Obscure Chinese DAPs
Dec 7, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #1,757 of 8,127
YES!!!! I finally have my Walnut v2.... complete with 8gb card of chinese music... christmas came early 
biggrin.gif

I am happy for you! 

Dec 7, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #1,758 of 8,127
  I am happy for you! 

Thanks bro! 
beerchug.gif

I have a sheet of silicone bumps so I put some on bottom to help keep it stabilized on a table, or prevent that awful metal scratching sound when stacking with an amp :)

Haven't tried LO at all yet, I'm still working my way through the card of Chinese tunes while converting my FLAC to WAV :)

(BTW, pro tip for any who find copying to a card for this device tedious, something like Total Commander which lets you queue  more files for copy is very helpful, so you can keep adding stuff to the queue and know it'll copy in the order you want.)

Dec 7, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #1,760 of 8,127
Gongrats! Pls share some brief impressions about the walnut sound I hope u like it!

Well these are some very initial impressions as I've listened to about 10 Chinese songs I didn't know before, and the first thing I tried out on my own card was some music I recorded myself.

All I have to say is that I am shocked at how impressed I am with the sound quality coming out of this little guy. I think I only hear my own recordings with such clarity when I use my very best DACs and gear. This allows a level of transparency, energy and detail that is simply ridiculous at this price.

I will most certainly be making a formal review of this DAP sooner or later.

Dec 7, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #1,762 of 8,127
  Well these are some very initial impressions as I've listened to about 10 Chinese songs I didn't know before, and the first thing I tried out on my own card was some music I recorded myself.

All I have to say is that I am shocked at how impressed I am with the sound quality coming out of this little guy. I think I only hear my own recordings with such clarity when I use my very best DACs and gear. This allows a level of transparency, energy and detail that is simply ridiculous at this price.

I will most certainly be making a formal review of this DAP sooner or later.

The stock opamp sure does sound great for exposing details, often songs sound a bit different than i am used to . Good thing I kept one stock :)

See if you notice any subtle changes  on the caps.

So are you bothering with EQ on the JVC's now? Always been curious about those models.

Dec 7, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #1,763 of 8,127

The stock opamp sure does sound great for exposing details, often songs sound a bit different than i am used to . Good thing I kept one stock :)

See if you notice any subtle changes  on the caps.

So are you bothering with EQ on the JVC's now? Always been curious about those models.

I think I am waiting for my second to arrive before I start messing with opamps. I am super thrilled with the sound as is.

By the caps do you mean changing the capacitors used or am I misunderstanding?

I always EQ all my headphones but do my EQing to make my SZ2000 sound best and use that on everything else really 
wink.gif
 the only times I am not using EQ are on players like this which have no EQ option (I still want to know if the 3 band EQ is real on this? anyone figured out?

Dec 7, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #1,764 of 8,127
  Thanks bro! 
beerchug.gif

I have a sheet of silicone bumps so I put some on bottom to help keep it stabilized on a table, or prevent that awful metal scratching sound when stacking with an amp :)

Haven't tried LO at all yet, I'm still working my way through the card of Chinese tunes while converting my FLAC to WAV :)

(BTW, pro tip for any who find copying to a card for this device tedious, something like Total Commander which lets you queue  more files for copy is very helpful, so you can keep adding stuff to the queue and know it'll copy in the order you want.)

Forgot to mention I am also jealous. Cool bumps!

Dec 7, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #1,765 of 8,127
I just mean  if you notice anything  different as the stock caps  run a bit longer.
 3 band eq maybe that is a bad  or mis-translation they might have been talking about  the ranges  bass/mids/treble  is my guess but heck if you find out let us know.

Did you try holding down either side button  to increase or decrease max volume limits yet?

I'd think the power in it would be controlling the JVC drivers better too.

Dec 7, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #1,766 of 8,127
  I just mean  if you notice anything  different as the stock caps  run a bit longer.
 3 band eq maybe that is a bad  or mis-translation they might have been talking about  the ranges  bass/mids/treble  is my guess but heck if you find out let us know.

Did you try holding down either side button  to increase or decrease max volume limits yet?

I'd think the power in it would be controlling the JVC drivers better too.

Oh I see! yes i have actually been messing with turning down the digital volume so i can put more power to the output and that's when they really  REALLY sing 
basshead.gif

Dec 7, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #1,767 of 8,127
Oh I see! yes i have actually been messing with turning down the digital volume so i can put more power to the output and that's when they really  REALLY sing :basshead:

The fact that this little guy will drive full size phones is awesome! Mine was dispatched from Hong Kong today!

Dec 7, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #1,768 of 8,127
Do the walnut have the feature to switch to next album/folder play? Or just operating through songs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back