Obscure Chinese DAPs
Nov 5, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #1,472 of 8,143
yes buddy i am using my oneplus one with mojo from last 10 months..

but due to rf noise and somee other constraints, if i can get a $100 dap with usb audio out..i will buy it....

Shanling M1 is said to support USB Audio. Also you could use an old smartphone in flight mode to cut out the RF noise. 
shanlinng m1 has usb c out, i want micro usb out...
else i would have bought shanling m1 ..

Nov 5, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #1,474 of 8,143
shanlinng m1 has usb c out, i want micro usb out...

else i would have bought shanling m1 ..

But i think it would work if you use a USB-C to Micro-USB cable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Right-Angle-Micro-USB-Type-C-OTG-Cable-Portable-Digital-DAC-Amplifier-/301996172236?hash=item46505fe3cc
i have same cable micro to micro..
not good at all..

usb c connector is a complex conector..so many pins..i have a micro to usb c otg connecfor and it's working with oneplus 3 and mojo..but with same cable i am getting better quality with oneplus one..so i want to avoid usb c connector fully....i have done many testings with usb c and cables...so i am biased....

Nov 5, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #1,475 of 8,143
Does that Motorola sub $100 smartphone support USB audio out? If so, it could be interesting for you, @music4mhell. Just disable the phone service and use it as a pure transport source/audio player.

An alternative could be the Hidizs AP60 as soon as the USB output gets enabled through a software update (it's not working at current state). The operation with the touch-sensitive sensor buttons is not the best way though, especially on the go...

Nov 5, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #1,476 of 8,143
Does that Motorola sub $100 smartphone support USB audio out? If so, it could be interesting for you, @music4mhell
. Just disable the phone service and use it as a pure transport source/audio player.

An alternative could be the Hidizs AP60 as soon as the USB output gets enabled through a software update (it's not working at current state). The operation with the touch-sensitive sensor buttons is not the best way though, especially on the go...
yes i am waiting for USB audio out feature on ap60..

once it's out i will buy next day...

one more thing, i have new moto e3 power, the USB audio out is laggy...

Nov 6, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #1,477 of 8,143
QLS QA350 :D  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/QLSHIFI-QA350-MOD-V2-SD-Card-WAV-High-Fidelity-Music-Player/32610197946.html

16/44 WAV only, barely any UI, block form factor, but great sound for the price, uses full size SD, has optical out, and a remote :cool:   Imo it's better than all these "Aigo" daps and Shozy Alien, the Zishan DSD is different though.
Hello, great to meet you here! I have been enjoying the modded dx90 since the day one, thanks!
I understand you have the QA360LE & Zishan DSD, would like to know the comparisons (though QA360LE is no longer available for sale, except the used ones, but there are QA360 MOD on sale now), and compare with dx90, what are the pros on cons? Thanks.

Nov 7, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #1,478 of 8,143
neog007:

Is the Zishan as bold an overall sound as that Walnut player? Similar amount of very excellent detail level ?
( the Walnut seems exceptional )
The player is settling in really well aside from the odd bit of fuzz on certain more sensitive headphones. Guess the caps are coming around.

If the Zishan is anything like this then it's a no-brainer.

I'll likely open it up and see if I can get some Deoxit into the pot.

Nov 7, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #1,479 of 8,143
For me the Zishan DSD is probably the best value dap on Head-fi. I really love the sound, it's detailed, extended, powerful. I also tried about 20 different opamps for it's LPF and so far Muses01 is the most organic and natural. But the stock LME49720NA is still excellent, just cooler in tone and more forward sounding compared to the Muses01 which is smoother and more dense in timbre.

Nov 7, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #1,481 of 8,143
I talked to Zishan seller at taobao, and told him my preferred sound SIG(warm smooth in vocal), he recommended this upgrade - 49720HA X1+797 X2 +634XIIX2, plus "power/electrical(?) source alteration", I seriously have no idea what it would do to the device and what to expect.

