Official ATH-ES7 Thread
Jun 6, 2008 at 10:45 PM Post #106 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tabris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, would you say that ES7s are a decent entry level headphone?

They are my first Head-Fi headphone. Among all the stuff I currently have in my sig, I like the ES7 the most. That more than says it for the ES7 as far as my preference is concerned.
wink.gif

I've also listened to the AKGK701, k81dj, k530, Beyer DT990, 880, Alessandro MS1, MS2i, Senn HD580, Denon AH-D1000 & a few others... and I prefer the ES7 by far, it may not be perfect, but it is a bloody fun headphone to listen to. It always gets me grooving and toe-taping to the music. Beware of the long burn in time though. I think most people who hate the ES7 never gave it enough burn in time. I remember I was not impressed with it when I first got it (read links in first post), but decided to give it about 500hrs burn in. All I can say is =
biggrin.gif

There has to be a reason why ebay is full of fake ES7s. As the saying goes, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"...
tongue.gif

If you can't tell by now, I LOVE my ES7.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

The ES7s are a hate-it-or-love-it kinda headphone, either you love it or you don't. So take my words with a pinch of salt, best try it out for yourself when you're in japan.
wink.gif

Jun 18, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #107 of 542
So I'm in Osaka at the moment, and I tried on some ES7s and I have to say. They sound like a dream and don't stick out from my head as much as I was worrying about.

My only worry now is the price, though it's cheaper over here than in the UK, I've spent more money on random bits and bobs, and food than I'd thought I would, which is crippling my budget towards other things I wanted. They're still decently priced at 14800yen (£74 or $148)

frown.gif

Now I'm thinking whether or not I should sacrifice the headphone money and go for something a little cheaper like FC700s or SJ5s. The former being something like 4000yen and the latter being around 2000yen, both of which are quite the bargain.

Jun 18, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #108 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tabris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now I'm thinking whether or not I should sacrifice the headphone money and go for something a little cheaper

Don't do it m8. They go for about 100 ~ 110 online. If anything, go back home, save up a little and get the ES7. No point rushing and buying something inferior. YOu'll only want to upgrade later on. I haven't heard the others that you've listed there, so no comment on those.

Well, if you want to save some $$$ and want the ES7 sound, get the crossroads x3i, these sound like a less refined version of the ES7. Bass is slightly muddy in comparison and mids a tad less than the ES7. Sparky highs almost the same. Same fun sound sig.
wink.gif

Jun 18, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #109 of 542
If you can find a lower price online, some places will be willing to lower their price for you. They probably won't match the price if it's from an online only retailer, but they'll probably cut you a deal. That's how I got my ESW9 from Yodobashi in Akihabara when I was in Japan, they had them listed for 29800 yen, but came down to 23400. The price on Amazon Japan was 21780 yen. I don't know if it will be that significant for the ES7, but it's worth a shot. Enjoy Japan, it's a great place.
... Eva fan?

Here's the link for them on Amazon Japan if you want: ATH-ES7 BK

The black headband one is cheaper there for some reason... Good luck.

Jun 19, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #110 of 542
I think I'll just go and get them today, in white I think...just because it looks a bit flashier and I have black hair :p

If I decide that they're not really for me, I'd still be able to sell them for lower than the English RRP and still be able to make a slight profit.

Jun 25, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #115 of 542
My box simply says 'Made in Japan' below AT's address.

Jun 25, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #116 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsBallad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? Japan? Hmm. I just received my pair from buy.com and the box reads "Designed and engineered in Japan. Made in China." What does this signify?

photos please, 'phones and packaging! at once!
wink.gif

no, it sounds very interesting, sure it's ES7? Maybe it's an overseas-model?

Jun 25, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #117 of 542
Does this mean there are different productions of the ATH-ES7's? Well, mine came with the fluffy carrying pouch and a cleaning cloth, so I doubt they are fake, but it is also noteworthy that the box contained an insert about the Import Series available to the States.

Hmm, wonder if my pair is different in quality, sound-wise and construction-wise. Did anyone else purchase a pair from Buy.com like I did?

Jun 26, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #119 of 542
I'm a bit of a newbie here but from what I've read about the ATH-ES7's I'm thinking of investing in a pair. I'd like to try them out before I take the plunge so I was wondering if anybody could recommend any shops in the West/Central London area where I would try some out.

Thanks!

P.S Great Forum, I love it!

Jun 26, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #120 of 542
Rokin, how about a mini-meet in central London? It only takes me 20 -25 minutes to cycle into the West End. I'll bring my ES7 for you to try for the price of a coffee...

And then I'll hit Sister Ray Records
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back