Official 2014 Bay Area Meet - SUNDAY - Feb 16th, 2014
Feb 9, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #286 of 431
I'm getting super excited!
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #287 of 431
I'd love to see an audiologist. Does this entail on-the-spot impressions? I've been wanting to dive into CIEMs for a while....

It's definitely the easiest way to get into customs. UE will pick up the audiologist charge for on-the-spot impressions, give 20% off purchase price, and I'll ship them to the lab for you. So, the impressions need to be for UE customs purchase or you can ask the audiologist to pay for impressions that you can take with you. (Not sure how much that would cost because we haven't booked an audiologist yet, but typically $50-75.)

We may have enough interest for me to try to have someone come from 12pm-2pm.

Feb 9, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #288 of 431
I am working on getting some Noble Audio products for demo.

It looks like I should be able to get:
  1. Demo versions of the Noble 3,4, and 5 CIEMs.
  2. Universal Noble 4's
  3. Prototype (3d printed) version of the Noble 6 universals

(The rest of the Noble products are either out on loan of out of stock.)

I will have an AK120 to drive them, or you can bring your own source. You can bring your own tips too if you want.

Feb 9, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #289 of 431
Jumping on the bus a bit late here, but I have always wanted to attend a meet. Please count me + 1 in if possible. Will be heading over from Berkeley. Will bring a few pocket sized items, but don't need any table space. Hope there's room. Really looking forward to it!

Feb 9, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #290 of 431
  Jumping on the bus a bit late here, but I have always wanted to attend a meet. Please count me + 1 in if possible. Will be heading over from Berkeley. Will bring a few pocket sized items, but don't need any table space. Hope there's room. Really looking forward to it!

It'll be sweet to meet you!
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #291 of 431
Likewise. Can't wait to check out all the great gear & pick up a few tips from experts like yourself. I'm bringing a musician buddy of mine who's visiting from Switzerland. He loves high end audio and is also an excellent drummer. Should be awesome!

Feb 9, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #292 of 431
Just found out can't attend as wife is dragging me to LA.  In any case, was really excited to test out all sorts of gear as I am building out my system right now.

In any case, have a new LCD-X that should be burned in by then.  Also might have Chord Hugo by then as well.  Does anyone want to take responsibility for them and bring them to meet-up if there is any interest in this stuff?  I'm on the Pennisula.

Feb 10, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #293 of 431
UPDATES (2/9/2014):
  1. Light Harmonic confirms!  Sort of. They said they are bringing a Geek Out. Dunno about DaVinci DAC.

Floor Diagrams Updated:
  1. aameford gear to be with shane55 (or running around with him)
  2. zerodeefex will place gear with someone (Dinky DAC Shootout, see below)
  3. shane55/aamefford moves to zerodeefex spot (shane55, that ear better behave!)
  4. More Schiit. (So they can bring "everything"- taking aameford/shane55 table)
  5. Darinf returns (Stoney's spot, we hope he is doing okay)
  6. koilico gives up space (running from business trip so no gear)
  7. tvolpe1600 gives up space (GS-X not arrived yet)
  8. 3X0 and mosesed take koiloco/tvolpe1600 table
  9. wolfetan44 takes an empty spot we made (we forgot wolfie!??!)
  10. particleman14 stays RIGHT where he is (congrats on Omega SR-007, BTW)
  11. linuxworks to no-show spot or my portable table (something new from him!)
  12. Has always been some extra space at our events, but will bring a portable table just in case.
  13. yfei sharing laptop and Lynx Hilo on my table too
  14. Did we miss anyone?  Thanks, zerodeefex for making the updates!

Look for this line-up of "Dinky DACs".  
USB-powered headphone DAC/Amps to stick on your computer or use with your portable rig. 
zerodeefex bought them so we could compare them, do some reviewing, send them on a little tour...  
We'll try to let you know which spot they will be in.  (Let ZD know if you would be a good babysitter.)

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:14 AM Post #294 of 431
I'd love to attend My rig:
Fostex th900
Woo audio WA5 MAXXED
Antelope Zodiac Gold
Thank you!

Shoot! LiuTim...would you like to share the table with me?
I'm across from Eddie Current, so I could probably subtract one of my amps! 
redface.gif

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #295 of 431
If you need more space I would be more than happy to share.  My setup isn't exactly compact but I am sure I won't use the entire half table. 

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #296 of 431
  UPDATES (2/6/2014):
  1. Light Harmonic confirms!  Sort of. They said they are bringing a Geek Out. Dunno about DaVinci DAC.

One vote for the DaVinci DAC.  PLEASE.

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #297 of 431
  Look for this line-up of "Dinky DACs".  
USB-powered headphone DAC/Amps to stick on your computer or use with your portable rig. 
zerodeefex bought them so we could compare them, do some reviewing, send them on a little tour...  
We'll try to let you know which spot they will be in.  (Let ZD know if you would be a good babysitter.)

If you want an HRT MicroStreamer to throw in the mix. I have an extra one you could use. (Actually I have a whole case of them for sale.
biggrin.gif
)

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #298 of 431
  Just found out can't attend as wife is dragging me to LA.  In any case, was really excited to test out all sorts of gear as I am building out my system right now.

In any case, have a new LCD-X that should be burned in by then.  Also might have Chord Hugo by then as well.  Does anyone want to take responsibility for them and bring them to meet-up if there is any interest in this stuff?  I'm on the Pennisula.

A lot of us, including me, would love to hear your LCD-X. I'm bringing an LCD-3 based system. I have an extra amp and could set up a comparison demo between the two. I'm willing to accept full responsibility for your headphones, I've been involved in NorCal meets since 2007. Feel free to check me out with any of the organizers past or present.  I'll be traveling through the peninsula this coming Weds, and will be in S.F. all Sat.Totally willing to make a pick-up at your convenience Appreciate your offer!

Feb 10, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #299 of 431
A lot of us, including me, would love to hear your LCD-X. I'm bringing an LCD-3 based system. I have an extra amp and could set up a comparison demo between the two. I'm willing to accept full responsibility for your headphones, I've been involved in NorCal meets since 2007. Feel free to check me out with any of the organizers past or present.  I'll be traveling through the peninsula this coming Weds, and will be in S.F. all Sat.Totally willing to make a pick-up at your convenience Appreciate your offer!

A vote of confidence for FrankCooter!

Feb 10, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #300 of 431
if there is interest (and if there is room) I can also bring my hacked behringer dcx-2496 (a 3 way crossover for active spkr systems).  my mod is to bypass the analog-out (dac) sections of the DCX and install spdif transmitter chips so that the crossover is now pure spdif-in AND spdif-out.  a lot of people are considering the DCX box as a very affordable way to get a clean digital crossover and this mod helps bring the dcx to a new level of performance.

what my mod looks like:

so, if people are interested in seeing this, I can bring it along.  but due to not having a definite table yet, I will wait to hear if there is interest, first, before taking this with me.

at some point, I plan to make a production PCB out of this and offer it as a group buy.  for now, though, its a one-off build on a hand made perf board.  its been working for me for over a year now and when you add 2 outboard dacs to this, your active spkr system really takes on a whole new level of performance.

/bryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back