Obscure Chinese DAPs
Dec 18, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #5,462 of 8,093
They do sound a bit strange at first but you get used to it. I can still understand and retain the information at 5x speed but it's rare to be able to play that fast.
Hot damn I've never heard of people being able to speed listen before.

Do you by any chance talk faster than normal people do?

Dec 19, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #5,465 of 8,093
I know it's not a DAP, just a DAC/Amp, but I'm really impressed with the quality of its sound, in just two hours has displaced my FX-Audio DAC-X6 with OpAmps v5i Burson Audio and the Fiio Q1 Mk1 used as a DAC connected to my PC.

Audiodirect Beam:

Mosaico-Beam-2.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #5,469 of 8,093
Looking for something to play audiobooks on.

Good luck with that. Best bet is a full fat android player (hiby r6/pro, ibasso dx150 and so on). Without the ability to either bookmark or have a resume option, unless they are very short audiobooks it's a bit of a pita tbh!

Dec 22, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #5,470 of 8,093
Good luck with that. Best bet is a full fat android player (hiby r6/pro, ibasso dx150 and so on). Without the ability to either bookmark or have a resume option, unless they are very short audiobooks it's a bit of a pita tbh!

I'm beginning to think you may be correct. I have a Benjie S5(Bluetooth version) that's supposed to have variable speed playback but the screen just freezes anytime I try to use that!

I have the Hiby R6 as my main player but would require a 256gb card or more to fit all the music + audiobooks on it. Plus I don't really want to risk it out in the garden cutting the lawn, digging holes, fixing fences, etc.

I had the fiio X5iii but the audible app just wouldn't work on it.

Anyway, first world problems I suppose!

Dec 22, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #5,471 of 8,093
Isn't it amazing that we need to go to the highest end of the modern DAP market to duplicate the functions of a $40 player from 2007?

Dec 22, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #5,472 of 8,093
Isn't it amazing that we need to go to the highest end of the modern DAP market to duplicate the functions of a $40 player from 2007?

Bloody depressing more like! Still it does save me time and money. If I know it doesn't do audiobook support, I don't buy it. What's more depressing is that the one player I would buy in a heartbeat (apple ipod touch 128) is banned at work for cameras :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back