Obscure Chinese DAPs
Nov 16, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #1,563 of 8,123
Zishan dsd or xduoo x10?

Zishan has better output buffer, native dsd, dual crystal oscillators, better caps, more power output, rollable LPF, analog volume, coaxial out.

X10 has muses8920, nicer exterior, dual sd card, digital volume, optical out.

Based on their circuits I would go for the Zishan. But sound is subjective, I can't say which you would prefer.

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #1,564 of 8,123
0.4d update log:
1. Fixed some ape rustle problem
2. Increase exfat support to support more than 4G files, large-capacity card no longer need to format
3. Increase the multi-channel wav support
4. Fixed deleted files crash problem
5. Increase USB sound card stability
6. Increase the stability of hot-swappable TF card
and many more

Also need to do:
1. Play the interface long text scroll
2. Increase the AAC format support
and many more

I believe made larger cards compatible with it in an earlier update, I'll test this with my 64gb card later today

Thanks! :) interested in this dap, either x10 or zishan 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #1,567 of 8,123
Xduoo has some really good specs with that AKM4990 and Muses OPAMP (same chips as Shanling M5) and a "nicer" finish. Tough fight these days for our money!

Zishan has better output buffer, native dsd, dual crystal oscillators, better caps, more power output, rollable LPF, analog volume, coaxial out.

X10 has muses8920, nicer exterior, dual sd card, digital volume, optical out.

Based on their circuits I would go for the Zishan. But sound is subjective, I can't say which you would prefer.

The best chip x10 or zishan?
for a more warm sound and superior bass?
Sorry for my bad english

Nov 16, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #1,568 of 8,123
The best chip x10 or zishan?
for a more warm sound and superior bass?
Sorry for my bad english

The dac chips are practically the same, but AK4495SEQ is newer and has a few extra pro audio features. Imo these AKM dac chips are better than the dacs from other makers, they just sound "right".

I haven't heard X10 so can't I comment on it's sound, but I know X10 uses muses8920 as amp and LMH6643 as buffer, in a generic setup this combo should result in a smoother presentation, somewhat rolled off sounding highs, and less defined bass, basically a lusher sound, kinda similar to Fiio house sound, while the Zishan leans towards a more neutral and defined or drier sound with OP275 and BUF634. Personally I'm not a fan of the sound of Muses8920 used as amp, imo it only sounds great used as IV and LPF, so I personally would not buy X10 for that reason, but again, that is just my sound preference.

The great thing about the Zishan is that even though it has a neutral presentation it has bass in spades, it kicks hard and deep, if it had any more bass it would sound like beats. The Zishan has rollable LPF, you can customize the sound presentation, it will still always be neutral due to the Zishans circuit design, but for example if you switch LPF to Muses01 the sound is denser, more controlled, laid back in tone, thicker bass (less slam, more body), thicker mids (less upfront, deeper and richer), highs are more sparkly with better timbre, while the stock LME49720 is upfront, energetic, cooler in tone, upper mids and vocals jump out at you in a good way, bass slams and highs are in line with mids and bass, timbre is generic.

The sound is still neutral in balance for both setups, and both setups keep the Zishan's hard hitting bass and extended highs, but each setup leans to a different genre, the Muses01 is better for jazz, acoustic, the LME49720 is better for rock, pop, but because it is always neutral in balance it sounds excellent with everything from electronic to classical no matter the LPF choice. What genre music are you primarily concerned with?

In the end I cannot tell you which one you would actually prefer, nor have I heard the X10, or have any plans to.

Nov 16, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #1,569 of 8,123

The great thing about the Zishan is that even though it has a neutral presentation it has bass in spades, it kicks hard and deep, if it had any more bass it would sound like beats.

As an AKM fan and basshead I am sold. I'm hoping your definition of extreme bass isn't just average bass to me
tongue.gif

And I just spent about $60 on various earbud DIY parts....

Nov 16, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #1,570 of 8,123
Nov 16, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #1,571 of 8,123
  As an AKM fan and basshead I am sold. I'm hoping your definition of extreme bass isn't just average bass to me
tongue.gif

And I just spent about $60 on various earbud DIY parts....

I'm not a bass head, but I absolutely need good bass, I listen to a lot of electronic, I am very, very particular about my bass. The Zishan has more kick to it's bass than many daps. I wouldn't call it extreme bass, like I said, it is neutral, if the bass is overpowering the rest of the sound then it would be useless for me, the Zishan accomplishes great bass while maintaining the mids and treble ratio, imo basshead usually means bass is wanted ahead of mids and treble, so that's why I don't say I'm a basshead, but I am a basshead in the sense that I absolutely need energetic, hard hitting, detailed bass, I can't get my groove on with one note fart cannon bass, I need quantity and quality in equal measure, and you can't reach the extremes of either metric without sacrificing the other.

Nov 16, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #1,572 of 8,123
I'm not a bass head, but I absolutely need good bass, I listen to a lot of electronic, I am very, very particular about my bass. The Zishan has more kick to it's bass than many daps. I wouldn't call it extreme bass, like I said, it is neutral, if the bass is overpowering the rest of the sound then it would be useless for me, the Zishan accomplishes great bass while maintaining the mids and treble ratio, imo basshead usually means bass is wanted ahead of mids and treble, so that's why I don't say I'm a basshead, but I am a basshead in the sense that I absolutely need energetic, hard hitting, detailed bass, I can't get my groove on with one note fart cannon bass, I need quantity and quality in equal measure, and you can't reach the extremes of either metric without sacrificing the other.

So we have the same feelings about bass. Except i like overpowering bass too :wink: Ive just ordered my ZDSD from AliExpress seller Shenzen Eucon. Can't wait :)

Nov 17, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #1,574 of 8,123
Dang looks like I missed out on the metal buttons, my Zishan has hard rubber buttons.

EDIT: Also I found that while playing certain songs from my 64gb card that I would get an error. Cards greater than 32gb have to be formatted to fat32 (for now hopefully) and the maximum size supported is 256gb.

Nov 17, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #1,575 of 8,123

I've not too much information but I'm quite a bit sceptical with the x10 due to what happened with the x3 relying everything in rockbox . And even if xduoo'd support more the x10 the zishan's harware appears to be superior on paper, having killing features as replaceable oamp or act as a DAC -that I think xduoo can't, but not sure-
I replaced the original oamp with the muses02 and the improvement was clear. Great sinergy with the stock zishan's hardware. With this upgrade this player can't be fairly compared with any other at this price point for sure, and and even at higher prices as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back