Official 2014 Bay Area Meet - SUNDAY - Feb 16th, 2014
Feb 6, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #257 of 431
Hi everyone... been lurking here for months, just soaking up the info.  I think I can make the meet on Sunday the 16th, but probably for just the afternoon session.

I've currently got a pair of Senn Momentums and Denon D2000's with missing pivot bolt, Shure SE535's, a Centrance DACport (Hi Fi M8 is on order, expected in March), and an old Musical Fidelity X-can amp.  Oh, and a MacBook Retina Pro crammed with over 300 albums of lossless files in iTunes.

If anybody wants me to bring any of the above listed toys, I will try to do so.  Also if anybody else needs a lift from Sonoma county area and wants to carpool, I might go down to the peninsula on Saturday and overnight it... PM me.

Will be nice to meet y'all...!

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #258 of 431
Do I have table space yet? I am bringing schiit(not literally :p). I'm bringing, hopefully: 
  1. Woo Audio WA7
  2. Paradox Slants
  3. Paradox
  4. HD650

Feb 6, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #259 of 431
  Hi everyone... been lurking here for months, just soaking up the info.  I think I can make the meet on Sunday the 16th, but probably for just the afternoon session.

I've currently got a pair of Senn Momentums and Denon D2000's with missing pivot bolt, Shure SE535's, a Centrance DACport (Hi Fi M8 is on order, expected in March), and an old Musical Fidelity X-can amp.  Oh, and a MacBook Retina Pro crammed with over 300 albums of lossless files in iTunes.

If anybody wants me to bring any of the above listed toys, I will try to do so.  Also if anybody else needs a lift from Sonoma county area and wants to carpool, I might go down to the peninsula on Saturday and overnight it... PM me.

Will be nice to meet y'all...!

Would love to hear the momentums, and feel free to hit me up to try the CEntrance HIFI-M8.  It will probably be in my messenger bag, and I'll be running around with an aamefford name badge, a pair of Alpha Dogs, and a thinning head of hair.  Oh yeah, goofy grin...

Feb 6, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #260 of 431
  ...a thinning head of hair.  Oh yeah, goofy grin...

Sounds familiar.
rolleyes.gif

And I've got the avatar to prove it.

Feb 7, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #261 of 431

Sounds familiar.
rolleyes.gif

And I've got the avatar to prove it.

Well, erm, ahhhhh…. I personally think we are a couple of fine looking gentlemen…  I'm pretty sure we can find someone of the fairer gender to agree, for a small remuneration…  Heck, I could probably talk my lovely wife into it for a mere pittance...

Oh, and expect me to hang out and check out that Schiit to your right!  I got confused with that whole table thing…  If I have anything you want to hear, and by that I mean make space for on your table, let me know.

Feb 7, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #262 of 431
  I might be able to fly up for the meet, but I am not sure if I can swing it.

If I do come, I couldn't bring everything on a plane, but I could bring:

1. Prototype of a new Russian electrostatic amp/DAC that is supposed to compete with the best out there.
  2. Stax 009's to use with the Russian amp/DAC
  3. Out Of Your Head software on my laptop
  4. HRT Microstreamer
  5. Noble Audio 6 and maybe the demo versions of the Noble CIEMs: K10, 8C, etc.
  6. Cavalli Liquid Gold if anyone is interested.
  7. Maybe my HD800's to use with the LAu or people could bring their own cans to try with the LAu
  8. AK120

So far though, I am a definite maybe...

Good news everyone. My work gig got cancelled so now I am going to be able to make it after all. Well at least I think it's good news!

Since I am flying, I am going to try to minimize my gear down to half a table:

1. Vostok Sound ES-21: Prototype of a Russian electrostatic amp/DAC
    (Rumor has it that they may add a conventional headphone amp in the same box!)
  3. Out Of Your Head software on a couple Windows laptops.
  4. HRT Microstreamer
  5. Sennheiser HD800
  6. Schiit Vali
  7. AK120

If anyone wants me to bring some Noble CIEM/IEM demos, I can find out about acquiring those. 
If people are interested and I have room, I might be able to bring any of the Audeze headphones.

Can't wait!

-Darin

Feb 7, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #263 of 431
Welcome! We're super excited that you could make it!

Feb 7, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #265 of 431
I'll be there. As of right now I'm not planning on bringing anything other than myself.

Feb 7, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #266 of 431
Hi I have recently become interested in audio quality and would like to attend the event I have read through the FAQs and other information and would like to come with my brother and our friend if that is ok. 

Feb 7, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #267 of 431
Greetings!
Just saw the posting for this event - great news! And as a local member, I'm very interested in attending - Redwood City is just a stones throw from my place in the South Bay - I'm checking the schedule - I see that all the Head Fi Heavyweights are bringin' the Big Dollar gear :wink:

IF I can make it, I'll bring a couple of  "value end" items for folks to try, since fun, cheap starter audiophile products help grow the base:

Headphones:
Pioneer SE-A1000
Sony MDR-V6
Philips SHE8620 "Crystal Clears"

Amp:
JDS CmoyBB headphone amp

portable sources:
Motorola X2 configured for FLAC files (16 bit)
Nook HD+ configured for FLAC files (24 bit)

Here's hoping I can make it!

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #268 of 431
  Good news everyone. My work gig got cancelled so now I am going to be able to make it after all. Well at least I think it's good news!

4. HRT Microstreamer
  5. Sennheiser HD800
  6. Schiit Vali
  7. AK120

If anyone wants me to bring some Noble CIEM/IEM demos, I can find out about acquiring those. 
If people are interested and I have room, I might be able to bring any of the Audeze headphones.

Can't wait!

-Darin

I love the Schiit Valhalla and the Stax 009's are by far the best headphones I have ever heard. I truly look forward to hearing them again, and this time with the Russian Amp. Last time I heard them with a Woo Audio and some other one I can't remember. 

I will bring my Edition 8's, T770Pros, Denon D950s, ESW-9A's, ES10s, and my Dacport and possibly my laptop... Will there be plugs for laptops and other electrical devices near the tables? Also, about safety in terms of people snatching things... I think all of us want to walk around and try other peoples phones as well, so how safe is it to leave out ours at our tables, etc...? Have there been any instances in the past?

Feb 7, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #269 of 431

4. HRT Microstreamer
  5. Sennheiser HD800
  6. Schiit Vali
  7. AK120

Can't wait!

-Darin

Hi Darin,
Glad to hear you can join us! 

Everyone,
Some of you may not be familiar with Darin's Out Of Your Head software.  If you ever had the slightest interest in experiencing a virtual speaker effect similar to that produced by the Smyth Reailser, you should stop by Darin's table and give his software a try.  I'm sure Darin will be happy to provide you with additional details, but in a nutshell, what Out Of Your Head does is provide software base emulation of some (but not all) of the functionality of the Realiser.  For some, this software may be all that you need.  You'll have to decide for yourself.

Again, Darin, glad you are able to make the meet.  See you there.

Feb 8, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #270 of 431
^Good timing for an Announcement...

Yep, Darin is back in.  With gear & his software for you to try.  Also, he's giving away a complete package for the raffle!

Includes: License for Out Of Your Head software + License for all 21 presets currently available.

Out Of Your Head software.  The convenience of headphone listening AND the sound of speakers.  More information here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back