Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jul 20, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #571 of 6,459
he gave me my tracking number last night. happy to get my cable back this week! 

Jul 23, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #573 of 6,459
The Norse Audio site says they aren't taking any new orders.  I see that Trevor has been having trouble meeting his current orders.  What's up?  Is he going out of business?

Jul 23, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #574 of 6,459

First of all I want to say thank you to everyone for being so supportive given all of the unforeseen circumstances these past months.
To the the last group of folks that have waited so long, thank you for your amazing patience.  If you are one of the last few waiting for your cable just before I had to stop taking orders (I believe about 3 or 4 left), your tracking number is coming very soon if you have not received it already.  You will also of course be receiving partial refunds to hopefully help some of that wait you had to endure. 

I just want to say that all of the support really means a lot to me personally. 

So thank you guys!  This community is really one of a kind, and I have always been so happy to be able to be share in it in some way. 

in summary to those that do not know: 
Orders have not been taken for quite some time due to a conflict that arose which I simply could not possibly have known would occur.  To be honest I never imagined it would happen.  As such, it was not actually an issue with meeting demand, nor with products, any of my suppliers or customers, etc.   

A certain major change is being put in place currently before orders can be taken, however this should finally happen early to mid August. 

But I assure you I will be back soon,  I don't go away that easily! (albeit with the new change I have no choice but to put in place).   

Cables like the Reign 24 will continue to be produced, along with some new stuff. 

Thanks again to everyone for hanging in there, another update will be sent out within the next couple of weeks. 

Jul 23, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #577 of 6,459
Thanks for the update Trevor.
Looking forward to hear the new progress soon. 
size]

Jul 23, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #578 of 6,459
just got my norse cable back yesterday. thanks trevor!!!!!

happy to see you back as well!! :D

Jul 24, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #580 of 6,459
Glad to hear you'll be taking orders again soon. I hope you keep producing the Skulds - I've had my eye on getting one with 4 pin XLR connector and an XLR to TRS adapter for my LCD-2s!

I know I'll be checking back here in August.

Jul 24, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #581 of 6,459
Quote:
Glad to hear you'll be taking orders again soon. I hope you keep producing the Skulds - I've had my eye on getting one with 4 pin XLR connector and an XLR to TRS adapter for my LCD-2s!

I know I'll be checking back here in August.

The Skuld 2 will be available again but under a new product name and with different options. 
Will certainly post more details in August on the web along with all other information. 

Jul 26, 2013 at 7:54 AM Post #582 of 6,459
Getting back to the music, the reign 24 i got sound really nice.  better extension and better overall weight to the music compared to the stock cable.  Sound similar to the reign 8 i had as demo (memory is sort of fading on that) but certainly more of everything.  very nice job

Jul 26, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #583 of 6,459
My 8-conductor Skuld 2 arrived today. Absolutely beautiful! Really nice. I'll post some pics later when I can. I'm not sure how photogenic the cable may be as it's all black (very stealthy) and I'm not the greatest photographer. But I'll try. I've got several hours to myself tonight so I'll be able to spend some quality listening time with the new cable. 

I'm glad Trevor is getting things going again. I look forward to buying many more cables as we move forward, and one more time I want to apologize for my nasty post from awhile back. I've removed it as the situation is obviously sorted out and there's no reason to leave that posted in the thread. Thanks Trevor!

Edit: Got a couple pictures to post. Trevor's previous comment makes me think that this is one of the last (if not the last) Norse cable made with the "Skuld" name.  ??

Jul 28, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #584 of 6,459
Quick question, I have a norse cable for my He-500 and LCD-2 finished SE. If I'd get a SE to balanced adapter, would I be running my headphones truly balanced or not?

Jul 28, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #585 of 6,459
Quote:
Quick question, I have a norse cable for my He-500 and LCD-2 finished SE. If I'd get a SE to balanced adapter, would I be running my headphones truly balanced or not?

No. The SE connection shares a common ground (it's 3 conductors total) . A balanced connection requires minimum 4 conductors. 2 signals plus two separate grounds. In fact bridging the grounds on a balanced amp may damage it. You would have to check with the amp builder to know for sure. You would basically be shorting the two grounds into one with that kind of adapter. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back