Obscure Chinese DAPs
Nov 22, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #1,606 of 8,127
  I used Drivesort in the past. Then reverted to adding files, then swapping them all out at once into a different folder in the SD card, then back out to the main section of the card again seems to sort things. though sometimes the contents of the folders stays goofy.
Lots of experience as the Colorfly C3 is the same way.
If there is a better filesorter do tell.

mp3DirSorterE  is pretty simple and does well the job -just sort alphabetically folders and/or files-

Nov 22, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #1,607 of 8,127
8 days since getting my tracking from Princess Dress store and no activity or response to any of my messages, so I bought one from the Ali store you linked. Got a working tracking in under 24 hours. Worst case I have to dispute the first one i bought. Best case I own two Walnuts and can compare opamps better, unless I can think of anyone who would want a screenless WAV player for Xmas...

Nov 22, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #1,608 of 8,127
2 better than 1 ... 
biggrin.gif

u shouldn't have too much problem with the sale since the walnut is becoming popular in some way.. 

Nov 22, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #1,610 of 8,127
Listened to the Walnut a good 4 hours straight today, really happy with it, I also took it to the gym paired with Koss Portapro, usually I take Hum Pervasion as my gym dap, but the Walnut did not disappoint, the Hum was not missed at all, actually I enjoyed the Walnut more than the Hum in the context of the gym.

Some daps I can't use at the gym at all, like DX90, Pono, QA360LE, P90SD, N6, X7, etc, basically every dap I've had other than ZX1/2, Hum, Zishan, and Walnut, this is because all latter daps have a type of dynamic and 3 dimensional sound which I can't go without at the gym, while most other daps daps kinda sound a bit flat (in sound stage, dynamism, contrast) and thus boring, even if they are technically proficient and transparent.

I'll be buying one or two more Walnut's just to mod them with different capacitors for different sound sigs, I love this little Walnut, it's not a giant killer in sound quality, but it just sounds enjoyable to me and I can listen to it all day, it's a giant killer in terms of value for money in enjoyment and fun factor for me. Also I tried about 20 different opamps in the Walnut and all sound awesome, just different, some have higher noise floors than others, but you can't hear that with music playing and they all sound great, even though I have my favorite opamps with low noise floors, I could actually live with any one of the 20 opamps I tried, same goes for the Zishan. Two awesome daps.

Nov 22, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #1,615 of 8,127
Has anyone reviewed this player BTW? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lossless-Music-Player-WAV-FLAC-APE-MP3-WMA-Stereo-FM-Recording-4-16G-1500mAH-Battery-200H/32229802248.html?s=p Curious if it's any good

Nov 22, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #1,620 of 8,127
I still got my old Cowon X9 which it claimed 110 h. ( 104-105h real ) and i think this Dap it wont win my X9 in hours of use....
Really i cant tell because i have not this Dap but i think that the hours of use it would be more or less as Benjie S5, maybe some more but never 200h.
If someone buy it or still have it, we will know  the true..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back