Obscure Chinese DAPs
Dec 4, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #1,726 of 8,095
hi guys,
I've been listening my music through my smartphone via spotify, did it makes the sound quality better if I using a dap?
I'm interested with Benjie S5 or X2. Or any another recommendation?
the iems that I frequently use are ZS3 and ATR.

Thanks in advance! :)

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #1,727 of 8,095
hi guys,
I've been listening my music through my smartphone via spotify, did it makes the sound quality better if I using a dap?

Thanks in advance!
smily_headphones1.gif

Unless your smartphone is many years ago or something, it probably is just as good as any budget DAP. 
You aren't going to hear a significant improvement until you spend upwards of $70, so like an Xduoo X3 or something.

Dec 5, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #1,728 of 8,095
  Unless your smartphone is many years ago or something, it probably is just as good as any budget DAP. 
You aren't going to hear a significant improvement until you spend upwards of $70, so like an Xduoo X3 or something.

I agree.

Xduoo X3, Ihifi 800 and Fiio X1/X1-2 is where the difference is really perceived.

I had Xduoo X2 and Ihifi 770C NEW, which are arguably better than most smartphones, but their controls and lags are making them less favorable options than smartphone.

I've heard some good feedback regarding Newsmy G1,  but I never owned or touched one.

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:02 AM Post #1,729 of 8,095
  I agree.

Xduoo X3, Ihifi 800 and Fiio X1/X1-2 is where the difference is really perceived.

I had Xduoo X2 and Ihifi 770C NEW, which are arguably better than most smartphones, but their controls and lags are making them less favorable options than smartphone.

I've heard some good feedback regarding Newsmy G1,  but I never owned or touched one.

I recognized the Newsmy name from a previous  player which was unobtainable by the time I found out about it. The G1 is super intriguing as it has dual wolfson DACs. so I would assume it is a dual mono config? That would be amazing and I'd love to buy it. Not the biggest fan of the wolfson chipset, but might be a little more flexible than an ipod mini as a daily device. Not that the Mini has dual mono.

I always liked the look of Ihifi 800. But I already have LG V10 which uses the same DAC chip, and it is really really good. If I didn't own a V10 I would get myself an Ihifi 800. I had a X1 and thought the X3 killed it. 

Dec 5, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #1,730 of 8,095
hi guys,

Thanks in advance!
smily_headphones1.gif

If you want small on a budget then S5 or X2 are great choices (I have both). Otherwise as the others said, more cash, X3 , FiiO etc.

Dec 5, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #1,732 of 8,095
Dec 5, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #1,734 of 8,095

I used Google Translate. It basically says , it sounds good for the price which is around EUR 60.

Is it compared to another player? Where can it be bought?

Dec 5, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #1,736 of 8,095
Haha argh. Missed delivery of the Walnut while I was at work today. can't pick up until after 6pm tomorrow! :frowning2:

That is terrible! A whole night wasted! At least you know it's within grasp. Mine is somewhere between Hong Kong and my house via AliExpress Standard Shipping so I don't think I'll get any notice until it arrives.

Dec 5, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #1,737 of 8,095
That is terrible! A whole night wasted! At least you know it's within grasp. Mine is somewhere between Hong Kong and my house via AliExpress Standard Shipping so I don't think I'll get any notice until it arrives.

Well, I see you are in the USA too. If yours is also coming by Singapore Post (that was what I got for Ali standard shipping too) it'll probably be registered mail which means you gotta sign for it on delivery or you get one of those slips for scheduling a redelivery or to bring it to the post office and claim it.

Either way there was no tracking once it arrived in the USA so I am just glad to know it's nearby.

I did show up at the post office to try and grab it tonight. hehe. they were not happy cause it says "pick up on the 6th or later"

Dec 5, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #1,738 of 8,095
Well, I see you are in the USA too. If yours is also coming by Singapore Post (that was what I got for Ali standard shipping too) it'll probably be registered mail which means you gotta sign for it on delivery or you get one of those slips for scheduling a redelivery or to bring it to the post office and claim it.

Either way there was no tracking once it arrived in the USA so I am just glad to know it's nearby.

I did show up at the post office to try and grab it tonight. hehe. they were not happy cause it says "pick up on the 6th or later"

If they knew what wonder was in that little package they would understand! :)

Dec 5, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #1,739 of 8,095
  Haha argh. Missed delivery of the Walnut while I was at work today. can't pick up until after 6pm tomorrow! 
frown.gif

I received my backup Walnut's today, listening to the included Chinese music, pretty nice! Also I actually found the stock opamp is one of the best for this type of vocal/acoustic music, don't be too quick to swap it out!

Dec 5, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #1,740 of 8,095

I received my backup Walnut's today, listening to the included Chinese music, pretty nice! Also I actually found the stock opamp is one of the best for this type of vocal/acoustic music, don't be too quick to swap it out!

I'm going to leave the stock opamp for at least a month before swapping. If my second walnut gets here before then, i'll leave one stock and do my opamp swapping in the other.

I really really hope I get that Chinese music. Praying even. So don't get rid of that music, just in case :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back