Obscure Chinese DAPs
Nov 20, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #1,591 of 8,152
  Woah! I hope I got a card full of Chinese music! Would be too awesome :)

You'll love it
biggrin.gif

Nov 20, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #1,592 of 8,152
  You'll love it
biggrin.gif

I'm probably equally excited for that as the DAP itself. so if it doesn't come with a card of music I will cry.

Anyone got any tips on file management with the Walnut though? Does it do alphabetical order, like i could make "A" through "Z" folders and expect it to go thru them in that order...

Nov 20, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #1,593 of 8,152
  I'm probably equally excited for that as the DAP itself. so if it doesn't come with a card of music I will cry.

Anyone got any tips on file management with the Walnut though? Does it do alphabetical order, like i could make "A" through "Z" folders and expect it to go thru them in that order...

Ebay one didn't come with that BTW

Nov 21, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #1,598 of 8,152

I think there is no alphabetical order at all, just the same order that you load the files in the card - in the zishan as well...- totally old school here......-

Nov 21, 2016 at 5:34 AM Post #1,600 of 8,152
there´re many software to sort files in the way you want on a FAT file system that that´s not a problem to me. What I miss more (in the zishan) is the lack of playlist support and/or the possibility to add a song to favorites at least​

Nov 21, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #1,601 of 8,152
I used Drivesort in the past. Then reverted to adding files, then swapping them all out at once into a different folder in the SD card, then back out to the main section of the card again seems to sort things. though sometimes the contents of the folders stays goofy.
Lots of experience as the Colorfly C3 is the same way.
If there is a better filesorter do tell.

Nov 21, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #1,602 of 8,152
I used Drivesort in the past. Then reverted to adding files, then swapping them all out at once into a different folder in the SD card, then back out to the main section of the card again seems to sort things. though sometimes the contents of the folders stays goofy.

I have a c3 as well and I use Foobar2000 to convert into a single WAV file with cue. I only have to DriveSort a couple folders instead of each album then folder. Greatly reduced my work load! You could do this with playlists as well although I don't.

Nov 22, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #1,603 of 8,152
It looks like our friends at Xuelin are preparing to soon release a somewhat minimalist hi-res player; they've named this one the 780...  No real information, except that they will release before the end of this yr.  Here are a few pictures: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4861397143

Nov 22, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #1,604 of 8,152

fatsort is excellent but offers no gui. ZTreeWin is good too.

Nov 22, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #1,605 of 8,152

I like the look of that Xuelin 780. A pure DAP without all the other crap on it. No fancy touch screen etc..., just a minimalist readout and mechanical buttons. Yes! Put the money into the electronics to be a good player and not charge a small fortune for it. Whatever happened to simple?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back