Official ATH-ES7 Thread
Apr 15, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #91 of 542
ESW9 pads should fit ES7 as they are listed on bluetin site as interchangeable.
Audio-Technica ath-ESW9 Woodcup EarSuit Headphone Buy
And they are tons more comfortable. Or you can just ditch ES7 for ESW9
very_evil_smiley.gif
, as I haven't seen ESW9 pads (part HP-ESW9) sold separately online yet, you can try contacting bluetin japan, hopefully they could hook you up.

May 19, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #93 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by namelock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do these benefit at all from an amp?

I'd like to know this too. I ordered a pair and have some extra money for a small portable amp.

May 19, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #94 of 542
Just passing by & the thread caught my eye...I really like ES7 -a fun, great little 'phone. As I hadn't used them in awhile (more of an IEM guy)I was at the point of selling mine to an interested party, got them out for a final polish & listen before packing and fell in love all over again...could not face parting with em.

Lovely headphone with a winning SQ...

May 19, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #95 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by Malachor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like to know this too. I ordered a pair and have some extra money for a small portable amp.

in my personal experience, they do benefit from an amp, as bass tightens up little more, perhaps expanding soundstage by a bit.

Not a huge difference, but it helps
wink.gif

I sold my ES7s as I can't wear headphones in summer - I sweat way too much.

they will be missed, but I got triple fi 10 pros to keep me company.

May 24, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #97 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_pGo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, i want to buy these:
Audio-Technica ATH-ES7 - CUDO DO TWOJEGO IPODA!! (368736327) - Aukcje internetowe Allegro
But i'm not sure if they are fake or real. Could you tell me?

Looks fake to me, strain relief should be smooth rubber not ribbed as shown in picture and the sides of the polished steel cups should be matte, not shiny. Real ones are kinda brushed around the edges. Connector looks wrong too. In fact, compare the pictures lower on the page with the one on top and you can see the differences. Stock photo at top is real.

May 25, 2008 at 12:09 AM Post #98 of 542
x2 w/Danosaurus. You'd never get that level of reflection detail from my (real ES7) cup sides, + along with the strain relief already noted, the jack is ribbed not perforated. Steer clear.

Jun 2, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #99 of 542
Got my ES7s three days ago from AC gears NYC. I opened the box right away, and wow!!!... they are beautiful! I bought the black ones. I put them on and felt the horrible pressure against my ears. It took them off and did the metal bend, and they felt better. I plugged them into my D2 and .......my initial thought was.......wow this bass is very boomy!....I literary felt my ears shaking due to the bass. On some bass heavy songs the bass was a bit overwhelming, I had to lower the Mach3Bass settings on my D2. I read some of these posts and got my ES7s burning in with the pink noise files, are about 50 hrs in so far. Can't wait to hear them after burn-in. The ES7s will be my second portable phones. My other ones are IEMs Shure SE530, which I owned for about 2 years. The bass on these is incredible, but after a while my ear canals start hurting, that's why I wanted to get something like the ES7s.

THanks everyone for their helpful tips!

Jun 2, 2008 at 3:49 PM Post #100 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by spinali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another non-destructive ES7 mod, but a little more involved.

You've probably seen those cheap plastic cable ties; well, they have a new use. Coil a tie around the inside diameter of your ES7; cut off the end, and drop it inside. Do the same with several more ties, like this:

When you're done, you may find that your ES7 rests on your ears much more easily, and there's an impression of added head space. Now, it's easy to enjoy the ES7 - even for the length of a movie.

I have found some black tie wraps in my job. I will do this, but how many did you use per cup?

Jun 6, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #102 of 542
Just a really quick question here. But how do ES7's look on people with relatively big heads? I've read that they jut out a bit from head on and well, cans with a low profile is one of my preferences. Or is the mod linked in the OP's post enough to sort things out. I'm not really an audiophile, but I care enough about sound quality to not want to put up with default earbuds or cheap ones.

It's quite embarrassing to say (even on the internet) that my head is a tad on the larger side, about 2 and a bit inches less than a sheet of A4 paper.

I'm heading off to Japan in a week, so I'll probably pick some up whilst I'm there (since they're much cheaper than getting them in the UK). Any suggestions as to where I could pick them up in Tokyo would be even better.

Jun 6, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #105 of 542
Yep, the mod (bending) sorts them out. Get them in black ( I have white so they are noticeable) & I reckon they'll blend right in. Apart from the fact that you'll have two mirrors reflecting on each side!
ES7 should come with a warning -you may get people coming up to check their hairdo/makeup...

Edit\ yes, I'd say more than decent. Really fun little phone...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back