Obscure Chinese DAPs
Nov 15, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #1,547 of 8,143
  One of the things I enjoy about ordering from China is that you can get great electronics at a place called L&Y Princess Dress Store.

Yup same here.... aside from the mobile discount they had the best name :D

Any suggestions for opamp swapout possibilities in that Walnut player?
Was wanting to come close to the same clarity and see what happens as far as noise floor. ( LME49990's on a DIP ? )
Looking up specs now  ( stock has a max of 20V ) but figured first-hand experience will save some time rather than random guessing/trials.
 Thanks for any ideas .

I tried  muses02 and surprisingly the floor noise disappeared.

Not super surprised about this, while the stock opamp is good sound-wise it is not exactly known for being the quietest. The MUSES02 is a high end opamp I'd expect a lower noise floor from. I will try an OPA2132PA in mine when it gets here after some time with the stock config and then start rolling.

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #1,552 of 8,143

It's so beautiful 
tongue_smile.gif
beyersmile.png

Nov 16, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #1,554 of 8,143
My general understanding of it, as it is a bad translation...
Keep in mind, this is my understanding of the eBay description, not my opinions! text in italics is my thoughts, not anything said in the description.

• The 2nd version has been in the works for the long time because the creator does not have much money to invest in working on it, and did not know enough about programming to complete it until this past June.
  • The features it has are unique for the low price point (separate L/R channel processing, socketed opamp, line out jack)
  • Uses a memory card instead of internal flash because flash memory is too expensive relative to microSD, plus it offers one less point of failure to have removable only storage.
  • Warranty covers anything except the battery. (So I guess if the battery goes bad you are expected to replace it yourself. It is a detachable 2 pin plug like the iPod, so replacing it should be trivial.)
  • Intended for the low budget portable audiophile market
  • High quality capacitors used for best audio quality.
  • Stock opamp is a NE5532, socketed so opamp can be swapped.
  • Can drive headphones with impedance 15 ohms thru 300 ohms.
  • Does not sound shrill with high impedance headphones.
  • Line out interface is unique for DAPs in this price range.
  • Supports up to 24-bit, 48khz WAV. Supposedly also supports MP3. But unclear if it supports any other WAV formats?
  • Three band equalizer - interested to see how this works.
  • Left and right channels are processed separately through the DAC to provide highest quality sound.
  • Remembers where you left off when shutting off and starts over from there.
  • Almost all non-essential features are not implemented. only features are change track and play/pause.
  • USB interface support flashing firmware upgrades as well as charging.
  • 32GB maximum microSD
  • Apparently you can use it as an amp by starting it up while playing music (unclear if from the other source or the Walnut itself) - the LO port then becomes the input, and you can use the Walnut as a headphone amp.

I didn't mind writing it up because I was getting a headache trying to read it over and remember all the features.

Has anyone tried 64gb fat32 sd xard with the zishao? Will it work? Or just 32gb :frowning2:

Nov 16, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #1,555 of 8,143
Has anyone tried 64gb fat32 sd xard with the zishao? Will it work? Or just 32gb :frowning2:

0.4d update log:
1. Fixed some ape rustle problem
2. Increase exfat support to support more than 4G files, large-capacity card no longer need to format
3. Increase the multi-channel wav support
4. Fixed deleted files crash problem
5. Increase USB sound card stability
6. Increase the stability of hot-swappable TF card
and many more

Also need to do:
1. Play the interface long text scroll
2. Increase the AAC format support
and many more

I believe made larger cards compatible with it in an earlier update, I'll test this with my 64gb card later today

Nov 16, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #1,559 of 8,143
  My NiNTAUS X10 has arrived. It's fairly basic and the UI is a little clunky but I haven't had much time to test yet.

Looks great. Hope it sounds as good

Nov 16, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #1,560 of 8,143

Users who are viewing this thread

Back