Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jan 7, 2023 at 2:54 PM Post #6,211 of 6,459
Thank you. It's supposed to be copper color but looks gold from my photo settings. I'm surprised how big that splitter is. It's much bigger in real life than pictures. That thing could really hurt if pressed against your body and could double as a weapon.

Edited photo to show copper traces better as they're reflective vs the red traces that aren't.
Funny to read these comments about a large splitter. When I got my Drausk cable (no covering--beautiful), I didn't like any of those big splitters I saw picture so opted for "none" -- I just assumed Trevor would put some generic/plain jane splitter on the cable. But my cable arrived with no splitter at all. It was weird.

I put something on the cable to sorta/kinda act as a splitter--more to protect the part of the cable where the woven wires "split" in the Left & Right inputs to earcups.

Jan 29, 2023 at 8:12 PM Post #6,212 of 6,459
Looking for some replacement cables for my Stellia. Seems Norne cables are universally admired here. My only concern was the weight and thickness. I want to take my HP out and about so how do these compare with other brands in terms of bulkiness and flexibility and weight? Thanks.

Jan 29, 2023 at 8:21 PM Post #6,213 of 6,459
Looking for some replacement cables for my Stellia. Seems Norne cables are universally admired here. My only concern was the weight and thickness. I want to take my HP out and about so how do these compare with other brands in terms of bulkiness and flexibility and weight? Thanks.
The Vygarde is both more manageable in weight and thickness than say, a Drausk, but there is also the Drausk Lite.

Trevor is very well-versed with the Stellia (I think he may own a pair), so I’d recommend emailing him. If he knows your budget as well, he can stay within that with his recommendations, too.

Jan 29, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #6,214 of 6,459
The Vygarde is both more manageable in weight and thickness than say, a Drausk, but there is also the Drausk Lite.

Trevor is very well-versed with the Stellia (I think he may own a pair), so I’d recommend emailing him. If he knows your budget as well, he can stay within that with his recommendations, too.
Many thanks. I'll get in touch with Trevor.

Jan 29, 2023 at 9:00 PM Post #6,215 of 6,459
Drausk Lite has a good balance. There are thinner cables out there, but I think Norne cables have good AWG and ergonomics. Cables are super soft and don’t feel intrusive at all, even the thicker ones. For portability I think Drausk Lite is a good option.

Jan 29, 2023 at 10:08 PM Post #6,216 of 6,459
I used the Vygarde with the Stellia. It was the best cable for the Stellia that I tried. The bass was amazingly tight and dynamic. I have since sold the Stellia. I also tried the previous generation of Drausk and did not think that was the great match for the Stellia. The current version might be better.

The Vygarde are very light and flexible but are not that thin since they are braided.

I agree that you should consult Trevor and let him know the sound you are looking for.

Jan 30, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #6,217 of 6,459
I have the Drausk (transparent covering): it looks thick & weighty, yet is far lighter than it looks.

(and sounds like a million bucks)

Jan 30, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #6,218 of 6,459
I have the Drausk (transparent covering): it looks thick & weighty, yet is far lighter than it looks.

(and sounds like a million bucks)
Yes- audio jewelry on multiple levels, but also less portable in my personal opinion. 😁
3805C1DB-9951-43E0-96E9-CC546E8F1F31.jpeg
B25C5983-976B-4203-BF9F-D59E39F4F029.jpeg

Feb 22, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #6,219 of 6,459
Feb 22, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #6,220 of 6,459
Feb 23, 2023 at 6:38 AM Post #6,222 of 6,459
Spoke with Trevor and the Raven's Nest is for Limited Edition releases. Skollvar v2 was technically the first to be a part of it, but others are coming this year with unique inlays, splitter designs etc that will only be available there.

Mar 4, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #6,223 of 6,459
Hi,

have any of you used the S4 with a Thieaudio Monarch IEM?
Bought one and find it too thin - bass is very stripped back. Tonally too bright.
The original cable sounds fuller across the entire sound spectrum.

Mar 6, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #6,224 of 6,459
Hi,

have any of you used the S4 with a Thieaudio Monarch IEM?
Bought one and find it too thin - bass is very stripped back. Tonally too bright.
The original cable sounds fuller across the entire sound spectrum.
Hi,

give it a second change......
I don't know what was different before, but now the sound has changed so much that I can hardly believe it.... i mean this in a positive sense
This is how I had imagined the sound after hearing so much good things about Norne Cables.
Now I am really excited. :gs1000smile: :gs1000smile:

Mar 6, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #6,225 of 6,459
I´m considering having one for my VC and / or for my Rognir Planar.
But which one?
Can anyone give me some advice?
I currently used for both a Gand Silver from Lavricable.
However, I need a 3m cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back