Nov 7, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #1,482 of 8,143
I talked to Zishan seller at taobao, and told him my preferred sound SIG(warm smooth in vocal), he recommended this upgrade - 49720HA X1+797 X2 +634XIIX2, plus "power/electrical(?) source alteration", I seriously have no idea what it would do to the device and what to expect.

I talked to the seller as well, he seems trustworthy, the above would certainly be a nice combo. I did try the 49720HA in LPF, it was the only other opamp I tried that rivaled the Muses01, but I couldn't get the pcb back in the case because LME49720HA is taller due to the TO-99 package, it would need some extra work to get it to fit. LME49720HA is overall warmer in bass, yet more forward in both detail and vocals while staying smooth and open sounding, compared to the Muses01 which is much smoother, more laid back in detail, tighter bass, not as forward in vocals with a thicker timbre to the mids, less open sounding, but not in a bad way, your trading open and forward for thick and dense, but one thing both opamps are is quick, the sound is never slow or even close to it. It's probably hard to understand exactly what I'm trying to say here. Both are about as good as opamps can get, with a select few others also in the top tier club like LME49990, AD797, AD8620/10, OPA627/37. Funnily enough all of them are offered by that seller, he has good taste that's for sure!

I also bought the accompanying amp, the GAD Mini A1, it is fantastic, adds an extra level of refinement and detail to the sound, more immersion, just an all round step up to an already great sounding dap. Highly recommended, it's a steal for $80, for sensitive iems you will have to turn off the "turbo" mode of the zishan dsd which lowers the output of the volume and line out, which allows sensitive iems to operate well with the GAD Mini A1, without any channel imbalance.

Nov 7, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #1,483 of 8,143
How's the sound compares with QA360LE(I know it's not going to be fair as the QA is much costly).
Can I expect an upgrade to my dx90 if I get the modded Zishan DSD + mini A1 combo?
BTW,for those who are interested to get the above bundled(Zishan DSD + mini A1), the seller offers a packaged price of RMB1100, with an earphone worth RMB49 as free gift, from now till 12th Nov.
http://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?wp_m=item_rank_list_4&wp_pk=shop/index_282330674_28190682&from=inshop&id=540737210929&wp_app=weapp&wp_p=7

Nov 7, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #1,484 of 8,143
 neog007:

Is the Zishan as bold an overall sound as that Walnut player? Similar amount of very excellent detail level ?
( the Walnut seems exceptional )
The player is settling in really well aside from the odd bit of fuzz on certain more sensitive headphones. Guess the caps are coming around.

If the Zishan is anything like this then it's a no-brainer.

I'll likely open it up and see if I can get some Deoxit into the pot.

Both are on pair in power, giving that characteristic energetic sound. The Walnut has a darker and kind-of-dirty sound signature in comparison with the Zishan, that is brighter and more detailed. It´s also more precise and has absolutely no hiss or channel imbalance at very low volume. The Walnut is excellent for the price, as well as the Zishan.

Nov 7, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #1,485 of 8,143
Can I expect an upgrade to my dx90 if I get the modded Zishan DSD + mini A1 combo? How's the sound compares with QA360LE(I know it's not going to be fair as the QA is much costly).

I can't really say for certain, but I would guess that the modded Zishan would be an upgrade over DX90 mostly in terms of tone, timbre, texture, but in terms of transparency It might be a slight downgrade as your modded DX90 is quite transparent, so overall I would say Zishan isn't an upgrade, more of a side grade.

The Mini A1 amp would certainly be better than the DX90 amp though, and Mini A1 has a great sound sig and technical performance, you could just get the Mini A1 and pair with DX90, but the modded Zishan is different enough that you could own it to mix things up from DX90.

The QA360LE is more bassy and darker than the Zishan. But the QA360LE is also more transparent, minor things in recordings are more obvious, the sound is overall tighter and more composed. The Zishan is killer value, it has a very enjoyable, impactful sound which I could happily listen to instead of my more expensive daps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back