Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Feb 23, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #271 of 6,459
Quote:
I have to say that all my recent emails were answered very promptly and I am hoping to purchase a Reign 24 very soon. 
size]

same! :D
Quote:
That's nice, I'm still waiting on my response... I really hope I do like the Reign/Skuld to pair with my LCD3. 

I'm sure you will, I really can't see how you wouldn't love it
Quote:
Initially sought an RCA cable from Norse Audio but was a bit put off by the price ... RCA interconnects just weren't worth that much to me personally. So I went with a Blue Jeans cable. But man I have't been able to stop thinking about how great those Norse cables looked and how well-made they are, so I'm going to make the plunge on a cable for my Hifiman HE-400. Emailed Trevor to get a quote and some info because I don't understand all the technical jargon, I just want a nicer, more flexible cable that I have the peace of mind of knowing that it just works.

Excited!

I actually have some awesome RCA interconnects with tinned sheildings from Norse Audio, they are pretty awesome. Did you decide which series you're going to get? 

Feb 23, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #272 of 6,459
Quote:
I actually have some awesome RCA interconnects with tinned sheildings from Norse Audio, they are pretty awesome. Did you decide which series you're going to get? 

Yeah I have no doubt that the RCAs are worth it, just if I'm going to spend a lot on cables, it's going to be a headphone cable and not an RCA cable. I haven't decided which Norse series I'm going to get for my HE-400 yet though. I need to see what the price differences are, first

Feb 23, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #273 of 6,459
Quote:
Yeah I have no doubt that the RCAs are worth it, just if I'm going to spend a lot on cables, it's going to be a headphone cable and not an RCA cable. I haven't decided which Norse series I'm going to get for my HE-400 yet though. I need to see what the price differences are, first

Yea I hear ya. Trevor is coming out with a Skuld 2 series soon, it already might be available. 

Feb 23, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #274 of 6,459
Quote:
Happy owner of a Nors Audio Norn 4-wire for my LCD-2.

I wonder however how you guys fix when the wool cover breaks and expose the copper wire? Tape don´t look to good.

Please send me an email and we will get you a replacement cable as soon as possible.
This was an issue on a small batch of some of the earliest Norn original cables (maybe 5-9) back in 2011 which I thought all were replaced. 
But we do keep some Norn original on hand for replacements even though it is discontinued. 

Feb 23, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #277 of 6,459
Originally Posted by ninjames /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Initially sought an RCA cable from Norse Audio but was a bit put off by the price ... RCA interconnects just weren't worth that much to me personally. So I went with a Blue Jeans cable. But man I have't been able to stop thinking about how great those Norse cables looked and how well-made they are, so I'm going to make the plunge on a cable for my Hifiman HE-400. Emailed Trevor to get a quote and some info because I don't understand all the technical jargon, I just want a nicer, more flexible cable that I have the peace of mind of knowing that it just works.

Excited!

I've got a Norse Audio Skuld 4 for my HE-400.. it's fantastic.  Really impressive build quality.  It's lightweight yet robust.  The braiding is excellent.  Can't recommend it enough.  I think you'll be very happy.. and it's well worth the (good) price, IMO.

Feb 23, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #278 of 6,459
Is it true that Trevor might be making some IEM cables??

Feb 23, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #279 of 6,459

Quote:
Please send me an email and we will get you a replacement cable as soon as possible.
This was an issue on a small batch of some of the earliest Norn original cables (maybe 5-9) back in 2011 which I thought all were replaced. 
But we do keep some Norn original on hand for replacements even though it is discontinued. 

Thanks your customer support is second to none.

Feb 27, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #282 of 6,459
So I've been in contact with Trevor about getting a Skuld 2 made for my LCD-2s and I've noticed that he offers a 4 wire version and an 8 wire version.  I just want to know what the difference is and if it's worth the extra money.  Looks like a great quality cable though, something that would properly compliment the headphones and I can't wait to get it... If only he would email me back!

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #283 of 6,459
Be patient. He has a life outside of his computer and he is making those cables. Only so many hours in the day. He will get back to you soon enough. I am getting Reign 24 for me he6 and could not be happier with the support I got from him.

Mar 1, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #285 of 6,459
Connects. Not enough experiance make a commitment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back