Obscure Chinese DAPs
Dec 26, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #5,477 of 8,152
I doubt anyone has compared the two. Why waste your time buying old daps/technology?

I do not have those daps and I assume that you don't either but I would not just dismiss them like that. There are many older daps that are totally relevant today. Tech has not changed that much. Let someone who is familiar with the daps in question comment.

Dec 26, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #5,478 of 8,152
I do not have those daps and I assume that you don't either but I would not just dismiss them like that. There are many older daps that are totally relevant today. Tech has not changed that much. Let someone who is familiar with the daps in question comment.
Comment and compare them to newer DAP's too. :wink: Shanling M0, etc.

Dec 27, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #5,481 of 8,152
I want something with physical buttons, line out and USB DAC. Is there anything newer that isn't ugly and fits these requirements?

Xduoo X20 and Xduoo X3ii. I bought the X20 to replace both my FiiO X1 and Sony Walkman NW-A35 and I’m quite happy with the X20.

It has 3.5mm headphone out, a separate 3.5mm shared line out / coaxial out, and a 2.5mm balanced out as well, and can be used as a USB DAC.

The X3ii has 3.5mm headphone out and 3.5mm line out, and can be used as a USB DAC as well, and is cheaper, but I don’t have any personal experience with the X3ii.

X20:

5EB6B6AC-C6F3-4559-95E4-6F574A89CA6E.jpeg 89A9C4BC-F8D4-4C69-BCB3-215B66D6B1E3.jpeg

Dec 31, 2018 at 3:07 AM Post #5,483 of 8,152
anyone had a chance to play with the XDUOO X10-TII? I took delivery a few days ago (super-fast shipping via DHL from Hong Kong to New York!). Liking it very much so far, paired with a Mojo > Focal Elegias. Also taps very nicely into my Oppo UDP-203. Haven't yet tried the bluetooth feature.

Dec 31, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #5,484 of 8,152
I want something with physical buttons, line out and USB DAC. Is there anything newer that isn't ugly and fits these requirements?

Sure the xDuoo X20 is a great option, I would like to own it. I only have the xDuoo X3II which I think is a great option too, and cheaper.

You can find my review about the xDuoo X3II here on head-fi.org.

Dec 31, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #5,485 of 8,152
Does gapless work? I got the original X10T and gapless did not work. It was a mess of a product. I assume this is a big improvement.

Any chance of getting a Rockbox port for the X10TII? That would get me interested!

anyone had a chance to play with the XDUOO X10-TII? I took delivery a few days ago (super-fast shipping via DHL from Hong Kong to New York!). Liking it very much so far, paired with a Mojo > Focal Elegias. Also taps very nicely into my Oppo UDP-203. Haven't yet tried the bluetooth feature.

Jan 1, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #5,486 of 8,152
Good question, I'd been listening to mostly classical music, so I had not really tested gapless play.. I'm testing it now with DSOTM, and yes gapless works flawlessly.

Jan 4, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #5,487 of 8,152
Jan 4, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #5,488 of 8,152
Why waste your time buying old daps/technology?
Because matured FW (sometimes even new fuctions that weren`t there at release)? Because physical buttons? Because of replaceable batteries and longer playtime due to that?
Because one doesn`t care about album art and its size on screen? Because it works flawlessly? Because it has fanbase that have done lot of FW and HW modifications?
Because of spare parts for broken unit? Because that source DAP sound signature and amping fits perfect with his/her IEM/Headphone?

There are many reasons...
Would I buy new Subaru Impreza instead my 2001 one (what I could get for a fraction of money of new one)?
No. There are lot of fan/userbase to it and lot of cheap spareparts. It has done 310 000km for now and still going strong.
I`ve had to fix only few times with minor issues (quite typical service stuff). New Impreza has a lot of electronical stuff which I couldn`t fix/locate problem when it breaks down and all that service would cost me a lot. I would rather stick with "barebone" old impreza and buy another one for spare parts if needed.

I Hope You got my point. Always running for new tech isn`t rational for wallet and if You REALLY LIKE Your old tech and it WORKS - then why to run for new? Just so You can say "I have new/newer than Yours"? Not my life philosophy.

I would buy DX50 anytime again from sales thread with lot cheaper price (even with HW upgrades involved) than newer DAPs.
Of course I would like to have DX120 atm but my DX5X still goes strong and it has all the quircks and requirements I need.

Same thing with IEMs/Headphones. When someone has found his/her perfect sound with all the gear - should You run for new tech? LOL NO!

Nowdays it`s kind of "sickness" to get everything new & "better"!

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #5,489 of 8,152
Does anyone know more about this one, seem like completly modular design from xuelin.
http://www.i-hifi.com/list/?121_1.html
15323162173241865.jpg
15323162371428571.jpg

Oh man I need that DAP, my xuelin ihifi990 is still my favourite DAP out of all the expensive ones I have. I just upgraded the caps and bypassed the relay in it the other day (info in ihifi990 thread). I will do a new firmware theme for it soon too.

Good find. I also want a H6 ihifi1969 next to it.
Even more pics on the link you posted :L3000:

Jan 4, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #5,490 of 8,152
Any chance that some of these obscure chinese DAP brands might have what I'm looking for? A DAP that features:
  • USB Type C
  • 15+ Hour battery life (so maybe something without a screen or a big screen)
  • Replaceable battery
Sort of bugged by the tech market right now. I'd like to purchase something and have it last 5+ years. But with battery degradation some of these popular players with 7+ hours battery life is going to be almost useless after 3 years of charge / recharge cycle. And I don't really like big screens / phone look or touch interface...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back