Obscure Chinese DAPs
Nov 7, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #1,486 of 8,150
Well I got a nice surprise today... The Zishan DSD! I saw pictures of it but I didn't expect it to be so small. Build quality looks great, it feels really nice in hand, and most importantly the UI is simple. I was able to figure it out in a couple of minutes and change the language to English. Player came with version 0.4c, I understand 0.4d is out and would like to upgrade it, could someone help me?

Nov 8, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #1,487 of 8,150
Not had chance to pop onto the forum for a while, but just spotted this player, this looks very much like my  AGP tek  Imp . . if you hav,nt heard or seen the Imp , take a look.... amazon not bad price...im still using mine every day... Loads of battery life, etc

Nov 8, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #1,488 of 8,150
Can somebody do a test for playback of AAC files for the Zishan DSD please? I know its not in the list of supported file formats but sometimes its works too...
wink.gif

Nov 9, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #1,491 of 8,150
Nov 9, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #1,496 of 8,150
Well I got a nice surprise today... The Zishan DSD! I saw pictures of it but I didn't expect it to be so small. Build quality looks great, it feels really nice in hand, and most importantly the UI is simple. I was able to figure it out in a couple of minutes and change the language to English. Player came with version 0.4c, I understand 0.4d is out and would like to upgrade it, could someone help me?

How you like your new player? Initial impression?
I have another 1 to 2 days' time to make up my mind whether to get the combo or just the mini A1 amp.

Nov 9, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #1,497 of 8,150
How you like your new player? Initial impression?
I have another 1 to 2 days' time to make up my mind whether to get the combo or just the mini A1 amp.

I haven't had a lot of time to listen to it, only about 5-6 hours I'd say, with that being said I'm definitely enjoying the Zishan. I'm very surprised by how simple and to the point the UI is. The player has quite a bit of features, 180 preset EQs, custom EQ, USB DAC, digital filter and car mode(haven't tried). The Zishan is VERY powerful, turning the knob half way produces ear damaging volume, it happened to me accidentally because there is no label of Min & Max volume lol. In terms of sound I find it very transparent, I haven't had the need to crank up the volume to get more detail. Haven't had any hissing or noise with the iems and headphones I've used it with. As of this point I'm quite happy witht the purchase.

Nov 10, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #1,500 of 8,150
HAHAHA! Haven't you been warned? It's much too if its in "Turbo" mode.
Did you get the original Zishan or modded?
haha yes I read it was powerful but I figured, "should I gamble on it being at full volume or guarantee it's midway"

EDIT: forgot to add, I got the regular model because going through a taobao agent seems like a pain in the rear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back