O2 AMP + ODAC
Oct 16, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #3,556 of 5,671
Can someone who has O2/ODAC combo from Headnhifi confirm that, on their unit the imput jack also is line out from the ODAC?
Thanks

Oct 16, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #3,557 of 5,671
Understand....

AGDR just wants him to know he is willing to help if its needed to get his ODA to the higher 15 rails which would be better in his situation anyway.... at no cost!!

Alex

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #3,558 of 5,671

what they're not mini speakers?
deadhorse.gif

I never understood what the emoticon means or what it's actually showing. There's a guy wearing headphones smacking the butt of a dog with a human face wearing earphones and his head inside of a plastic bag? Wut?

Oct 17, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #3,560 of 5,671
I never understood what the emoticon means or what it's actually showing. There's a guy wearing headphones smacking the butt of a dog with a human face wearing earphones and his head inside of a plastic bag? Wut?

I think that icon was related to the famous Sennheiser veil. Thats why the dead horse has plastic bag on his head. :D

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #3,562 of 5,671
ive had my O2 for around a year now, and recently its been acting up... whenever i turn the volume pot, a loud hissing sound occurs. once ive finished adjusting the volume the hissing goes away, its only while i turn the knob. any ideas for a solution? i cant really afford sending it off to jds... 
cheers

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #3,563 of 5,671
  ive had my O2 for around a year now, and recently its been acting up... whenever i turn the volume pot, a loud hissing sound occurs. once ive finished adjusting the volume the hissing goes away, its only while i turn the knob. any ideas for a solution? i cant really afford sending it off to jds... 
cheers

That's a new one. Can you replicate the sound with other audio sources and cables?

If you're unable to find a cause, please email us and I'm sure we can assist at no cost to you. That's what the 2-year warranty is for!

Oct 20, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #3,564 of 5,671
isn't it the usual dust(also known as Pringles particles) breaking the surface contact inside the knob? do you have this at any volume or only at specific places on the knob?
try going from min to max and back a few times to see if that changes anything.

Oct 20, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #3,565 of 5,671
  isn't it the usual dust(also known as Pringles particles) breaking the surface contact inside the knob? do you have this at any volume or only at specific places on the knob?
try going from min to max and back a few times to see if that changes anything.

i took the knob off and dusted everything, i think ill take it to work tomorrow and go over it with the compressor (not sure thats the word... its an air pressure machine). cheers

That's a new one. Can you replicate the sound with other audio sources and cables?

If you're unable to find a cause, please email us and I'm sure we can assist at no cost to you. That's what the 2-year warranty is for!

hard to tell, its not persistent - it comes and goes. if the problem keeps happening after ive cleaned it up ill be sure to email you. thanks!

Oct 20, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #3,566 of 5,671
I also wanted to know if it's okay to put a lube inside the control knob like low viscosity oil or penetrating oils? I also have this problem... 
frown.gif

Oct 21, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #3,567 of 5,671
I couldn't stand channel imbalance with a carbon pot so I got myself a 10k 23 steps stepper pot from aliexpress. It's fine balance wise, but sometimes it doesn't lock to step properly and I have to wiggle back and forth a few times. Was thinking of using a 255 step stereo i2c pot + attiny avr + a clicky pot. Might be nice to make a kit

Oct 24, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #3,568 of 5,671
Can anyone recommend something similar to the O2 / ODAC combo but that has both USB and SPDIF inputs? I basically want a completely transparent DAC and amp but I need USB and optical and ideally both coax and optical inputs. I currently have a Benchmark DAC2 HGC but don't need all the extra features so I'm looking to downgrade while still maintaining transparency. Thanks.

Oct 24, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #3,569 of 5,671
  Can anyone recommend something similar to the O2 / ODAC combo but that has both USB and SPDIF inputs? I basically want a completely transparent DAC and amp but I need USB and optical and ideally both coax and optical inputs. I currently have a Benchmark DAC2 HGC but don't need all the extra features so I'm looking to downgrade while still maintaining transparency. Thanks.

I've read some positive reviews on the audio-gd NFB11.32 , from someone whom did move from the O2 stack. I think only the NFB11 is available now but it seems to be the same model which underwent some revisions. This has both USB and optical for your needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back