo, with opposing phases on each cannel, so if you put you'r ES7 in the right position you cant hear a thing while burning-in. That's perfect for me, cause I'm using them at day time, and burning-in at nite.

dubleon

Trust me, you WILL hear the difference. For me it was like: Okay, too much bass, I cant hear the music. Then after 40 hours of burn-in it became better, could hear the midrange fine now, and after approx 100 hours - idial sound for me (IMO).
Haven't tried the Blu-Tack mod yet, so i can't say anything, but here's the link - http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/b...arning-425094/

Jun 21, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #280 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dont know about you music library, but I'm using Edifier.Speaker.Tools for that purpouse. It generates pink noise in stereo, with opposing phases on each cannel, so if you put you'r ES7 in the right position you cant hear a thing while burning-in. That's perfect for me, cause I'm using them at day time, and burning-in at nite.

dubleon

Trust me, you WILL hear the difference. For me it was like: Okay, too much bass, I cant hear the music. Then after 40 hours of burn-in it became better, could hear the midrange fine now, and after approx 100 hours - idial sound for me (IMO).
Haven't tried the Blu-Tack mod yet, so i can't say anything, but here's the link - http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/b...arning-425094/

Thanks for the comments, I have to admit when I first got them I was very slightly underwhelmed- but having said that they have been playing for about 30 hours now and are growing on me loads!! Not sure if I am at blue tac stage yet...

Jun 22, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #282 of 542
Can't compare with the px100, but the ES7s bass is really not too much. It has a nice presence and it's clean but I personally find myself yearning for more quantity. It's nowhere near overpowering.

Jul 15, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #285 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by xabre1200 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HAHA! I just bought some Audio Technica's (refurb w/ a 1 year warranty) for $54
smily_headphones1.gif

You cant even buy fakes for that cheap!

I just did the same, but they're in the same state so it was $58 with tax. i'm glad i saw your post because i was about to buy them from jr. it was still a good price.

recently bought the HD485 and i'm hoping these provide good contrast to those at a level above my old sr60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back