Nuforce icon HDP or Little Dot MK III / IV -- DAC_1 for Sennheiser HD 600
Sep 15, 2011 at 5:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

artcore

New Head-Fier
Hello head-fi`ers :wink:

After some posts here in the forum and a lot of good recommendations, i was able to brake down my choice for my new AMP/DAC to 2 products.

The Nuforce icon HDP or the Little Dot MK III / IV with the DAC_1

I want to bypass the internal soundcard in my IMac and get the best audio performance for my money.

Many people here are recommending a Tube amp over a Solidstate amp.

Since i never had an external amp/dac before, i can only rely on opinions and reviews from other people.

After all the price of the Nuforce and the Littledot combination is almost similar.

Both systems got pretty good reviews and recommendations.

What do you think.

Are they playin in the same field or is one system far superior to the other?

If i would have the extra money, than i would definitely invest in a woo audio system.

My maximum would be 500 € for both. (DAC/AMP)

so long

Nicola

Sep 17, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #3 of 5
Hi Nicola,

I never heard the little dot, I can only talk about the icon HDP. It is a very capable DAC and Amp with my Sennheiser HD598, Ultrasone Pro 750, Denon and Superlux Headphones. Make sure you use the optical out via mini to slink cable from your iMac, it's pure bliss.

Whenever you want to "upgrade" the icon HDP also works very well as a pre-amp for any other am (so you only use the DAC section of the icon). I am a very happy user with the icon HDP and am currently so satisfied that I did not upgrade my gear in nearly 3 months (that's a lot in my terms). and it's not even itching :wink:

Sep 20, 2011 at 7:48 AM Post #5 of 5
I think you might want to add the Schiit Biforst/Asgard pairing to your possible choices

Users who are viewing this thread

Back