Obscure Chinese DAPs
Dec 9, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #1,801 of 8,152

I've seen it for US$569 on AliExpress.

They have a cheaper one, the D3, which costs $314.10 on AliExpress.

When I did my research (I am writing a review on the SHD5), I saw a model called "SHD10" that has got a headphone amp stage as well, however I haven't seen it for sale anywhere.

The SHD5 doesn't have a headphone output but needs to be connected to an external DAC/power amp/headphone amp (so I cannot say anything about the output impedance - I could connect an adapter to the output stage, however I don't want to damage/grill it because of a potential short caused by connecting a low impedance load to it). The nice thing is that its analogue section has got a built-in 100 step volume control, so it can also be used as a pre-amp with loudspeakers.

Hell yeah, I love it as a desktop audio player.

Ok, I see, I thought those two little holes on the bottom/left/front were headphones outs.

Be nice seeing something like this (or a transport) for desktop applications in a smaller form with common digital outputs.

The remote control almost had me sold as well. 

Dec 9, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #1,802 of 8,152

Ok, I see, I thought those two little holes on the bottom/left/front were headphones outs.

Ah, no, those are the status indicator LED and IR receiver.

Be nice seeing something like this (or a transport) for desktop applications in a smaller form with common digital outputs.

I guess that would be the D3 or something custom-made with the Raspberry Pi. Too bad the Logitech Squeezebox Touch isn't made anymore.

Dec 9, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #1,803 of 8,152

Ah, no, those are the status indicator LED and IR receiver.

I guess that would be the D3 or something custom-made with the Raspberry Pi. Too bad the Logitech Squeezebox Touch isn't made anymore.

Its hard to tell how big the unit is, any pictures with a DAP next to it, maybe DX90?

Dec 9, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #1,806 of 8,152

The remote control almost had me sold as well. 

Check my review of the D3S. It's a transport with digital outs. At the bottom of the review there's a picture with some headphones and irDAC-ii where you can get an idea of the scale.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/shinrico-d3s-digital-turntable-transport/reviews/17345

Also for the SHD10 I can't find it on AE either but there are plenty on taobao:

https://www.taobao.com/product/%E9%A6%A8%E7%9D%BF%E7%A7%91shd10%E6%92%AD%E6%94%BE%E5%99%A8.htm

Dec 9, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #1,809 of 8,152
  Check my review of the D3S. It's a transport with digital outs. At the bottom of the review there's a picture with some headphones and irDAC-ii where you can get an idea of the scale.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/shinrico-d3s-digital-turntable-transport/reviews/17345

Also for the SHD10 I can't find it on AE either but there are plenty on taobao:

https://www.taobao.com/product/%E9%A6%A8%E7%9D%BF%E7%A7%91shd10%E6%92%AD%E6%94%BE%E5%99%A8.htm

Have you ever used the SHD10? It looks rad.

Dec 9, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #1,810 of 8,152
Smart D200 player vs Zishan? Can the first be used as USB DAC?

The d200 sounds a fair bit better than the zishan, more natural and nuanced, but the d200 UI is a let down, the zishan has more features and is snappier to use. The d200 doesnt have EQ or usb dac or native DSD like zishan.

Maybe the upgraded zishan can somewhat catch up to the d200, but I would guess not totally, because d200 is unique in it's 7.3v dac voltage, balanced dac output and class A amp output, the zishan doesn't have these 3 features.

I will do a comparison later but will be in few days.

Dec 9, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #1,811 of 8,152
  Have you ever used the SHD10? It looks rad.

I haven't tried the SHD10 but I really want one. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #1,812 of 8,152
Subscribed. Moving over from the chinese brand iem thread because I will be focusing more of my budget on DAPs and DACs. Currently considering the Walnut V2 to pair with my Tennmak Crazy Cellos. Tbh my crazy cellos already sounds good with my LG V20 but I just want to test out different gear. Was considering the Zorloo ZuperDac. Any comparisons between the Walnut and ZuperDac just soundwise? I am leaning more towards the Walnut because I heard I could change the sound of the walnut just by op rolling.

Dec 10, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #1,814 of 8,152
Dec 11, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #1,815 of 8,152
Yesterday I pulled out my Benjie K9 for a spin and have been using it all today. I'm amazed this thing didn't gain more popularity here, it's such a good unit. Meanwhile my FiiO X1ii is gathering dust because it's such a frustrating b***h to use and I only been using it for the line-out now and occasionally Bluetooth.

Really hoping the MROBO C5 ticks all the boxes for me, otherwise I'll stick to the Benjie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back