Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jun 19, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #4,981 of 8,152
Ok, Just ordered a Shanling m3s on Amazon France, it was 245 euro including shipping, 65 euro cheaper than the German site...
What are some good closed cans for around 100-150? I like a balanced, detailed sound profile, with bass as it is meant to be, not a fan of extra bass heavy headphones.

Dennis.
you won't even have to pay that much. I've done quite a bit of looking, and though I don't have them, Bosshifi B8's and Takstar 82 Pros are apparently insanely good for the money.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/takstar-pro-82-review-impressions-and-discussion-thread.849965/ This has Takstar 82 Pro information and comparisons to much more expensive headphones, as well as to the Bosshifi B8.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-on-or-over-ear-headphones.822184/ this is the headphone equivalent of this thread for Daps.

Jun 22, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #4,982 of 8,152
Well. Received the Zishan Z3. Have to say, that price/performance ratio is awesome.

I am not sure, if this is the case every time, but this player was initially set up with the english language. I did not have to search around for english. Next good thing was the ultra fast boot up sequence and the very fast UI.

The sound is very enjoyable. The mids are very nice.

The USB DAC function works also great. The device is said to be capable of DSD and so on. Is there a ASIO driver around for USB?

EDIT: sounds so nice and relaxed with the ESW11LTD

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #4,983 of 8,152
so i got benjie S5 mp3 player, and another china mp3 player and they have both broken headphone jacks after one year.

im now going to try a china **** z3 player.

Jun 25, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #4,984 of 8,152
I've had my Benjie S5 for well over a year with no issue. It has even repeatedly traveled to the Caribbean. And please do not mention he who rhymes with so sleazy. That is not allowed,

Jun 25, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #4,985 of 8,152
you won't even have to pay that much. I've done quite a bit of looking, and though I don't have them, Bosshifi B8's and Takstar 82 Pros are apparently insanely good for the money.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/takstar-pro-82-review-impressions-and-discussion-thread.849965/ This has Takstar 82 Pro information and comparisons to much more expensive headphones, as well as to the Bosshifi B8.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-on-or-over-ear-headphones.822184/ this is the headphone equivalent of this thread for Daps.

Received the Shanling m3s today, plugged in my ATH-ES7 and...well...compared to my old trusty Zune 120, less resolution but way more powerful warmish sound. I had hoped for some more detail. Ok now I want some over the ear cans that will bring some more insight, was thinking about DT770 pro 32 ohm or shure srh 840 or the likes, any recommendations?

Jun 25, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #4,986 of 8,152
I've had my Benjie S5 for well over a year with no issue. It has even repeatedly traveled to the Caribbean. And please do not mention he who rhymes with so sleazy. That is not allowed,
No doubt. I don't understand someone that has a broken S5. The thing is built like a tank including the battery. It also sounds pretty good for the size and price. It's almost as good as a Zishan or Walnut.

Jun 26, 2018 at 5:55 AM Post #4,987 of 8,152
No doubt. I don't understand someone that has a broken S5. The thing is built like a tank including the battery. It also sounds pretty good for the size and price. It's almost as good as a Zishan or Walnut.
well i dont like the eq on the benjie s5, and i dont like how you cant delete whole folders at a time, and the charging bar isnt that great.

to be fair ive dropped it i dont know how many times, but ive never had this problem with headphone jacks on my 2 sony mp3s.

i just ordered a zishan and hopefully its more reliable.

Jun 26, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #4,988 of 8,152
well i dont like the eq on the benjie s5, and i dont like how you cant delete whole folders at a time, and the charging bar isnt that great.

to be fair ive dropped it i dont know how many times, but ive never had this problem with headphone jacks on my 2 sony mp3s.

i just ordered a zishan and hopefully its more reliable.

If your poor defenseless Benjie is suffering abuse then you cannot complain about it giving up the ghost. Any player that is mistreated is not long for this world. Those other things are niggling minor issues that have no effect on the sound quality. Most people set the EQ on Jazz and are happy. IMO overall for the price the S5 is a great bargain.

Jun 26, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #4,989 of 8,152
Should receive the Hidizs AP60 Pro this Thurs(Today).
Here is the thread for the player: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hidizs-ap60-pro-digital-audio-player.882888/#post-14328728
e9MsDkiDQGibFqGwvaoV_361A5082.jpg

FULL SPECIFICATIONS
Size & Weight
Dimensions (W X H X D)

Approx. 1.65" x 2.95" x 0.55" (42 x 75 x 14 mm)

Weight
95g/ 0.21 ounces

Power
Battery life - continuous playback music

Above 10 hours

USB power adapter
DC 5V/2A recommended

Charge time (full charge)
One hour

Charge interface
Micro USB

Hardware
CPU model

X1000

ROM
None

External storage
Micro SD card

DAC
ES9118C

Amplifier
ES9118C

Maximum storage expansion
256G

Connectivity
Bluetooth

Bluetooth V4.0,aptX supported

USB interface
Micro USB, two-way USB DAC

Appearance Design
Body material

Aluminium-alloy

Colors
Black/Silver/Blue/Grey

Display screen
2.0 inches 320x240 TFT HD screen

Buttons
Side and panel buttons

USB Audio(DAC)
DSD support

DSD 64/128

PCM support
384kHz/32Bit

Headphone out specifications (3.5mm headphone out jack)
Output Power

80mW @ 32Ω

SNR
>119dB

Output impedance
0.1 ohm

Frequency response
20-40kHz

Channel separation
108dB

Dynamic range
>105dB

Format Support
FLAC, APE, WMA, WAV, ALAC, AAC, OGG, MP3, AIFF, DSF, DIFF

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #4,990 of 8,152
If your poor defenseless Benjie is suffering abuse then you cannot complain about it giving up the ghost. Any player that is mistreated is not long for this world. Those other things are niggling minor issues that have no effect on the sound quality. Most people set the EQ on Jazz and are happy. IMO overall for the price the S5 is a great bargain.
i dont buy it.

ive dropped my sonys where they have lost plastic / have chips and the headphone jack still works. one of my sonys is 4 years old. im not recommending sony, the eq got worse, cant delete songs, doesnt play flac, bass sucks with max volume, etc.

Jun 26, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #4,991 of 8,152
i dont buy it.

ive dropped my sonys where they have lost plastic / have chips and the headphone jack still works. one of my sonys is 4 years old. im not recommending sony, the eq got worse, cant delete songs, doesnt play flac, bass sucks with max volume, etc.

Well sure if you don't drop it on the jack. You just seem to want to blame the player for your abuse.

hammer2.gif

Jun 26, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #4,992 of 8,152
years ago I bought a AP60 for night time listening via APTx and this little guy for getting outdoor use

AGPtek G05W

it's a nice little player with a silicone water resistant case and a clip like the Sansa Clip and BT 4.0 only around $26USD
built in FM, and voice recorder. Paired it up with a sweatproof Taotronics BT 4.1

Jun 26, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #4,993 of 8,152
Well sure if you don't drop it on the jack. You just seem to want to blame the player for your abuse.

im pretty sure they are cheaply made and hence the cheap price. like domestic cars :wink: i bought it in sept and already broken. i am 0 for 2 with china mp3 players

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #4,994 of 8,152
im pretty sure they are cheaply made and hence the cheap price. like domestic cars :wink: i bought it in sept and already broken. i am 0 for 2 with china mp3 players

That's like driving your car into a brick wall and blaming the car for not surviving the crash.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back