Obscure Chinese DAPs
Feb 7, 2024 at 4:29 AM Post #8,086 of 8,127
Awww... That's not what I wanted to read. I was going for positives as they're mainly positive on AliExpress.

But thank you for letting me know. Appreciated. I guess I'll just wait for a sale on a Hiby R2
I bought the A58 first too and returned it, very clunky firmware and also volume was too low on bluetooth at maximum level, I could barely hear anything on my Sony WF1000XM4 at full volume.

Feb 7, 2024 at 4:31 AM Post #8,087 of 8,127
Well, I tried this morning and seemed to have bricked the player...The firmware I got was from this link: there was a link to the Z6-V1.1 firmware in the descprition (and the only one I could find on the internet also). On restart the menu was as I wanted so I thought it had worked until i tried to press the navigation buttons which light up and then do nothing so it is just stuck now without being able to do anything and even go into settings to add another firmware and try. Oh well at least I got it cheapish so no major loss.

Maybe it was supposed to be the V2 firmware that might have worked as it says on the Phinestic website...

Ah that sucks. Have you tried force resetting or something? Perhaps might start working again.

Feb 7, 2024 at 5:03 AM Post #8,088 of 8,127
Ah that sucks. Have you tried force resetting or something? Perhaps might start working again.
I've been trying this morning all combinations of power+vol up, Power+ vol down, thought maybe the navigation buttons were locked or something so trying different combinations - but no luck. Even put the pin in the reset hole but nothing.

Feb 14, 2024 at 10:05 AM Post #8,090 of 8,127
Does the Ruizu A55 have that pesky bug of not showing your folders alphabetically, but by the last folder(s) added?

I have a cool little Ruizu clip dap(no longer made it looks like), and everything is good on it except for that bug of showing folders my date I guess, instead of alphabetically.

I know the A55 isn't generally liked in this thread. But it ticks off a lot of the boxes that I need in a more modern dap. So I'm hoping the firmware that it has doesn't have this bug. As dap's in the $50 range that plays up to 24/192 and can use up to 128/256gb sd card aren't that many.

Edit: Actually this one looks nice too. It says on the page that it sorts alphabetically or by time. And it seems that they're more into helping their customers than Ruizu is.

I'm just wondering how many volume levels there are. That's one thing I like about the A55, seems like it has a high number of steps

https://a.aliexpress.com/_msgyBci

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #8,092 of 8,127
Just FYI if anyone ends up with a z9pro that was on sale on aliexpress - phinistec s7 firmware works great with it.
Some minor improvements but improvements nonetheless.
Just wish there was a "play all songs" when you clicked on an artist as to play all songs from said artist.

Mar 23, 2024 at 8:45 PM Post #8,094 of 8,127
I've found that possibly the Ruizo A58 does not support 128 gb as card. Bought one stuck my SanDisk ultra exFAT and it doesn't import the files (got 90 gb on it). I'm very bemused that the manual says TF format but does not give the maximum size allowed for an SD which makes me question every site saying or advertising yes to 128 GB.
So unless there is a tweak or suggestion to make it do otherwise or does it actually need a dedicated TF format those factors make it a big letdown for me.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 8:47 PM Post #8,095 of 8,127
i would seriously stay away from the JS-04 * various case colors. (easily found on ebay etc.

it has the same interface as the Ruizo X02 which for me was easy to navigate.
it does accept 128 GB after you exFAT the card. and it plays fine.

BUT this c??t of a model i've had 3 fails this year as the b**t*rd just dies probably cos the battery life which most times it can be good BUT when it dies without warning it will appear dead sometimes the blue backlight when you press the touch buttons when trying to start it up i get so riled i feel like crushing or throwing the thing. many times i've charged it it'll work for a day or 2 or a complete charge dies within hours of that charge.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 6:48 PM Post #8,097 of 8,127
F.AUDIO Firmwares :
T3 : T3_V8.3_20240131
FA4 : FA4_V8.1_20221207
I'm intersted in getting the FA4, but i have heard when going to the next song you can hear crackling and clicking sound. Is this fixed or not? because i had a usb dac with the same problem and it made me insane, i had to return it. I've been reading discussions about the FA4 and people mentioned if you have more than 3000 songs you start having problems, is this true? the hardware is very good for the price but i see a lot of software issues. Also, i noticed the firmware you posted is v8.1, and while i was searching i found a v9.2, is there a reason to use older versions?

Apr 2, 2024 at 10:28 AM Post #8,098 of 8,127
I'm intersted in getting the FA4, but i have heard when going to the next song you can hear crackling and clicking sound. Is this fixed or not? because i had a usb dac with the same problem and it made me insane, i had to return it. I've been reading discussions about the FA4 and people mentioned if you have more than 3000 songs you start having problems, is this true? the hardware is very good for the price but i see a lot of software issues. Also, i noticed the firmware you posted is v8.1, and while i was searching i found a v9.2, is there a reason to use older versions?
I have FA4 and I don't have any problems when skiping to another song and I am very satisfied sometimes the player blocks but long press on power solves everything. As for the firmware where did you find that there is version 9.2 because when I almost asked the seller he told me that there is no newer version than 8.1

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #8,100 of 8,127
Innoasis Android iPod inspired player. TRN MT4 IEM's
1000005289.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back