Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jul 5, 2023 at 8:30 AM Post #6,301 of 6,459
Matches also really great soundwise with this one.....

DSCF2005.JPG

Jul 5, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #6,302 of 6,459
Last edited:
Jul 5, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #6,303 of 6,459
Really beautiful cables!

Does Norne cables have problems with their silver turning green?
I thought copper turns green, silver would turn black, or am I mistaken there?

Regardless, Norne has no issues with either. At least not to my knowledge

Jul 5, 2023 at 8:58 AM Post #6,304 of 6,459
I thought copper turns green, silver would turn black, or am I mistaken there?

Regardless, Norne has no issues with either. At least not to my knowledge
Yes your right.

Somebody has long time experience with that Vykari cables?
Not sure if they fixed the problem of cables turning green completely.

My ZMF Verite silver hybrid cable turns green after 3 years of use. Very unfortunate.

Jul 5, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #6,305 of 6,459
Really beautiful cables!

Does Norne cables have problems with their cables turning green?
It´s my first Norne cable and this is juat 2 month old......
So i have no experience with that, but i hope this will not happen......

Jul 5, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #6,306 of 6,459
Yes your right.

My ZMF Verite silver hybrid cable turns green after 3 years of use. Very unfortunate.
I’m pretty sure Trevor uses OCC wiring that has a coating on it that keeps the oxidation from happening. My clear Drausk is 2+ years old and I see no signs of oxidation.

Jul 5, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #6,307 of 6,459
Original Vykari owner here - I have not had any problems at all

Jul 5, 2023 at 6:59 PM Post #6,308 of 6,459
I have Draug V2 from 2016 that looks as pristine as the day I got it. Superb quality.

Jul 8, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #6,310 of 6,459
Yes your right.

Other than the appearance, it's possible this may be a good thing? If the outer skin of a silver wire tarnishes (or oxidizes), that oxide layer is less conductive than the un-tarnished (inside core) of the wire. So you're essentially developing a litz construction of individually insulated strands over time. The older it gets, the more litz-ey it becomes.

OK, I should probably have not had that last beer.... 🤣

Jul 13, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #6,311 of 6,459
If anyone has a 3.5mm (HifiMan/Susvara) to 4-pin XLR, or a Dan Clark Audio to 4-pin XLR Norne cable they'd be interested in selling, feel free to PM me :)

Also interested in a Meze Elite compatible Norne cable in 4-pin XLR.

Jul 14, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #6,313 of 6,459
Matches also really great soundwise with this one.....

The new Vykari Classic just looks fantastic with that square braid. Much better in my opinion than the braid for the original Vykari (which is why I had mine sleeved). I like the the orange accents you picked.

I have an adapter cable coming in with the new braid look hopefully next week or the week after, so I'm looking forward to seeing that in person. Also, that adapter should arrive together with an all silver Vykari...

Since it's hard to to get a hold of Trevor can anyone identify the exact model? It's Drausk said owner but as I'm looking to sell I'd like to know for sure v1 / v2 etc.

drausk2.jpg
I think the new Drausk v2 is now an 8-wire design, at least judging from the images on the Norne website. So I guess this would have to be a v1. But as you know, only Trevor can be sure as he does do custom build requests.

Jul 14, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #6,314 of 6,459
The new Vykari Classic just looks fantastic with that square braid. Much better in my opinion than the braid for the original Vykari (which is why I had mine sleeved). I like the the orange accents you picked.

I have an adapter cable coming in with the new braid look hopefully next week or the week after, so I'm looking forward to seeing that in person. Also, that adapter should arrive together with an all silver Vykari...

I think the new Drausk v2 is now an 8-wire design, at least judging from the images on the Norne website. So I guess this would have to be a v1. But as you know, only Trevor can be sure as he does do custom build requests.
I have my Vykari V1 sleeved as well, but the V1 sleeved is a 4 wire braid, while this new one should be an 8 wire braid.

Might take a while but I will get one of these as well, love the new Design

Jul 16, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #6,315 of 6,459
Other than the appearance, it's possible this may be a good thing? If the outer skin of a silver wire tarnishes (or oxidizes), that oxide layer is less conductive than the un-tarnished (inside core) of the wire. So you're essentially developing a litz construction of individually insulated strands over time. The older it gets, the more litz-ey it becomes.**

OK, I should probably have not had that last beer.... 🤣
** … the older you get, the more Schlitz-ey you become … 🤪😜

Users who are viewing this thread

Back