Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jun 27, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #5,011 of 8,115
yea your right, the capitalists care about us and building quality products is their first priority. not profits :wink:

i just ordered a zishan so hopefully its more durable than these last 2.

*If the basis of capitalism is to make a profit, then you need customers for that, then you are going to be using excellent quality, no?

Jun 27, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #5,012 of 8,115
*If the basis of capitalism is to make a profit, then you need customers for that, then you are going to be using excellent quality, no?
thats not how this system actually works.

consumer can partly combat poor quality products by leaving reviews on the internet. i really relied on amazon reviews after i bought skullcandy crushers and returned them. i have written many amazon and google reviews of stuff.

Jun 27, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #5,013 of 8,115
yea your right, the capitalists care about us and building quality products is their first priority. not profits :wink:

i just ordered a zishan so hopefully its more durable than these last 2.

I don't like capitalist either but it's the world we live in, if you don't like it find non capitalist player, or maybe be careful with your stuff, you know the idea of mistreating your stuff and carelessness sounds like consumerism, so your just playing into it, buy another, and another, or make your own, or do what I did and make a case
But complaining and trying to argue about the fact you broke your player and blaming it on the company, telling a community of poeple who enjoy there cheap Chinese players and don't have the problem that you have don't make sense seems like your just frustrated with your government, the u.s. ( the country that spread capitism) and it's ok buddy I understand that's why after living there 20 years I left and got a cheap Chinese player never been happier! I'm not saying China has the best qc but I had a Buick I drove for 327000 miles without issue, and loved the way it road, and it was a lot cheaper then my brothers Corolla and alot cheaper to maintain
And his Corolla blew after 400000+ miles so if you want to compare one to the other I could buy 3 buicks for the price of 1 Corolla and get 900000 miles to your Corolla having issues at 350-400000 miles

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #5,014 of 8,115

Planned obsolescence + marketing

Jun 27, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #5,015 of 8,115
But we're way off topic now, so let's get back to the players, the fact is chinese players are less capitalist then this guy thinks, dude if you don't like it, get a diy player and learn to solder like I'm doing it's fun, and you can learn to fix what you break, zishan, Walnut, xunsound, there all great but you can't treat them like footballs

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #5,016 of 8,115
I don't like capitalist either but it's the world we live in, if you don't like it find non capitalist player, or maybe be careful with your stuff, you know the idea of mistreating your stuff and carelessness sounds like consumerism, so your just playing into it, buy another, and another, or make your own, or do what I did and make a case
But complaining and trying to argue about the fact you broke your player and blaming it on the company, telling a community of poeple who enjoy there cheap Chinese players and don't have the problem that you have don't make sense seems like your just frustrated with your government, the u.s. ( the country that spread capitism) and it's ok buddy I understand that's why after living there 20 years I left and got a cheap Chinese player never been happier! I'm not saying China has the best qc but I had a Buick I drove for 327000 miles without issue, and loved the way it road, and it was a lot cheaper then my brothers Corolla and alot cheaper to maintain
And his Corolla blew after 400000+ miles so if you want to compare one to the other I could buy 3 buicks for the price of 1 Corolla and get 900000 miles to your Corolla having issues at 350-400000 miles
i usually rely on consumer reports for reviews of cars. i havent seen their reviews of mp3s.

i think you got lucky with your buick. toyota and honda make the most reliable cars, not that im that impressed with them. my dad has had both toyota and domestics and toyota never gives him problems. his chevy turbo diesel has all knids of problems.

we need a consumer rights group for mp3 players similar to ralph nader's "unsafe at any speed" for chevy cars. :wink:

Jun 27, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #5,017 of 8,115
But we're way off topic now, so let's get back to the players, the fact is chinese players are less capitalist then this guy thinks, dude if you don't like it, get a diy player and learn to solder like I'm doing it's fun, and you can learn to fix what you break, zishan, Walnut, xunsound, there all great but you can't treat them like footballs
yea i dont.

i dont got time for soldering, im too busy trying to save the world and working for capitalists 40 hours a week.

Jun 28, 2018 at 2:11 AM Post #5,018 of 8,115
3.8 liter v6 buicks, olds mobiles are simply the good gm cars, up until the 2000, Toyotas are good, but just like you and your players, my brother abused his car, dude if your so busy then why do you spend so much time complaining? In the amount of time you spend complaining you could learn a trade, become usefull!! Seems your just wanting to bother people is all, so get yourself a Sony player and quit trying to make up crap to annoy others

Jun 28, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #5,019 of 8,115
What do you guys think is best player under 150 without a touchscreen? I have got a Walnut v2, a zishan z3 and f.audio s1 on the way, but Walnut mids are great but bass rolls off, z3 seems better but highs roll off, and I just read f.audio also has a roll off on bass, what else is out there that's good ?

Jun 28, 2018 at 2:20 AM Post #5,020 of 8,115
What do you guys think is best player under 150 without a touchscreen? I have got a Walnut v2, a zishan z3 and f.audio s1 on the way, but Walnut mids are great but bass rolls off, z3 seems better but highs roll off, and I just read f.audio also has a roll off on bass, what else is out there that's good ?

zishan 4497eq?
shanling m0 ?

Jun 28, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #5,021 of 8,115
Is Shanling touch screen ?

Jun 28, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #5,022 of 8,115

In that price range I continue to recommend the Cayin N3. It is not exactly touchscreen but it does have some touching involved. I have never worried about anything rolling off with my daps. I figure that is down to the headphones, iems and buds that I choose. For me, the most important things about a dap are storage capacity, gapless play (because I have many albums that require that). I only listen to full albums and I never shuffle play so I have never been interested in the daps that do not let the user choose albums.

Jun 28, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #5,023 of 8,115
In that price range I continue to recommend the Cayin N3. It is not exactly touchscreen but it does have some touching involved. I have never worried about anything rolling off with my daps. I figure that is down to the headphones, iems and buds that I choose. For me, the most important things about a dap are storage capacity, gapless play (because I have many albums that require that). I only listen to full albums and I never shuffle play so I have never been interested in the daps that do not let the user choose albums.
I heard it's good but my limit is 150 and it will cost me 180 +, well ok let's say my limit is 130 because this country I am in, I will pay at least 20-40 dollars more and I have lost 6 out of 9 packages at customs so I order carefully through a friend in another country and he brings when he crosses border, but I will keep my eyes peeled for the n3 in case I find it cheaper

Jun 28, 2018 at 3:06 AM Post #5,024 of 8,115
Hello
I have the Hifiwalker H2. It has the BurrBrown DAC and there's no roll off at either end of the range. Navigation is simple with the latest firmware update and there is gapless play. Sound quality is excellent with a wide range of IEMs.

Jun 28, 2018 at 4:46 AM Post #5,025 of 8,115
3.8 liter v6 buicks, olds mobiles are simply the good gm cars, up until the 2000, Toyotas are good, but just like you and your players, my brother abused his car, dude if your so busy then why do you spend so much time complaining? In the amount of time you spend complaining you could learn a trade, become usefull!! Seems your just wanting to bother people is all, so get yourself a Sony player and quit trying to make up crap to annoy others
ay up, i got me 2 trades, working on me third.

i say me players are devotchkas tho i aint dun it, but grouchos got his pickle in a finkler tryna spin it on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back