Obscure Chinese DAPs
Oct 11, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #5,236 of 8,150
How does Colorfly c200 sound? Forgetting the features and issues, on sound point, is it good as a FiiO x5 atleast? Did anyone try a c200 against a c10 against the popular $ 200 players?

Reviewed it a few years ago, here. I remember it was bright, interesting design (well, different for sure), but it lacked a lot of common features and I don't think fw ever go updated (still work in progress). Haven't listen to it since review, probably somewhere in the box, need to charge it up to refresh my mind.

Oct 11, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #5,237 of 8,150
Reviewed it a few years ago, here. I remember it was bright, interesting design (well, different for sure), but it lacked a lot of common features and I don't think fw ever go updated (still work in progress). Haven't listen to it since review, probably somewhere in the box, need to charge it up to refresh my mind.
I would be grateful if you can compare it against something in 200 bucks range. To say, the c10 and c200 are available in many websites for half of their original price. Thought it would be a deal for now.

Oct 13, 2018 at 4:33 AM Post #5,239 of 8,150
Hi,
i have the Agptek H3. It has USB OTG, does that mean i can use it with an external DAC/AMP via USB?

With my DAPs OTG means I can connect a usb flash drive to play more music... using an adapter.

I just looked at the H3 on Amazon and it says this...

Multiple Connection Ways
Thanks to the built-in mini-USB On The Go (OTG) port, it can read tracks and data from OTG devices; under USB/DAC mode, the player can be used as a computer decoding amp; with the lineout port it can be connected with amp like car stereo and home audio.

It seems like a very nice DAP.

This is my Cayin N3 using the OTG function. That is a regular USB 256GB flash drive attached. This one uses USB C but you can also get adapters for micro USB.

R0012798.JPG

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #5,240 of 8,150
Hello everyone,
Can someone please help me with the latest firmware for Ruizu A50?
Tried on the Baidu site but could not download it from there for various reasons: not able to create an account with an UK phone number, network errors or getting "Dear, Baidu network disk is being upgraded... Please forgive us for the inconvenience, we will come back later".
Maybe someone that already downloaded the files and can share it somehow.
I can PM my email address if someone on this forum is so kind to send that firmware to me.
Thank you.

Oct 26, 2018 at 3:17 AM Post #5,241 of 8,150
Good day
I am looking for a inexpensive dap with line out so I can listen portable then plug into aux in the car. Am looking at the dodocool a106, Agptek h1 etc only thing about those is lack of firmware and age. anything else I should be looking at in this price range ? Many thanks

Oct 26, 2018 at 5:34 AM Post #5,242 of 8,150
Hello everyone,
Can someone please help me with the latest firmware for Ruizu A50?
Tried on the Baidu site but could not download it from there for various reasons: not able to create an account with an UK phone number, network errors or getting "Dear, Baidu network disk is being upgraded... Please forgive us for the inconvenience, we will come back later".
Maybe someone that already downloaded the files and can share it somehow.
I can PM my email address if someone on this forum is so kind to send that firmware to me.
Thank you.
Maybe message the seller you got it off? not sure with this one.

Oct 26, 2018 at 5:36 AM Post #5,243 of 8,150
Good day
I am looking for a inexpensive dap with line out so I can listen portable then plug into aux in the car. Am looking at the dodocool a106, Agptek h1 etc only thing about those is lack of firmware and age. anything else I should be looking at in this price range ? Many thanks
Might be worth picking up a Hidizs AP80. they recently finished their kickstarter but it looks like it might kill the Shanling M0 and Cayin N3 :p.

Oct 26, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #5,245 of 8,150
ok so the USB broke on another cheapo DAP i got from aliexpress. obviously the reviews on that site are all fake. this was after the headphone jack semi broke. all within a year or less, and hardly used it for a few months.

in this situation, i listen to most of my music in cars, so i am trying to think of what i should buy to replace it. maybe a usb stick.

the best value for cost i know of is my rockbox. i dont have a smart phone.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #5,249 of 8,150
awesome thanks again GuywhoLikesHIFI. am torn between the ap60ii and the new ap80. quite like the size of the ap60. hence why i was looking at dodocool etc...
also, do you have a recommendation for something cheap and sounds decent. with a screen to easily view whats playing in a car for example. asking a lot i know lol coming from a sansa clip? around $30 or so. been looking at things like benjie x1, benjie k3? agptek? maybe you know something that has a more frequent firmware as those models are pretty old now? kind regards

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #5,250 of 8,150

Users who are viewing this thread

Back