Obscure Chinese DAPs
Dec 16, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #5,446 of 8,093
Do any of these new or upcoming chi-fi DAPs come with a 2.5mm or 4.4mm balanced port?

Dec 16, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #5,448 of 8,093
Guys, having no gapless support means that the player will play a gapless album as if it wasn't gapless, or it will not play it at all?

Assuming that the album is actually several individual files (the usual one-song-per-file method), not having gapless playback usually means there is a half-second bit of silence between each track.

Dec 16, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #5,449 of 8,093
Assuming that the album is actually several individual files (the usual one-song-per-file method), not having gapless playback usually means there is a half-second bit of silence between each track.
Yes, the album is multiple individual files. I will probably get the Zishan DSD, and as I have several gapless albums, this is something I was worried about. Anyway, thanks a lot.

Dec 17, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #5,453 of 8,093
After now using Hidiz AP60 PRO awhile I must say it sounds pretty good and has great battery life. I got it so cheap at $89 so keeping it just for Streaming Spotify to it makes it worthwhile. Its pretty close in size to Ear Studio piece do its a breeze to carry and bonus is DAP capability.
I changed my mind and sent it back, the sudden end of year Fiio M6 release caught my attention....I’ll be trying one out next after refund happens!!!

Dec 17, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #5,454 of 8,093
I changed my mind and sent it back, the sudden end of year Fiio M6 release caught my attention....I’ll be trying one out next after refund happens!!!

You got yours and sent it back before I got mine... my AP60 Pro is due to be delivered tomorrow. 'Course, I am likely going to sell the lovely but hard-to-control (for me) Cayin N3 after only having it < 2 weeks.... since the AP60 Pro is incoming tomorrow and the Xudoo X20 I scored on eBay for < $130 is coming next week. :D

I might have gone overboard on DAP's lately...

Dec 17, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #5,455 of 8,093
Both the M7 and AP60 PRO both were doomed by their firmware......M7 was on its 3rd firmware update and getting worse not better and every firmware file on the hidiz 60 PRO was a beta release, all of them. I’m an older cat and long for-the days when stuff worked correctly when you purchased it!
Everything is a work in progress........but my wallet. Imagine if consumers said “well it almost works so I’ll give you half of your asking price”.
We’d be laughed at continuously.

Dec 18, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #5,459 of 8,093
They do sound a bit strange at first but you get used to it. I can still understand and retain the information at 5x speed but it's rare to be able to play that fast.

I don't think I could listen that fast! LOL
The strangeness of the voice would REALLY bother me. I don't think I could relax and enjoy the book. Actually, I don't really enjoy being read to.. would much rather read the printed page myself... either a paper book or an e-reader. Hmmm, I wonder if there are e-readers that also do audio files in the way that you want.

Dec 18, 2018 at 5:34 AM Post #5,460 of 8,093
I don't think I could listen that fast! LOL
The strangeness of the voice would REALLY bother me. I don't think I could relax and enjoy the book. Actually, I don't really enjoy being read to.. would much rather read the printed page myself... either a paper book or an e-reader. Hmmm, I wonder if there are e-readers that also do audio files in the way that you want.

I prefer to read it myself too but I simply don't have enough time to read all that I want to read. I do, however, have a significant commute to work plus sometimes my work is solo and repetitive enough to take in a book while doing it.

The Kindle can read the text to you in a robotic voice at up to 4x speed but it's a bit cumbersome to carry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back