Obscure Chinese DAPs
Dec 8, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #1,775 of 8,150
No problem! I got some minor headaches until I figured that out! I use Foobar2000 and have multiple conversions presets depending which DAP or USB I'm copying to. Very helpful and efficient!

Thanks again. Used dbPowerAmp's windows explorer extension to easily and quickly remove all tags and art from the WAVs. No static anymore here. Just hours on hours of uninterrupted listening. 

I needed a screenless DAP more than I realized cause i spend too much time in menus not paying attention to the music. have not even tried MP3 with it yet?! But I still don't think that alone explains why it sounds so good. It sounds too good.

the only pain now is trying to get to an album in the middle of the list.... maybe a future firmware update will include some trick to jump folders? :wink:

Dec 8, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #1,780 of 8,150
Dec 8, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #1,782 of 8,150
  Seems to have a lot of functions. I'm usually wary of that. When you try to do too much you end up with a lot of mediocrity. Hope I'm wrong.

AS you know the opposite is true with the Walnut 
biggrin.gif
 No features, astounding sound!

Man I'm not even excited for my Zishan to get here anymore!

Dec 8, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #1,785 of 8,150
Is walnut player just hype because of the price or is it actually good? I've fallen for too much chi-fi hype on head-fi before to know that its mainly the low price that gets people excited. Can the walnut player actually compete in terms of sound with, say the fiio x3 or similar entry level daps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back