Obscure Chinese DAPs
Nov 12, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #1,516 of 8,123
  It's the siren's song........you want me......you need me......

I like truely this song!
wink_face.gif

BTW This is the translation of the firmware readme 0.4d:

Firmware Update Guide:

1. Go to the settings interface to see whether the interface displays "ZiShan DSD 0.4d", if it is no need to upgrade. The firmware is up to date, close this file.
2. Obtain the latest firmware app.bin and flash.bin, see this article shows that you have access to the
3. Turn the player off
4. Use the card reader to copy app.bin and flash.bin to the root directory on the TF card (that is, double-click to open the mobile disk after the directory)
5. will have app.bin and flash.bin the TF card into the player
6. Power on the white red, release the middle button, the process generally about a minute, after the success will automatically shut down
7. Use the card reader to remove the app.bin and flash.bin from the TF card
8. long press the middle button to start the player.
9. Enter the setup interface to check the firmware version number.

EQ How to use:

Copy "180EQ" to the TF card, enter the player browser to browse "180EQ" folder, select the EQ file to be set, right click to set the current EQ

0.4d update log:
1. Fixed some ape rustle problem
2. Increase exfat support to support more than 4G files, large-capacity card no longer need to format
3. Increase the multi-channel wav support
4. Fixed deleted files crash problem
5. Increase USB sound card stability
6. Increase the stability of hot-swappable TF card
and many more

Also need to do:
1. Play the interface long text scroll
2. Increase the AAC format support
and many more

So for AAC playback I hope for the next version.

Nov 12, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #1,517 of 8,123
  Too tempting... 
tongue_smile.gif
  I ordered a Zishan DSD.
L3000.gif

Hi, i'm interested in the Zishan DSD and i have a few question:
- May i ask you to confirm that those are the correct links to buy it?

https://it.aliexpress.com/item/HIFI-fever-lossless-portable-music-player-AK4495SEQ-super-CS4398-USB-DAC-DSD-hardware-solution/32659019810.html?spm=2114.13010308.0.0.hn14Ow&detailNewVersion=&categoryId=200003871

http://www.ebay.it/itm/272321221921?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

- Is this the normal version? I read that there is also a modded version fo ZiShan DSD; Do you have another link to buy the modded version directly?

Thanks for your help!

Nov 13, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #1,519 of 8,123
Nov 13, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #1,521 of 8,123
Hi,

I'm extremely new here. I have some questions about the Walnut player, if you don't mind answering.

What is the build quality like, what materials are used?

How does the sound quality compare to a Fiio X1 or an Xduoo X3?

Would this player be able to 'push' headphones such as the AKG K52, without an Amp? If not, what are some sub £50/$60 over ears that would be suitable for this device?

Many thanks

Nov 13, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #1,522 of 8,123
got caught by the sirens of zishan dsd, too. @neog007 and @T.R.A.N.C.E. sang together like sirens :wink: thanks to both.

ordered from taobao, using agent, zishan dsd (dac/player) + mini a1 (amp) combo.
GAD sent the item in 24hours, and agent resent to me same day. very fast shipping from both. i chose an slow final shipping carrier, so i'll have to wait for about 10-20 days.

chose stock zishan:
1- i don't know which upgrade suits best my needs, because i know nothing about (op)amps (might use them for hifiman he400i planars -low sensitivity-, so a class a amp stage -high current capable- should be the best option).
2- upgrades 1, 6 and 8 are not available at this moment.
3- upgrades are sold separately to zishan, so i'd had to communicate with makers (GAD) first to ask them to prepare a zishan with the chosen upgrade instead of stock stage, but also coordinate them with the agent (standard automatic way of shipping in agent site would not be possible). most upgrades also need a new shell case, because number of outputs and volume resistor are different to stock one.
4- although opamps combination should be designed together with the rest of components (that's why the upgrades pcb are supposed to be the best option), stock one allows to roll LME49720 (stock, DIP8) with another compatible one.
5- the separated amp (mini a1) already provides an alternative amp stage, and it's a versatile combo: can use the amp with other sources. although its form factor is worse to be used as portable (anyway, zishan by its own seems to be a kind of a sharp cornered brick, to be portable).
6- can choose an upgrade pcb+case in the future from them, after learning more about offered opamps, if i find it better fits my needs.

Nov 13, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #1,526 of 8,123
Nov 13, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #1,528 of 8,123
Best background info is at the listing here.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/272386301194?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
 You might will likely get some noise with high sensitivity things.
I've not tried the spare one yet for that but another member also found that, nor have I popped the hood to see what Deoxit D5 on the pot will do if anything.
  Going to make a couple impedance cables here and test to see how that works with a couple metal film resistors =30 and 75 ohms.
What it is good/compatible with I really enjoy though and I have been using it daily.
Give it some time to settle in also, or see what your take is on that aspect. I did notice some sort of slight change has to be the caps.

Tried to avoid looking in here.....  the Zishan.....  all it takes is a mouseclick and...
What's particularly appealing is that voltage range.
I was eyeing a couple high voltage capable portable amps ( dual 15v and others ) and they come in way past this Zishan pricepoint.  The whole package with modding options, or a standalone amp with nothing else. Kinda hard to resist.
Given what I am reading there is almost no need for an external amp either.

Nov 13, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #1,529 of 8,123
http://www.ebay.com/itm/272386301194?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
 You might will likely get some noise with high sensitivity things.
I've not tried the spare one yet for that but another member also found that, nor have I popped the hood to see what Deoxit D5 on the pot will do if anything.
  Going to make a couple impedance cables here and test to see how that works with a couple metal film resistors =30 and 75 ohms.
What it is good/compatible with I really enjoy though and I have been using it daily.
Give it some time to settle in also, or see what your take is on that aspect. I did notice some sort of slight change has to be the caps.

Tried to avoid looking in here.....  the Zishan.....  all it takes is a mouseclick and...
What's particularly appealing is that voltage range.
I was eyeing a couple high voltage capable portable amps ( dual 15v and others ) and they come in way past this Zishan pricepoint.  The whole package with modding options, or a standalone amp with nothing else. Kinda hard to resist.
Given what I am reading there is almost no need for an external amp either.
=I assume those are Tantalum SMD caps in the pictures?  beggars  can't be choosers I suppose

Ummmm 

What does that say? I read it but cannot decipher it.

Nov 13, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #1,530 of 8,123
For anyone interested in the new Xuelin iHiFi 990, Gear Best has it on flash sale for 1 more day; the price is US $229.99, which not only includes shipping, but also a 32 gb microsd card and "protective case".  This is the best price I've seen for this player...Here is the link to Gear Best (just search for Xuelin 990 when you get to the site, no promo code needed):  http://www.gearbest.com/m-promotion-active-252.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back