Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jan 6, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #5,509 of 8,093
Jan 7, 2019 at 3:22 AM Post #5,512 of 8,093
Anybody jumped on this one yet? Link.

woby.jpg

Jan 7, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #5,514 of 8,093
It looks pretty but at that price I would want some kind of Bluetooth functionality and I can't justify buying anything without USB-C in 2019.
USB-C I agree should be the standard already but to be honest it's not a deal-breaker for me. Bluetooth is definitely becoming a staple but I have other devices with that functionality if needed.

Jan 7, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #5,517 of 8,093
Looks nice, but I'd see myself throwing it at a wall trying to use that tiny touch screen. That's the reason I have no interest in those new Shanlings.

+1 on this ... I can’t do tiny touch screens. That’s one reason why I use my Apple Watch as minimally as possible. I’m glad I have it for Apple Pay, for Microsoft Authenticator, as a fitness watch, to pause play, track navigation, and the occasional phone call when my phone is out of reach, but these all require very minimal touch interaction. I rarely do anything with it beyond that because of the tiny screen.

I would hate to try to use a DAP with a screen that’s really not much bigger. I have big hands.

Jan 20, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #5,520 of 8,093
Waypod D6

If you are familiar with the Ruizu A60 then the best way to describe the Waypod D6 is “a bigger A60 with a few changes to accommodate a touch sensitive UI”.

Many of the screens are identical even the “SEE YOU” when you turn off and all the EQ screens and settings. The main differences are the size and the much bigger battery in the Waypod (800mAh in the Ruizu, 1400mAh in the Waypod).

The Ui is very simple and there are few settings so it’s just a basic player and nothing like as sophisticated as DAPs from Shanling or Hidizs for example.

I’d accumulated some credits on AliExpress and purchased when it was discounted but I can’t recommend it at full price. The build quality is excellent with glass front and back. It was delivered very quickly as it arrived exactly ten days after ordering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back